RW/C Elias Pettersson - Växjö Lakers HC, SHL (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
looks top 6 material already that said I never bank on pre season games.

he does look like he owns the ice out there, my gosh it's quite unreal.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
he looks absolutely incredible in this game. He should have a nice highlight reel at the end of this game

lawrence

May 19, 2012
he looks absolutely incredible in this game. He should have a nice highlight reel at the end of this game

at this moment its 3-2 Oilers, 9:00 minutes remaining he could have had 4 assists at the moment.

but again, it's only pre season.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
What I watched today confirmed what many people had repeated.

EP plays a style that reminds me so much of Datsyuk.

He could legit had like 4 points in his first game

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
The Canucks are dying for some skill which makes a guy like EP standout even more but he had an impressive first game. What makes him so good is his intelligence. He had some dangles and stuff but I was really impressed by just his reads on the ice.

EX: The first shift after EDM's 2nd goal, he anticipated an incoming pass (coming out of the EDM zone into the middle of the ice) and intercepted it before the player who passed the puck was even beginning to make the play. Then later in the shift he made a nice stretch pass from pretty low in his own zone to spring Baertschi on a rush.

The backdoor pass to Goldobin on Talbot's great glove save looked like a Henrik Sedin play. And whenever he had the puck on the PP you just felt like something good was going to happen. I can't wait to see the PP with Boeser & EP.

He was also very good positionally in the D zone and did good on the draws. For a guy that didn't play much center last year you wouldn't know it from watching him defensively. Now I expect he'll have his struggles against some great center's as the season goes on, but it was a good start.

Its only the first game of pre-season but I'm definitely anticipating him being a big part of this team right away like Boeser last year.

Last edited:

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
how did you pick up this game in your region?
I have a stream source for everything. I purposely tuned in to watch him. He had flashes of brilliance but also head shaking gaffes, like falling over during a one timer.

He was good... just these comments were reading as if he was the best player on the ice. Im sure im being critical, he's a rookie

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I have a stream source for everything. I purposely tuned in to watch him. He had flashes of brilliance but also head shaking gaffes, like falling over during a one timer.

He was good... just these comments were reading as if he was the best player on the ice. Im sure im being critical, he's a rookie

His gaffes were both times he fell over, that was it. Him needing toto gain strength isn't something new. There weren't any glaring positional mistakes or terrible turnovers where he was trying to make a play. He fell over on a one-timer as you said, and then on the last PP I think he reached for a puck that changed direction (or something along those lines) and fell over IIRC.

He was one of the best players tonight. Prob the Canucks best player in this game. Him or one of his linemates anyways. I'd throw Talbot in there too for both teams.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

It's not I don't believe you, I'm just looking for a new source, since rogers game centre live is no longer available for me, lol .

lawrence

May 19, 2012
His gaffes were both times he fell over, that was it. Him needing toto gain strength isn't something new. There weren't any glaring positional mistakes or terrible turnovers where he was trying to make a play. He fell over on a one-timer as you said, and then on the last PP I think he reached for a puck that changed direction (or something along those lines) and fell over IIRC.

He was one of the best players tonight. Prob the Canucks best player in this game. Him or one of his linemates anyways. I'd throw Talbot in there too for both teams.

He was the best Canuck in the game, I think he was, Bo was great but I think Pettersson was better. Goldobin had enough chances for a hatrick because of Pettersson

Give aways Pettersson 1
Virtanen 0

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Caggiula for Pettersson.

Don't even think about it, just do it! It'll work out for everyone!

Nah, you gets have a stunner there. Looks very good.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I'm surprised he wasn't more noticeable with 8 minutes of PP time.
Well he set up goldy for a wide open net and missed.
He set up goldy again and he got robbed with the save of the year
He made strome look awful, and got a bad pass to the legs and fell down.
He had a breakaway where he just blew by an oiler, and just barely got poke checked.

I counted at least 5 big scoring chances, and 3 should have been easy points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->