RW/C Elias Pettersson (2017, 5th, VAN) Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Previous thread went over the post limit, starting a new one.

Petterson has developed a really great chemistry with Goldobin the past 2 games. Goldy seems to be a new man, more engaged and confident with the puck. Remains to be seen if he can keep this up.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Louis Eriksson not getting enough credit for being the stabalizing forward on that line. He is doing the dirty work on the boards and zone exits.
Agreed. His corpse has risen from the dead this year so far. If he can keep this up it would be huge for the team. He’s just been awful or injured ever since he signed the contract.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Here’s Canucks coach Travis Greens assessment of EP’s second game ( Green is usually pretty modest with his praise):
“Dynamite,” said Canucks coach Travis Green. “He was our best player tonight and he was the least of our worries — one of the bright spots in the game. We had some guys play OK, but a few who need to play better.​

Reactions: Love

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I am blown away by this kid. Knew he would be highly skilled and exciting to watch from that stand point, but the IQ is off the charts.

Bo Horvat echoing what his coach last year in Vaxjo said in the 2nd intermission that he is teaching them things already at 19 and 2 games and an exhibition in. Watching him and Johnny Gaudreau go back and forth the last couple games has really been something. Seems to have a sense of where to be and where to go before things happen and elite skills to pull things off.

Best 19yr old Canuck of all time. Sky is the limit.

Reactions: Kreator

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I am blown away by this kid. Knew he would be highly skilled and exciting to watch from that stand point, but the IQ is off the charts.

Bo Horvat echoing what his coach last year in Vaxjo said in the 2nd intermission that he is teaching them things already at 19 and 2 games and an exhibition in. Watching him and Johnny Gaudreau go back and forth the last couple games has really been something. Seems to have a sense of where to be and where to go before things happen and elite skills to pull things off.

Best 19yr old Canuck of all time. Sky is the limit.

How old was Bure as a rookie? I'd be interesting to compare their rookie years

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think Bure was 20. He’s the best Canuck rookie I’ve ever seen. 60 points and 34 goals in 65 games. Followed it up with 110 points and 60 goals in his second season but obviously in a different era.
EP the best since IMO but Bure was in a class of his own.
Certainly Bure was the best 6th round pick for the Canucks.;)

Reactions: Grantham

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Bure was 20/21. He scored 60 points in 65 games, but it was a very different era. Next year he scored 110 points (but was still outside of top 10 in scoring!).

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
His stick handling, deking, and decision making at a millisecond’s notice is incredible. I’ve heard a few Datsyuk comparisons, which I know is very high praise, but that is the closest thing his stick handling reminds me of so far.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Hate to admit it, but this kid is a for real. He burned the Flames all game and was even better than his debut on Wednesday. He could’ve had 5 points last night if his teammates were up to par. His hands, shot and instincts are off the charts and I really hate that Flames will have to go up against him and Connor McDavid for the next decade+.

He should be a shoe in for the Calder if he stays healthy.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
UEj11xR.png

When you get to play with The Alien and Canucks fans hate your contract just a little less

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
His stick handling, deking, and decision making at a millisecond’s notice is incredible. I’ve heard a few Datsyuk comparisons, which I know is very high praise, but that is the closest thing his stick handling reminds me of so far.
The amount of dekes he did last game was incredible. I'm trying really hard to contain myself. Datsyuk is definitely a good comparable. Offensively gifted, defensively sound and flashy as him. Been a long long time since we've had such a kind of player, canucks fans should be happy and thrilled.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
The amount of dekes he did last game was incredible. I'm trying really hard to contain myself. Datsyuk is definitely a good comparable. Offensively gifted, defensively sound and flashy as him. Been a long long time since we've had such a kind of player, canucks fans should be happy and thrilled.

Now imagine when Quinn Hughes is in the lineup, the deking will blow your mind.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
Incredible player ... Soo entertaining he is well on his way to become my favorite NHL player

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Eriksson looks like the Eriksson that played with the sedins in the 2013 WHC. Slower smart players tend to mesh well with Elias. Same as Rosén in Växjö last year. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he is the highest Scoring swede in the NHL this season already. Never expected him to dominate from his first game. Face offs need work.

I haven’t been this excited about a swedish player since the emergence of Erik Karlsson.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Eriksson looks like the Eriksson that played with the sedins in the 2013 WHC. Slower smart players tend to mesh well with Elias. Same as Rosén in Växjö last year. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he is the highest Scoring swede in the NHL this season already. Never expected him to dominate from his first game. Face offs need work.

I haven’t been this excited about a swedish player since the emergence of Erik Karlsson.
He would have to outscore Backstrom, Karlsson, Forsberg to name the first 3 Swedish stars that came to mind. Possible but I wouldn't bet on it. In a couple of years, though, I may be willing to take that bet

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
I hope green wont break up goldy-ep combo. Goldy is skilled enough to play with pettersson

If Goldy continues to work at playing a complete game, Igor Larianov’s boasting that Goldy is going to score 30 is not so far-fetched if that line stays together all season.

Westcoastsniper

Sep 25, 2008

Yeah he needs to work on consistency in faceoffs. Last game he went 60% and led the Canucks in faceoff % after working on it with Manny during practice. Kids a fast learner after going 33% the first game.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
People should temper expectations a bit. It is his rookie season and usually rookies run out of gas. I think he score between 50-70 this season which would be very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad