Rumor: Russo : The Wild have a lot of interest in Luke Schenn

puckinyourteeth

Dec 20, 2022
For the last time Canucks fans, Minnesota doesn't want boeser, nor does alot of teams
I’m pretty sure you have zero say in the matter, even though this is a message board. The guy is still a really good player but I’m still of the belief that the passing of his father is still affecting him in many ways, and he really needs to get away from the Canucks for him to fulfill his potential. You don’t suddenly forget how to put the puck in the net so, I’m pretty sure Guerin knows that Boeser still holds a lot of value.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
I’m pretty sure you have zero say in the matter, even though this is a message board. The guy is still a really good player but I’m still of the belief that the passing of his father is still affecting him in many ways, and he really needs to get away from the Canucks for him to fulfill his potential. You don’t suddenly forget how to put the puck in the net so, I’m pretty sure Guerin knows that Boeser still holds a lot of value.
Pretty sure our gm doesn't want him.as been reported a million times. Apparently Vancouver fans don't get that. We don't give a damn about boeser to Minnesota, not does our gm which apparently people can't understand

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
We don't have cap space for Boeser. Guerin isn't interested in Boeser. If any team in the league was willing to take on Boeser's contract, he would have been traded already. Cope.

Reactions: Sebastien

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Probably been stated already but Greenway for Schenn makes a bit of sense from a 3rd party perspective.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Tocchet called his team soft last night after the loss. You would think that Schenn would be the type of guy that he would want to hang onto but....I guess with Free agency looming, they are going to try to get what they can.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Luke Schenn????

The wild are not getting help by trading for Luke Schenn. I dont understand this one.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Probably been stated already but Greenway for Schenn makes a bit of sense from a 3rd party perspective.
Sort of... Schenn is an expiring contract, greenway isn't, so I could see VAN maybe considering it a win, if they are delusional and think that their team is salvageable as is.

MN.... well, only if Dumba is traded. They already have Goligoski sitting on the bench, to plug in if need be.

I just don't see 2-3 mos. of Schenn making enough of a difference to the team to bother. They need a top 6C, so they don't have to keep playing waiver pickup Sam Steel as #1C(used to be Hartman, before that Victor Rask). If they are trading Greenway, i sure as hell hope it's for prospects or picks, not an expiring contract, Bottom six Dman in his 30's. MN is not a Cup contender....such a deal makes sense only for a team that is.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is Minnesota even going to be a buyer at the deadline?
Their likely form of buying would be to just keep Dumba. Makes more sense than what is available out there, as they can't take on cap after this w/o going through extreme financial, and roster gymnastics.

Reactions: jfhabs

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Greenway is another mid level winger the Canucks don't need. Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, Garland, Boeser and Miller are all better then Greenway. Plus we have a slew of young wingers cooking in the minors.

Dumba, especially as a UFA, might be an overall upgrade on Schenns play, but brings more of what our atrocious D corps is already stuffed with. Schenn isn't replaced internally and we would miss his defensive play. They both need new contracts, so even a straight swap doesn't make sense, barring other moves concerning Myers.

Both players Wild fans are excited about moving don't fit the Canucks needs, whether we rebuild or retool.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
How about Miller+ Schenn for Dumba+ Gaudreau/Shaw?

Minny needs a top 6 C, Vancouver needs a top 4 D. Would something around this work?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Luke Schenn????

The wild are not getting help by trading for Luke Schenn. I dont understand this one.
I find it funny people still think this is the Schenn of old.
He has completely evolved his game and is a damn good D-man

puckinyourteeth

Dec 20, 2022
Wait, you have say, but he doesn't?I
Wait, you have say, but he doesn't?
I don’t have any say in what goes on behind the Canucks closed doors unless my wife’s holding back, and unless he’s the GM or the owner, neither does he. THAT was my point. I don’t wail and gnash my teeth over something I have zero control over like other posters…..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad