GDT: Russia - Canada

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
This team went 0-3 to start the tournament with losses to Latvia and Germany lol
Now in the SFs with two more games guaranteed.

Reactions: BlitzSnipe

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
If I had to blame someone on the Russian squad, it would be Tarasenko. Unfortunately. As much as I like the guy, but today he just wasn't an asset.

wacko2

Dec 28, 2019
various
Russia fans have already started spewing hatred on everything, Bragin, the SKA system, Rotenberg, etc.
Start with the players, they got beaten and deservedly so. Canadians mock them as if this was a great team they beat, it was not and the anti Russian slamming was earned by the players

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
Russia fans have already started spewing hatred on everything, Bragin, the SKA system, Rotenberg, etc.
I know the frustration. It was like that when Canada started 0-3 and that people started questioning the team like who should or shouldn't be on the team, Roberto Luongo being the GM of the team, and Gerard Gallant's coaching etc...

Reactions: Czechboy

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Like. Wow? One of the ... uh ... least heralded rosters Canada has sent since the 1970s and they'll play for a medal? No matter what happens going forward, these guys deserve a damn parade.
They should probably hold a parade for the Norwegian team instead for beating Kazakhstan in regulation or for the German team for beating Latvia in regulation. Alternatively, for the Kazakhstani team for failing massively when it counts.

Reactions: wacko2

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
Normally I don't pay any attention to the WHC until the medal games providing Canada qualifies. For some strange reason the 0-3 embarassing start has gotten me more invested in this Canadian team than any other WHC ever.

Reactions: Stubu and L13

HugeMetalFan

Jul 30, 2015
Yes I did, and I still think he is fairly confident Finland is going through with almost 100% confidence, perhaps he's not.
He meant that even if the Germans win, there will be Finns (coaches of team Germany) in the final.

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Gerard Gallant and squeezing every last ounce of talent out of ragtag underdog teams, name a better duo.

Reactions: Stubu

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Just watched that play by Stecher again, man, what a beauty. Play of the tournament, you won't see better then that this tournament.

All skill and finesse.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Well, Im not, but it was the first game of the tournament I watched because Russia Canada. Didn't look like this was going to be a good year for Canada in this tournament, but Canadians always get up for the Russia game, So we will see if this continues going forward. Nice game for the Russians too.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It'll be a close Canada win or a blowout win for ROC IMO.

200.gif

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
In hindsight that when Russia added several NHL players to their roster the tournament could only end in disappointment.

Reactions: BlitzSnipe

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Have to say I am thoroughly impressed with this Canadian team, never thought I’d say that after their 0-3 start, yet here they are limping into the SF.

Weird feeling seeing Canada as the underdog lol.

Reactions: FlashyG and jj cale

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Start with the players, they got beaten and deservedly so. Canadians mock them as if this was a great team they beat, it was not and the anti Russian slamming was earned by the players

I think it's more about the player choices and the whole 'SKA' problem.

Reactions: wacko2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad