Rumor: Russo : The Wild have a lot of interest in Luke Schenn

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I'd much rather get a 2nd than Greenway for Schenn but we shall see..

Greenway's frame has always been tantalizing but the West/PAcifc is not overly physical at all and is more purely played with speed and finesse.

Schenn for Greenway would not be the worst option

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Dumba Greenway Wallstedt
For
Schenn Horvat
That’s too Vancouver friendly IMO. Dumba could fetch a 1st if retained at 50%.

Minnesota better off trading a second for Schenn then turning around to obtain a first for trading away Dumba…. in a swap of defenders.

Greenway and Wallstedt is too much for a rental like Horvat.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Is Minnesota trying to create the goon squad? They already have an abundance of physicality.

Feb 19, 2018
A de-facto Dumba for Schenn swap makes sense if Schenn is tied to a small extension. Spurgeon and Addison would be the top-2 RHDs and Schenn can slot in as a good 3rd-pair guy in the short-term. From a cap management perspective, it's not a bad idea at all.
It’s actually terrible, where is Vancouver getting an additional 5 million in cap space to take on Dumba for Schenn?

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I had assumed Dumba was going to the oilers for something , schenn makes some sense

oceanchild

Jul 5, 2009
Whitehorse, YT
Doesn't matter what your gm wants. Same thing with JT Miller. Wild aren't paying anything for a d unless they trade dumba. Schenn isn't getting a 1st round pick or top prospects. If your expecting anything more, then you will be disappointed. At best he gets 2nd round pick and nothing prospect
Lots of demand for Schenn and I would ask why we would trade him to ninny for less given the price last year on Chiarot.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
There’s a lot of prospect names and picks flying around here that aren’t relevant to Schenn.

Genuinely interesting how so many of these Vancouver players carry all this value all the while being the team they ice every night. Granted, in the year+ of daily threads, they haven’t seen any of that value realized in a trade. Weird.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Dumba Greenway Wallstedt
For
Schenn Horvat
Hell No.gif

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I can't see any of these guys getting traded for a bottom pairing rental. Picks maybe, Greenway maybe. I don't think Guerin's traded his prospects in his time here, and he's on record as saying he doesn't believe in trading good future pieces for rentals. I think the most valuable piece he's moved is the 2nd that was a conditional 1st for Fleury, and he wanted to extend Fleury.
Yeah probably not there yet.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Why though?

He’s a solid RD paid at a league minimum with cup winning experience. He’s a physical meat and potatoes defensive dman that brings an intensity and leadership, on good teams he’s a 6/7 but likely finds increased usage in the playoffs where the play style completely changes.

Contenders tend to look at these sort of additions. Think of the RD version of the Avs picking up Cogliano and Helm.

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think Schenn on Minnesota would be a good fit for their style of play. If they can get a good prospect/pick for Dumba might as well take it. There is zero chance of the Wild being able to re-sign him. The Wild are genuinely screwed for Cap space next year. I just wonder who would want and could afford Matt Dumba from now to the deadline, besides Washington. Toronto? Do the Canucks and Wild make a bigger trade, where Dumba signs with the Canucks thereafter?

puckinyourteeth

Dec 20, 2022
Schenn is a leader that every GM wants for the regular season and more importantly, the playoffs. As another poster said, his game has evolved and is now solidly entrenched in the Canucks top 4, riding shotgun for Hughes. I personally wouldn’t trade Schenn UNLESS it was for a first round pick. The guy loves Vancouver and by the looks of it is showing loyalty to a team that gave him a go when by all accounts his career seemed to be over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad