RW/C Elias Pettersson (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Kotkaniemi could enter the discussion before season end (will likely know by game 40) production is ramping up now and claude is having a lot more faith in the kid as well, was out on the ice for a lot of face-offs late in the game vs. the caps and . First 11 games he had 4 pts, last 10 gms 8 pts and last 5 gms 5 pts. If Claude moves danault down and Kotkaniemi up in the line-up while giving him pp time you could see it become a four horse race
True. And he was a riser with his last half last season too. I think we will see even better things from Kotkaniemi as the season progresses too

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
i was really high on kotkaniemi (4th), it's just that i was super high on zadina

but he's nowhere near pettersson

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Howden and Kotkaniemi will be interesting and Dahlin and Heiskanen are going to be studs... but Elias is quite a ways ahead right now.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I live in Southern Ontario, they get nowhere near as much coverage as the other Ontario teams. I'd argue due to how big a fanbase in Atlantic Canada the Bruins have, that they get equal or more coverage (and the fact they are rivals of both the Habs and Leafs). The Sabres have their own specialty channel in the Niagara region, but they have their own broadcast team that doesn't really overlap with TSN outside of Marty Biron.

I personally don't notice the Sabres getting more coverage than Boston, Detroit or Pitt. Part of that is they have been bad for a while. I also don't think they have a disproportionate amount of PHWA voters. Pettersson gets talked about as much or more than Dahlin on TSN 1050 or Fan 590.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Kids hit a bit of a wall outside his 5 point game since being injured.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Not saying he is playing poorly. He's just not lighting the world on fire like he was.

that's less on him going down with injury than Boeser going down with injury and not returning yet, EP has played fine but doesn't have anyone on his line who can shoot the puck

Goldobin has been good at driving the play but he really misses Boeser on that line and with both Sutter and Beagle injured, Horvat has to play shut down role which means he is facing all of the shutdown players instead of being able to split them with the Horvat line

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Got back on the board with an assist so far tonight.

Even though he hasn't been scoring at the unsustainable pace he was earlier he's still been playing great/good. His details are incredible. There's nothing he doesn't do.

Edit: just added a goal.

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
I was thinking to myself seeing that highlight why would a player try such a ridiculously long pass right in front of the benches. I'll bet it was either Phaneuf or Duston Brown.

Surprise Surprise

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Desjardins said that the "secret is out on EP". He's getting much harder matchups, which is going to take some adjusting for a fresh 20 year old who's still pretty slight. Really impressed that he's still producing pretty well (and should be producing way more without all of the posts and missed nets of his teammates on golden feeds) despite. Would be really happy with 60 pts this year, personally.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Desjardins said that the "secret is out on EP". He's getting much harder matchups, which is going to take some adjusting for a fresh 20 year old who's still pretty slight. Really impressed that he's still producing pretty well (and should be producing way more without all of the posts and missed nets of his teammates on golden feeds) despite. Would be really happy with 60 pts this year, personally.
Willie Desjardins is also off his rocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad