Friedman: Rutherford/Allvin done assessing Canucks - Everyone available except Pettersson, Hughes, Demko

Feb 19, 2018
If we do move Horvat I can see an up and coming team with good prospects looking to take a step. LA, ANA etc. I also see a fit in Philly and wonder if Provorov would be a target.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
For me the biggest thing from this is that captain Bo Horvat is NOT untouchable. Perhaps the team will look into keeping Miller and moving out Horvat

I'd be 100 percent on board with this if Horvat can fetch us what we need to fix the defence and re-stock the prospect pool.

If Miller signs an extension this summer, I wouldnt be surprised if Horvat is traded before that ink dries.

Horvat is the Captain but Miller is the Alpha of the room and fire that drives the team and drags them in the fight.

Reactions: CaptainCanuck71

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Cost on Horvat/Miller to NYR? I get both have different values but I don’t see how Vancouver keeps them both with EP40 there as well

Horvat for Lundkvist+1st+2nd?

Miller for ???

Schneider and Kakko are off limits.

it’s going to cost someone on that level..l Lundkvist isn’t needed in Van and you guys should really stop trying to slide him in.

Reactions: zcaptain

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Vancouver has so many younger guys or guys who are still pretty young. Still lots of talent on that roster.

I'm not sure making this information public, is a good idea.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Cost on Horvat/Miller to NYR? I get both have different values but I don’t see how Vancouver keeps them both with EP40 there as well

Horvat for Lundkvist+1st+2nd?

Miller for ???

Schneider and Kakko are off limits.
If Schnieder and Kakko are off limits, then Miller would be too.

I'd take that deal for Horvat.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Value is pretty good, but I don't rate Hronek particularly highly. He's not great defensively, but a defensive defenseman is really what Vancouver needs on the right side.

I'm a big fan of Berggren and the picks are sorely needed. Honestly I'd rather have Albert Johansson in the package than Hronek, but I suspect most Canucks fans would disagree.

Understandable, Hronek is has been paired with absolute anchors like Danny Dekeyser, Marc Staal, pair him with an actual D man and he would excel.

Albert is a stud but he is more of an offensive, PMD who plays on the left side. With Edvinsson, Sebrango, Wallinder, McIssac all coming up id move Johansson for a 2C package for sure.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Why would he be available then?
He's not a cornerstone piece of the organization. He's going to be a 2nd line player at best on any team competing for the Cup. The Canucks have those guys on the table.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
So is Pettersson pretty much locked in as a winger now moving forward? Or is he still a work in progress?

Just a year ago this whole thing was being built around him. Now it seems like he's more of a complimentary player.

If I were them, I would be low-key floating that guy at the draft trying to get in a position to nab one of the top three picks this year. Because instead he's now on a pretty unfriendly bridge that's going to balloon into a $9m AAV payment three years from now when he hits 26.

Last edited:

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
it’s going to cost someone on that level..l Lundkvist isn’t needed in Van and you guys should really stop trying to slide him in.
For Horvat? You’re joking if you think he’s returning Schneider/Kakko

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
305c9c253409c2d154e481e3176ae23cd63e3976.gifv

Reactions: Russian Factor

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Robertson is a pretty good prospect although I get you want a RHD. But Robertson+1st+2nd seems pretty in line with what Horvat gets

There would be about 20 teams that can beat a Robertson 1st and 2nd trade for Horvat

1st , 2nd , Robertson would probably me more in line for a winger like Boeser

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Vancouver has so many younger guys or guys who are still pretty young. Still lots of talent on that roster.

I'm not sure making this information public, is a good idea.
Rick Dhaliwal is connected with the Canucks but this is still just a media report. They aren't publishing this on the website.
The agents are constantly reminding their players, "Gretzky got traded. Unless you have a no trade clause, or a no movement clause, expect anything".
We're nearing the TDL and these are NHL players on a non-playoff team. If they aren't considering they are available for trade then they shouldn't even be trusted with grabbing their own silverware from the drawer.

Reactions: FlameChampion

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Surprising how?

Was he always on the block with Arizona?

He has been absolutely awesome for the Canucks. He is our most productive 5 on 5 player and its not even close!

He's basically been a 0.5PPG player since a hot streak to start the year making $5m a year for another 4 years.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
If we do move Horvat I can see an up and coming team with good prospects looking to take a step. LA, ANA etc. I also see a fit in Philly and wonder if Provorov would be a target.

Provorov for Horvat would be something I can get behind. I think Philly adds a bit.

and of course If it means Miller is re-signing

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
OH MY GOD !!! NO WAY !!!! Almost everybody on that roster is available for the right price??? WHAT A F-----NG SHOCKER !!!!!!!!

Reactions: BCNate

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Rick Dhaliwal is connected with the Canucks but this is still just a media report. They aren't publishing this on the website.
The agents are constantly reminding their players, "Gretzky got traded. Unless you have a no trade clause, or a no movement clause, expect anything".
We're nearing the TDL and these are NHL players on a non-playoff team. If they aren't considering they are available for trade then they shouldn't even be trusted with grabbing their own silverware from the drawer.

just for clarification,

This was Friedman who reported it not Rick ...it was reported on the Rick Dhaliwal show which where the confusion might stem. I hear your point though

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I'd be 100 percent on board with this if Horvat can fetch us what we need to fix the defence and re-stock the prospect pool.

If Miller signs an extension this summer, I wouldnt be surprised if Horvat is traded before that ink dries.

Horvat is the Captain but Miller is the Alpha of the room and fire that drives the team and drags them in the fight.
I don't think Horvat is a good captain. I think he was too tied to Green, and lost the room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad