Friedman: Rutherford/Allvin done assessing Canucks - Everyone available except Pettersson, Hughes, Demko

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I could see horvat to the rangers more so than Miller. Wouldn’t cost as much to get horvat

I wouldnt be so sure on that.

Horvat is younger, will cost less AAV and will probably have more teams able to trade for him that Miller.

How many teams do you think would be in a bidding war for a 26 yrd old Centre, Captain that produces.

For Horvat i say at minimum

1st
2nd
Top prospect

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Cost on Horvat/Miller to NYR? I get both have different values but I don’t see how Vancouver keeps them both with EP40 there as well

Horvat for Lundkvist+1st+2nd?

Miller for ???

Schneider and Kakko are off limits.

That is likely the price for Horvat tho I dont think Lundkvist is the type of undersized Dman the Canucks are looking for. Value wise that fits though.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
I could see Ottawa interested in Podkolzin, especially if they sign Kuzmenko.

If Ottawa drafts 8-10 would a 1st round pick do?

Pod/Stu/Kuz could be hella fun to watch.
That seems a steep price for Podkolzin.

Done nothing to warrant that type of ask at this point.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
To Det:
Bo Horvat

To Van:
Filip Hronek (24 y/o Top 4 RHD) @ 50% retained
Jonatan Berggren (Blue chip FWD prospect)
2022 2nd (DET) 2022 2nd (WSH)

Detroit gets its 2C it desperately needs
Van gets a young offensive top 4 RHD, a blue chip prospect and a few 2nd rounders

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
That is likely the price for Horvat tho I dont think Lundkvist is the type of undersized Dman the Canucks are looking for. Value wise that fits though.
How about swapping Lundkvist for Matt Robertson?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Leafs would throw a 5th/6th their way for Schenn.
Could use some press box depth for the playoffs.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Horvat would get similar to what Oreilly got when he was traded to St Louis.

Oreilly got

Tage Thompson
Sobotka
Berglund
1st
2nd

I dont think the Canucks will ask for roster vets back unless its needed to make the cap work but thats probably the frame-work of what it will take for Horvat.

Oreilly was similar age to Horvat when he was dealt to St Louis as well..

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
To Det:
Bo Horvat

To Van:

Van gets a young offensive top 4 RHD, a blue chip prospect and a few 2nd rounders

Interesting offer. Definitely good value being offered. Is Hronek UFA/RFA after this year?

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
I wouldnt be so sure on that.

Horvat is younger, will cost less AAV and will probably have more teams able to trade for him that Miller.

How many teams do you think would be in a bidding war for a 26 yrd old Centre, Captain that produces.

For Horvat i say at minimum

1st
2nd
Top prospect
Horvat is only 2 yrs younger, 250 k higher caphit, and JT Miller is out producing him 2:1. Whose more valuable again?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
For me the biggest thing from this is that captain Bo Horvat is NOT untouchable. Perhaps the team will look into keeping Miller and moving out Horvat

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Leafs would throw a 5th/6th their way for Schenn.
Could use some press box depth for the playoffs.

Not worth it to the Canucks as Schenn plays with Hughes and probably the only bruiser and toughness we have in the lineup. He is also signed for one more year at a league min. Would rather keep him than get a 5th.

Schenn keeps guys honest from making runs at Hughes.

Though if were being honest, Schenn's skating is probably at an ECHL level.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Garland is gonna have to grow a few inches before any team takes interest. Right @The Nightman ?

garland-jpg.394461

garland-2-jpg.394671

DarthProbert

Feb 3, 2015
Allow me to begin the flood of ripoff proposals that don't bother to even begin to consider the Canucks' needs by suggesting you send Horvat to the Jackets for Emil Bemstrom and a 1st. ;)

But seriously, I'd love for the Jackets to get involved, but the needs the Canucks have are pretty much the same ones we have. :(
If Rutherford considers Petterson and Hughes more of a core to win with than Horvat and Miller, then he's not considering the Canucks' needs either.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Canucks can 100% get an offer better than Matt Robertson being the main prospect in return. Nothing against Robertson but Horvat is no joke.
Robertson is a pretty good prospect although I get you want a RHD. But Robertson+1st+2nd seems pretty in line with what Horvat gets

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Horvat is only 2 yrs younger, 250 k higher caphit, and JT Miller is out producing him 2:1. Whose more valuable again?

Both will be due new contracts next year.

Horvat will sign below 7m AAV and Miller will sign north of 8mil AAV.
Both will be long term contracts and the 2 years age difference will be massive in getting value for those long term contracts.

I'm also not arguing who is more valuable, Horvat or Miller.

I'm arguing that there would be just as much if not more interest with Horvat than Miller thus Horvat's asking price isnt going to be much cheaper than Miller's which was what was suggested.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Allow me to begin the flood of ripoff proposals that don't bother to even begin to consider the Canucks' needs by suggesting you send Horvat to the Jackets for Emil Bemstrom and a 1st. ;)

But seriously, I'd love for the Jackets to get involved, but the needs the Canucks have are pretty much the same ones we have. :(
How available would one of your 1sts be? Sounded a while back like Texier may be available? and or Bean?
Depending on your targets, I think there are some pieces to get things done.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
To Det:
Bo Horvat

To Van:

Value is pretty good, but I don't rate Hronek particularly highly. He's not great defensively, but a defensive defenseman is really what Vancouver needs on the right side.

I'm a big fan of Berggren and the picks are sorely needed. Honestly I'd rather have Albert Johansson in the package than Hronek, but I suspect most Canucks fans would disagree.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Robertson is a pretty good prospect although I get you want a RHD. But Robertson+1st+2nd seems pretty in line with what Horvat gets

that's not in a line with what horvat would get at all. If that was the price every team would be jumping at the price.

how is robertson a top prospect? the only reason you even think he is, is because of your bias

guy who turns 21 in a week and has 9 points in 44 games as a d-man in the ahl is a top prospect. get real and stop overrating your prospects.

Last edited:

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I could see Ottawa interested in Podkolzin, especially if they sign Kuzmenko.

If Ottawa drafts 8-10 would a 1st round pick do?

Pod/Stu/Kuz could be hella fun to watch.
I'm a big fan of Podkolzin. Giving him up for the same draft slot 2 years later would be tough. I think most people would be 50/50 on dealing him for a 10th pick.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Both will be due new contracts next year.

Horvat will sign below 7m AAV and Miller will sign north of 8mil AAV.
Both will be long term contracts and the 2 years age difference will be massive in getting value for those long term contracts.

I'm also not arguing who is more valuable, Horvat or Miller.

I'm arguing that there would be just as much if not more interest with Horvat than Miller thus Horvat's asking price isnt going to be much cheaper than Miller's which was what was suggested.
I couldn’t disagree more :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad