Injury Report: 2023 - 2024 Injury Thread HF's New longest ever thread

cinchronicity

Jan 16, 2021
Durango
I've watched that play a bunch of times now, and it certainly seems like it was a skate cut, but it's hard to reconcile where, and which leg, with this report.

If it's the thigh like that tweet says, it would be his right thigh, but it doesn't look like the skate came up high enough, or close enough to Drouin's right leg.

Looked a lot more like it clipped the top of his left foot, or the bottom of his left shin, but he was pushing off with his left skate, and favoring his right leg as he went off.

Very strange play.

Drouin-Skate-Cut.png

One other possibility? Follow the action after Drouin disengages. Frame by frame, it sure looks like Drouin falls on his own right skate. The play looks like a 'reverse slewfoot' where Drouin's left skate get kicked out from under him. He lunges forward very awkwardly. But watch his right ankle when it hits the ice. This better matches the location of thigh than anything that could have happened by the Jet.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
One other possibility? Follow the action after Drouin disengages. Frame by frame, it sure looks like Drouin falls on his own right skate. The play looks like a 'reverse slewfoot' where Drouin's left skate get kicked out from under him. He lunges forward very awkwardly. But watch his right ankle when it hits the ice. This better matches the location of thigh than anything that could have happened by the Jet.
Well done, sir. I watched that video several times and didn't see that.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

Bingo. He sliced his left leg with his right skate, just above the knee.

lT3zbg6.png

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
I love to see him on the ice and I think he will play sometime in the future. However, I just am not confident it will be a long term solution that will allow him to play hockey for long.

He looks a lot more like a man in physical therapy than a man about to take violent high energy physical contact.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Certainly seems possible. Makes sense of the thigh location, when the Oilers skate did not.

But it has the same issue with the skate hitting the left leg. He was pushing with his left leg toward the bench and favoring his right. He took three strides with his left leg, and none with his right, including one behind him to avoid using his right leg.

Very convoluted set of circumstances. :laugh:

Bingo. He sliced his left leg with his right skate, just above the knee.

lT3zbg6.png

That was after the face-off though.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
So he cut himself when he fell down, but I thought he got hurt that’s why he fell by maybe twisting something in his leg

I think either way, it's a safe bet he fell because the Oilers skate clipped him. The timing lines up perfectly and his leg looks like it moves a bit.

Reactions: the_fan

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
just from these videos he looks at least a month away from being able to jump in a playoff series though
That's probably about right, to be honest.

We're about a week from the 1 year mark. That's the point where he should really start sprinting, cutting, changing direction, etc. If that goes well, noncontact practice. If that goes well, full practice. If that goes well, then maybe we try a game. Two weeks after the 1 year mark would be the earliest I would even hope for.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
In full equipment at team practice…

IMG_0998.jpeg

Same day… on separate rink with Kiviranta…

Again, same day today… working while the damn zamboni is trying to get him off the ice…

Oh, and this is only what media badge dudes are *allowed* to see and report. Also, the Avs official account posting him at practice for the first time.

Ignore the aggressive ramp up at your own will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad