WJC: Russia 2019 Roster Talk | Mod Note in OP

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Any have any info of Pavel Shen? Will he make the team and what is his skill set?
He's a lock. Partially due to very poor center depth. Him wearing the C in the CIBC Series speaks volumes about his other qualities than pure point production though.

He is not going to be a superstar. He is a hard worker with the right attitude though.

Last edited:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Why is Kirill Maximov not on this team?

This guy:
Kirill Maximov at eliteprospects.com

He is 19...that would make him eligible no?

I wouldnt have minded a camp invite for Maximov; but he’s clearly behind Kravtsov, Kostin, Chekhovich, Starkov and Kovalenko for a top 6 winger role. And he’s currently not as good as Denisenko who is on the bubble. There’s also Yaremchuk who has chemistry with Shen. It didnt help he was mediocre in the subway series and he cant be used in a defensive role either.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
And despite previously stated Bragin has changed his mind and is trying Kravtsov at center.

Was expected I know @Caser r and I were kind of debating that. They needed to get one of Kravtsov or Kostin down the middle. Wouldn't be surprised if they play together.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Was expected I know @Caser r and I were kind of debating that. They needed to get one of Kravtsov or Kostin down the middle. Wouldn't be surprised if they play together.

I actually think that when Bragin was stating that he sees Kravtsov at wing, he was still hoping that Anokhovskiy would return in time.

Still I'm a bit worried about that idea. I mean, at the 4 Nations it was actually working only in a run-and-gun game Vs. Czech Republic, in a more structured game Vs. Sweden it didn't look extremely good.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
I actually think that when Bragin was stating that he sees Kravtsov at wing, he was still hoping that Anokhovskiy would return in time.

Still I'm a bit worried about that idea. I mean, at the 4 Nations it was actually working only in a run-and-gun game Vs. Czech Republic, in a more structured game Vs. Sweden it didn't look extremely good.

I agree, not ideal, but now's the time to figure it out. It's like Keller and Domi getting moved to the NHL this year in the NHL. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But you gotta try it to try and fill a hole on your roster and right now there is a major hole down the middle.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I doubt he'll be a center in the NHL, but this is a junior competition. If Russia wants to have a better chance of winning, they should use him as their 1C. He might lose some extra face-offs, but does it really matter? Why would you rather have mediocre top 9 centers with scoring wingers? You are going to hurt their offense.

Russia's forward lineup should be this

Denisenko-Kravtsov-Kovalenko
Marchenko-Morozov-Kostin
Chekhovich-Shen-Starkov
Yaremchuk-Khovanov-Muranov
Nikolayev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad