RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
He looked good out there tonight. I think his stick is too long for him, though.
YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW I HAVE BEEN WATCHING HOCKEY FOR 48 YEARS AND I HAVE FOLLOWED PETTERSSON SINCE HE WAS 8 YEARS OLD AND I KNOW DAMN WELL HE WILL GROW INTO THAT STICK. JUST LOOK AT COMPARABLE FROM SIMILAR LEAGUES AND HIS BROTHER Ajk:aslijfhbdlk:jhsd:kljgf

yeah he was solid tonight

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Just scary how quickly he can process the game. Look at that pass he made from behind his own net under all kinds of pressure to Baertschi for a clean breakaway. Very few players in the world would recognize that opportunity.
Link to that clip?

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Watched the game after the Leafs game last night. Easy to see why he was one of the top prospects in the NHL last night (already had him top 5 in his draft year regardless).

Only criticism I have is maybe be a bit more patient on the PP instead of firing low % shots from the perimeter (to be fair one of them did generate a rebound where Goldobin later scored). I don't mind those seeing-eye shots through bodies to generate a rebound.

Processes the game at a incredibly high level though and has the high-end skill to match.

Reactions: Sergei Shirokov

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Only criticism I have is maybe be a bit more patient on the PP instead of firing low % shots from the perimeter (to be fair one of them did generate a rebound where Goldobin later scored). I don't mind those seeing-eye shots through bodies to generate a rebound.

I have to disagree with this criticism. I can think of one time where he took a low percentage shot from a stand still in over 7 minutes of PP time. It led to the goal you described and encouraged the PKers to cheat away from him less when he had the puck.

I could see the argument that he wasn't generating enough movement when he held the puck. I could also see the argument that he passed to the net front guy for a jam play too often (about 4 by my count; I don't think it would have worked more than once against an NHL team).

But those are minor criticisms. Overall I still think he did a great job on the PP.

The best thing I can say about him was how adept he was at starting break outs from his own end. More than once he was the last man back and two passes later he had a break away.
He already looks like he can suceed as a centre, which I wasn't necessarily expecting.

Reactions: Tv9924

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Better skating Mark Scheifele

that's quite an odd comparison, not sure i see that. Better skating Schiefele would be Eichel for me. those 2 guys are more meat and potatoes, Pettersson is more finesse and nifty style of player. He reminded me a bit of Datsyuk and Nikita Kucherov when I watched him last night. but to each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad