RW Matvei Michkov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2023 Draft) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It took him just 1 game to get at the 3rd place amongst 16-year old scorers in the KHL. Yurov scored just 2 points last season. Now Kitsyn with 7 points is the next to get.
The previous 2 games he did nothing in don't count or how does it work? I don't quite get it.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
this post seems funny after whining about mine 2 mins before it:laugh::laugh:
You guys were whining about SKA, Rotenberg, anything but Matvei Michkov. I don't think I know what whining is. How is reminding a guy that he is calling a 16 year old kid out for scoring "easy goals" in a men's league whining?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The previous 2 games he did nothing in don't count or how does it work? I don't quite get it.
He probably just meant that he got all the amount due in one game. It is pretty obvious that if Michkov will keep getting time in the KHL he will break those records. He is that special.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
Just wondering how many parts this thread will reach before he ever ventures to the NHL. Spread bet anyone ? Thirty. Forty ? ;) He will adapt and soon find his skates. His brain is like a computer on the ice.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Just wondering how many parts this thread will reach before he ever ventures to the NHL. Spread bet anyone ? Thirty. Forty ? ;) He will adapt and soon find his skates. His brain is like a computer on the ice.
at least 7… I wonder how many Ovi would have had if HF was as active as it is today?

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
He is 16. Most of his better peers are just trying to get a grip of junior hockey ffs.

Not to mention that Michkov scored or assisted clutch or very important goals like in every game with a few exceptions at the Ivan Hlinka and the U18 WJC. And it was his great defensive play/pass at even strengh few minutes before the end of the game which initiated the winning goal against Cherepovets. That he was allowed to stand on the ice in such a situation is impressive in itself.

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If he can adjust to the KHL this season, we may be in for a treat next year. Could literally be the greatest draft eligible season of all time from a prospect

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Has he signed a contract until he's 21? That'd be a massive oversight on his part not lining it up with his draft year.

Until 2025-2026. Im sure it wasnt an oversight. He knew when he signed it that he was a potential top 3 NHL pick

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
The smirk on Bragin’s face made me laugh. I’ve always found Bragin to be one of the best U-20 coaches in the world before he was with SKA.

He seems to be good with young players which bodes well for Michkov to have a coach like him.

Heck of a release on that shot.

Never liked Bragin tactically. But, yea, the kids loved him and would go through a wall for him.
And he always had a good eye for developing talent.

That said, that a completely different scenario than SKA and Russia national 'A' team.

Reactions: snipes

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Not sure about that. Would he be playing top-6 for any half-decent team in the league, even if for a couple of games? Vancouver fans' bitching aside, SKA truly is showing commitment to develop their prospects at the expense of current results.
He’s been ok SKAstop line

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
Never liked Bragin tactically. But, yea, the kids loved him and would go through a wall for him.
And he always had a good eye for developing talent.

That said, that a completely different scenario than SKA and Russia national 'A' team.
He can only stay on bench and traiding his face with badass look

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
In 3 games played, he is already #7 on the all time points list for a U18 player in KHL history. Michkov vs Bedard is going to be so good for the game. I hope they get drafted in the same conference at least.

Reactions: wetcoast

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
In 3 games played, he is already #7 on the all time points list for a U18 player in KHL history. Michkov vs Bedard is going to be so good for the game. I hope they get drafted in the same conference at least.

I was saying to my friends how at the back end of Crosby and Ovechkin's careers that we might get a similar duo to watch in Michkov and Bedard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad