WJC: Russia 2019 Roster Talk | Mod Note in OP

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I wouldn’t call him a lock, but he should make it.

He is having a solid season, he is playing meaningful minutes on a loaded team. That’s not common in KHL.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Everything is a slight against Russia for you eh? lol. Just quit it man, there's no conspiracy, there's no best development road for players (players are individuals). Seems like every time you can you blast the CHL or Canada or America. The injury was just unlucky.
It's YOU again seeing what YOU want to see. You are twisting my posts the way they fit YOUR imaginaton. I can't really help you.

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
First practice in Canada. Kostin and Alexeev still not here, will come to camp soon. Podkolzin is invited.
Lines at practice:
Kochetkov, Miftakhov, Tarasov
Zhuravlyov-Olshansky, Starkov-Shen-Yaremchuk
Valitov-Rubinchik, Muranov-Galimov-Slepets
Romanov - Il. Morozov, Denisenko-Kravtsov-Kovalenko
Kalabushkin-Volkov, Marchenko-Iv.Morozov-Nikolaev
Samorukov,Chekhovich-Khovanov-Shashkov

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
First practice in Canada. Kostin and Alexeev still not here, will come to camp soon. Podkolzin is invited.
Lines at practice:

Khovanov probably not going to make it?

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Lines at practice:
I have no idea what i'm reading. Such a mess.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I have no idea what i'm reading. Such a mess.
You would think someone named “The Crypto Guy” would be able to sort out that puzzle. :laugh:

Let me decrypt it for you; the top line is the goalies. They should put up good offensive numbers playing on a line together! As for the rest, keep in mind the Russians play in five man units. The two guys on the left are the D, and the other three are the forwards.

Reactions: zxc55555

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
You would think someone named “The Crypto Guy” would be able to sort out that puzzle. :laugh:

Let me decrypt it for you; the top line is the goalies. They should put up good offensive numbers playing on a line together! As for the rest, keep in mind the Russians play in five man units. The two guys on the left are the D, and the other three are the forwards.

Probably would have been a lot better if he wrote the lines out like a normal person.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Probably would have been a lot better if he wrote the lines out like a normal person.
Why do North Americans always assume their way is the norm somehow? To us the NA system isn't the norm and we reserve the right to write about our NT is the way that is normal to us, i.e. five man units.

Last edited by a moderator:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Why do North Americans always assume their way is the norm somehow? To us the NA system isn't the norm and we reserve the right to write about our NT is the way that is normal to us, i.e. five man units.

Yes but even then it was extremely poorly written. You can't make heads or tails of it.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Yes but even then it was extremely poorly written. You can't make heads or tails of it.
I can. Might be unusual to someone not from Russia, but we learn other peoples' habits to understand them too. Look, for example the clock ticking down and not up during games was completely unusual to us and you got confused all the time watching NHL games, but it's what's usual in NA. We have to learn it too.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don

I understand it's not what you're familiar with, but it's not difficult to understand for any knowledgeable hockey person who puts forth an effort into analyzing it.
3 players linked together = forwards! 2 players linked together = dmen!

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I understand it's uncommon where you're from, but it's not difficult to understand for any knowledgeable hockey person who puts forth an effort into analyzing it.
3 players linked together = forwards! 2 players linked together = dmen!

It's not clearly separated, I think both of you are misunderstanding what I'm saying.

zzz (goalies)
xx, yyy (Line 1)
xx, yyy (Line 2)
xx, yyy (Line 3)
xx, yyy (Line 4)

Is not difficult to understand. His post was unclear because the spacing and differentiation between lines and pairs was unclear.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Count me in with the Russians on this one (Insert Trump joke here). Even if you couldn’t puzzle out what that lineup meant, the fact that you didn’t know about the Russian five man units shows that there is a hole in your hockey knowledge.

The Green Unit must be turning over in their graves right now. Okay, maybe just Krutov. The rest are alive and well.

Reactions: ginomini

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

I'm fairly certain that no regional standard has inconsistent use of commas and hyphens from group to group. And most times lines are listed, there is proper formatting between groups.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad