GDT: Russia - Canada

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Thank you Canada! Finland gets Germany! All the German coaches are from Finland, so we are in the final any way it goes... :D

Great99

Apr 12, 2016
Well, that was skill.........................wow, what a play, just beautiful.

It was , Here in Europe tv talked about Canada bring a weak roster, but they also said, Canada have a hockey Heart , they will die when it counts, then they get that extra room in 3 vs 3 they show how much skill they have, most was thinking that would be a russian advantage

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Not bad, hope we'll never see Bragin any close to Team Russia. I can't stand his teams anymore, even when they win. Now there is a hope, our Olympics team will be watchable.

Russia's abysmal vs. Canada. They ALWAYS find a nifty way to screw up.

Reactions: 24 others

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
It was , Here in Europe tv talked about Canada bring a weak roster, but they also said, Canada have a hockey Heart , they will die when it counts, then they get that extra room in 3 vs 3 they show how much skill they have, most was thinking that would be a russian advantage

Canada seems to play their best hockey vs. Russia, or Russia their sh*ttiest vs. Canada.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Rotenberg should re-brand Russia as "Red village bicycle". What a shameful performance.

Reactions: YVG

karlstegger

May 15, 2016
Denmark
Canada was nastier and more opportunistic, not cute. Russians always try to get really cute vs. Canada but that doesn't work.

However, I think the 3 on 3 format is total bullsh*t and should be removed. It's not the way hockey is played and it doesn't reflect which team is better imo.

Totally agreed, I really dislike the 3 on 3.

Reactions: BlitzSnipe

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Congrats Canadians. I didn't believe in you. Too bad they overlapped FIN-CZE with this interesting game.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Meh...Troy Stecher makes plays like that night in and night out with the Wings, nothing spectacular here....:sarcasm:

That was insane, unreal dangles. Solid play by Mangiapane as well. Mangiapane is ridiculous. He's gonna put up 60+ points in the NHL, maybe as soon as next year.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I wouldn't be so sure of that, Germany is capable of winning that game.

They are yes, but like 1/10 games. Usually Finland has Russias number even if they have their A-team, but if I have to choose, I take Germany every time.

ottawarenegader613

May 27, 2016
Gord Miller sounded like that announcer from the Rocky IV movie once Mangiapane scored the OT winner similar to how Rocky knocked out Ivan Drago.

Reactions: Great99

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Russia fans have already started spewing hatred on everything, Bragin, the SKA system, Rotenberg, etc.

Reactions: wacko2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad