Rumor: Russo : The Wild have a lot of interest in Luke Schenn

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I think the Wild keep Dumba for post season depth and let him walk as an UFA this summer.

Why keep 6mil for Depth? Trade him and pick up Schenn at 900k if you want depth and then some.

Thats just bad asset management if they keep Dumba for depth purposes.

Ya, like how did Wallstedt slip into this conversation?

Especially when the Canucks have a young prime Demko and a 21 yr old Silovs killing it in the AHL.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Why keep 6mil for Depth? Trade him and pick up Schenn at 900k if you want depth and then some.

Thats just bad asset management if they keep Dumba for depth purposes.

Because I would rather have Dumba for the playoffs than a 2nd or 3rd round pick, which is all I see him getting at the TDL. Why would Vancouver, a team not going into the playoffs, trade Schenn for a player they aren't sure they can re-sign? Unless there is an agreement that an extension will be awaiting his arrival, but I don't see it.

I could be wrong and there might be a team that would be willing to give up more than that....or he might be packaged as part of a larger deal. But if I were a betting man, I would put my money on him remaining on the roster and walking as a UFA this summer.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Because I would rather have Dumba for the playoffs than a 2nd or 3rd round pick, which is all I see him getting at the TDL.

I could be wrong and there might be a team that would be willing to give up more than that....or he might be packaged as part of a larger deal. But if I were a betting man, I would put my money on him remaining on the roster and walking as a UFA this summer.

Youd rather have Dumba for playoffs is one thing, but if youre saying he is gonna sit int he pressbox and only be used as depth then whats wrong with taking a 2nd or 3rd for him and letting someone else be a depth guy.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Youd rather have Dumba for playoffs is one thing, but if youre saying he is gonna sit int he pressbox and only be used as depth then whats wrong with taking a 2nd or 3rd for him and letting someone else be a depth guy.

I don't see him in the pressbox during the playoffs. I see this healthy scratch as just a message being sent (and to give Gologoski a game as he's been sitting for a while).

I didn't mean to say that he is just a "depth blueliner", but moving him would really hamper the Wild's depth for the playoffs, unless they get a comparible player on an expiring contract at the TDL.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I heard Tampa wants him but I'd rather him in Minny. He really is someone most teams could find a use for. It will be interesting to see how high the bid goes. Could he he get a 1rst?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I heard Tampa wants him but I'd rather him in Minny. He really is someone most teams could find a use for. It will be interesting to see how high the bid goes. Could he he get a 1rst?

If he could fetch a 1st, I would be all for it. I'm skeptical that would be the case, though.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
If he could fetch a 1st, I would be all for it. I'm skeptical that would be the case, though.

I think he was talking about Schenn. I dont see how Tampa can fit in a 6mil player in Dumba.

Are you talking about Schenn or Dumba.

IF its Schenn, there is definitely a lot of interest, i dont think there is any chance he gets a 1st in a deep draft though, crazier things have happened.

Schenn has really evolved his game and found a 2nd life in his career. He is definitely a player you want and count on in a 7 game series.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I think he was talking about Schenn. I dont see how Tampa can fit in a 6mil player in Dumba.

Are you talking about Schenn or Dumba.

IF its Schenn, there is definitely a lot of interest, i dont think there is any chance he gets a 1st in a deep draft though, crazier things have happened.

Schenn has really evolved his game and found a 2nd life in his career. He is definitely a player you want and count on in a 7 game series.
Schenn.

Reactions: UrbanImpact

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Guerin loves big physical guys that aren’t good

I'm not too familiar with Minny's prospect pool.

Can any Minny fans name me players in their system that are u24 that would have similar value as a 2nd or 3rd pick in a trade,

Lambos is the only guy i can think of

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022

Can any Minny fans name me players in their system that are u24 that would have similar value as a 2nd or 3rd pick in a trade,

Lambos , our 1st round pick, top d prospect isn't getting traded for rental. Plus with all due respect, there hasn't been any year a prospect has been traded because our gm stated quite a number of times, he's not trading prospects for rentals.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Lambos , our 1st round pick, top d prospect isn't getting traded for rental. Plus with all due respect, there hasn't been any year a prospect has been traded because our gm stated quite a number of times, he's not trading prospects for rentals.

Russo is the one reporting that Guerrin wants Schenn badly. so if thats the case, what would they be trading for him. a 2nd? maybe, but our POHO said he wants u24 young players with potential.

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Russo is the one reporting that Guerrin wants Schenn badly. so if thats the case, what would they be trading for him. a 2nd? maybe, but our POHO said he wants u24 young players with potential.
Doesn't matter what your gm wants. Same thing with JT Miller. Wild aren't paying anything for a d unless they trade dumba. Schenn isn't getting a 1st round pick or top prospects. If your expecting anything more, then you will be disappointed. At best he gets 2nd round pick and nothing prospect

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Kuzmenko + Schenn would be a great fit for MN,

Greenway and Lambos, O’Rourke, Hunt or Peart make the most sense if Vancouver doesn’t want to try and flip or extend Dumba.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Guys that have 2nd/3rd round value in my opinion are: Beckman, Firstov, Peart, Hunt (high 2nd round), Petrovsky, Spacek, Lorenz, Haight

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
As a canucks fan, that is a resounding yes. My opinion might be biased

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Greenway

Lambos has more value, you're not getting any of the big name D prospects for Schenn

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Guys that have 2nd/3rd round value in my opinion are: Beckman, Firstov, Peart, Hunt (high 2nd round), Petrovsky, Spacek, Lorenz, Haight

I can't see any of these guys getting traded for a bottom pairing rental. Picks maybe, Greenway maybe. I don't think Guerin's traded his prospects in his time here, and he's on record as saying he doesn't believe in trading good future pieces for rentals. I think the most valuable piece he's moved is the 2nd that was a conditional 1st for Fleury, and he wanted to extend Fleury.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Lambos isn’t valued at a 2nd or 3rd round pick. He’s at around a mid to late 1st value. I think he’s the long term solution at 2LD with Faber at 2RD.

I can't see any of these guys getting traded for a bottom pairing rental. Picks maybe, Greenway maybe. I don't think Guerin's traded his prospects in his time here, and he's on record as saying he doesn't believe in trading good future pieces for rentals. I think the most valuable piece he's moved is the 2nd that was a conditional 1st for Fleury, and he wanted to extend Fleury.
I don’t get this at all unless it’s like a 3rd+5th kind of deal. I don’t want to swap Greenway for him. 2nd round pick is meh. Rather have the pick for this draft.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Russo leaked this info a couple of days ago, and now Dumba is a healthy scratch in Minny today. Might Dumba be on the way out and Schenn on the way in for Minny. Not saying its a trade between Van and Minny just that both these players are likely to be on the move very soon.

I thought Russo was a shitty source and just posted click bait? That was your opinion on his last rumour when it was not so favourable for the Canucks. Talk about mental gymnastics LOL.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don’t get this at all unless it’s like a 3rd+5th kind of deal. I don’t want to swap Greenway for him. 2nd round pick is meh. Rather have the pick for this draft.

Yeah I mean I don't get most of what Guerin does, I don't think it's a lack of bottom of the lineup tough guys that's keeping us from winning, but that's all Guerin seems interested in so here we go again.

Picks and prospects are gonna be much more valuable when our window is actually open.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
A de-facto Dumba for Schenn swap makes sense if Schenn is tied to a small extension. Spurgeon and Addison would be the top-2 RHDs and Schenn can slot in as a good 3rd-pair guy in the short-term. From a cap management perspective, it's not a bad idea at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad