RW Matvei Michkov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2023 Draft) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Bedard played for a better team and it was much easier to rack up points for him. Michkov's showing was much more impressive.
im not saying Michkov is bad...he is special for sure and IMO...but Bedard was a year younger and only 2 points off of him...Leading scorer of the better team as you say...without Wright and Bedard the team would not have been better so I personally feel Bedards showing was a little more impressive...Michkov as well was use to playing international tourny and Bedard was not...but really it is all personal prefrence both are special talents and will make the 2023 NHL draft something to really drool about

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
im not saying Michkov is bad...he is special for sure and IMO...but Bedard was a year younger and only 2 points off of him...Leading scorer of the better team as you say...without Wright and Bedard the team would not have been better so I personally feel Bedards showing was a little more impressive...Michkov as well was use to playing international tourny and Bedard was not...but really it is all personal prefrence both are special talents and will make the 2023 NHL draft something to really drool about

Yeah splitting hairs at this point. Having a top 2 pick in the 2023 draft is just gravy right now. Two can't miss kids who are going to be compared for the entirety of their careers.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

First, 7 months difference isn't 12 months difference. Second, Michkov scored 2 less goals, than Bedard points, and one of those points was on an empty netter.

ClarkBolzano

Oct 12, 2018
I under stand our NT of view. Both are amazing. It's true that Bedard is younger but it's also true that Michkov achieved what He achieved playing in the second Powerplay and mostly on the third line. This makes his tournament pretty impressive.

ClarkBolzano

Oct 12, 2018
I under stand our NT of view. Both are amazing. It's true that Bedard is younger but it's also true that Michkov achieved what He achieved playing in the second Powerplay and mostly on the third line. This makes his tournament pretty impressive.
Your point of view

Reactions: User9992

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
First, 7 months difference isn't 12 months difference. Second, Michkov scored 2 less goals, than Bedard points, and one of those points was on an empty netter.
why dont people understand this is a year in hockey terms...Michkov would have been ahead of Bedard growing up since he is entering the draft as a late birthday...hence the year older

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
why dont people understand this is a year in hockey terms...Michkov would have been ahead of Bedard growing up since he is entering the draft as a late birthday...hence the year older

That would be valid only if both players grew up in the same system and stayed solely within their respective birth year groups. From the looks of it, due to their different national development paths, Bedard has been playing against older competition for longer than Michkov has. As such, a half year separating both players doesn't make much difference.
In fact, as it pertains to international competitions, Michkov was born at the worst time of the year.

Last edited:

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
That would be valid only if both players grew up in the same system and stayed solely within their respective birth year groups. From the looks of it, due to their different national development paths, Bedard has been playing against older competition for longer than Michkov has. As such, a half year separating both players doesn't make much difference.
In fact, as it pertains to international competitions, Michkov was born at the worst time of the year.
It's still relevant...its about the important early years development....michkov would have started hockey a year before bedard...being a year older in hockey terms makes a big difference

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
It's still relevant...its about the important early years development....michkov would have started hockey a year before bedard...being a year older in hockey terms makes a big difference

Now I see, why Kucherov is better, than McDavid: he has 4 years of development over McJesus...

Reactions: Magnifico

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

For all we know Bedard couldve started playing hockey before Michkov.
Either way, both have graduated from their crucial early development years (9-12).

What now makes the difference is their respective competition levels since then. Bedard should be developmentally ahead of Michkov considering he’s played against older competition for longer. 1/2 year gap between them is nothing.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Now I see, why Kucherov is better, than McDavid: he has 4 years of development over McJesus...
well if that is what your taking from what im saying all the best too you,,,i have only been doing this stuff for 25 years now and made a living at it before retiring...i have no clue what im talking about...so you think the way you think and ill think the way i think...not the fact that at 15 and 16 years old is different than being an adult...

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
-0Z-yFatjCM.jpg

NatusVincere

Nov 30, 2018
well if that is what your taking from what im saying all the best too you,,,i have only been doing this stuff for 25 years now and made a living at it before retiring...i have no clue what im talking about...so you think the way you think and ill think the way i think...not the fact that at 15 and 16 years old is different than being an adult...

„In hockey terms a full year younger“, „use to playing international“… your 25 years of scouting experience cannot be overlooked! Btw Bedard has significantly more (international) experience.

Reactions: User9992

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Going to be interesting to see who goes 1 in the 2023 draft. Michkov or Bedard. With Fantilli and Dvorsky also knocking at the door

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Going to be interesting to see who goes 1 in the 2023 draft. Michkov or Bedard. With Fantilli and Dvorsky also knocking at the door

Nah not Dvorsky for first overall, if he keeps progressing he should have a good chance to go first round though. It's still early but he'd have to have amazing progress to even generate first overall talks.

Reactions: hellwar9

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Nah not Dvorsky for first overall, if he keeps progressing he should have a good chance to go first round though. It's still early but he'd have to have amazing progress to even generate first overall talks.

Dvorsky was probably the top U18 player for Slovak team. Impressive for a 16 year old

I dont think he is going number one. But if he hits a growth spurt/progression...

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

I don’t think Fantilli is a top 3 contender either. Good player, but the type of player who probably goes in the 11-20 or 21-32 range.

Reactions: hellwar9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad