WJC: Russia 2019 Roster Talk | Mod Note in OP

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I will say from me, not wanting to sidetrack this discussion on the roster to the formatting of the lines too much, that on first glance, it's confusing as heck, probably simply because I've never seen it before for one. I do not know alot about russia, but I imagine it with the punctuation used it would be more confusing if someone with a hyphened last name was on the roster ie Eakman-Larsson. Though honestly I don't even know if that's really happens in Russia.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I'm surprised Maksimov didn't make it.

Also, where does Samorukov fit on Russia's d-core?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I'm surprised Maksimov didn't make it.

Also, where does Samorukov fit on Russia's d-core?
Regarding Maximov you fall into the usual trap. People tend to overvalue players they know well. He is just not that good compared to other candidates. He is at least not clearly above others to beat them out regardless of the team needs and the coaches are also looking for some chemistry and covering all those needs.

Samorukov is probably penciled in to play with Alexeev who is not at camp yet. For the record I expected more of him back in the day when he was a U18. I can only hope he has a good tournament. This team needs good defencemen in all three zones.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
MOD NOTE: We are here to discuss the Russian Team Roster. There will be no attacking other posters over how they format lines. Talk hockey and the Russian Team and do it civilly.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Don’t know much about the players trying out, but I sure hope khovanov makes the team. It would be smart to give him some time, even if it’s on the 4th line, because he could be an asset next year for the team.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Lol, why will Bragin cut a player, who has a regular KHL spot? He'd sooner cut a CHLer, than a KHLer.

Bragin will take the best players regardless of where they play. He chose CHLer Chekhovich over Shafigullin who, next to Kravtsov, has the most KHL games under his belt for this year for any u20 russian forward.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Bragin will take the best players regardless of where they play. He chose CHLer Chekhovich over Shafigullin who, next to Kravtsov, has the most KHL games under his belt for this year for any u20 russian forward.

Shafigullin's TOI in the KHL isn't great, to say the least, and he hasn't scored a single point this season yet. Kovalenko has already scored 4+1 in 24 games.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Podkolzin has taken Slepets' place in the last practice, so it was Muranov-Galimov-Podkolzin.

I am happy to see Podkolzin there and getting a shot, but I definitely think that Slepets should be in the lineup skating a regular shift. He is always dangerous and a natural goal scorer.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Kravtsov centering Denisenko and Kovalenko, as the captain of the team, as expected. I am very excited about Russia this tournament and can't wait to see them in Vancouver next week

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
I did not watch the game, but based on the stats, it looked like an unimpressive performance against Sweden in the pre-tournament match. The Russian team only generated 18 shots, while giving up 36. That would suggest that Bragin decided not to adopt (U18) Coach Filatov's high pressure defensive scheme. It is still a week away from the official start, but that effort did nothing to raise hopes.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Yeaaa, I don’t know.

Nonsense. Give me one CHLer that deserves to be on the roster that isn't.
Perhaps Maximov, but he's only good enough for the offensive role on the 4th line that can adequately be filled by Slepets or Podkolzin.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
I did not watch the game, but based on the stats, it looked like an unimpressive performance against Sweden in the pre-tournament match. The Russian team only generated 18 shots, while giving up 36. That would suggest that Bragin decided not to adopt (U18) Coach Filatov's high pressure defensive scheme. It is still a week away from the official start, but that effort did nothing to raise hopes.

I was at the game and watched it from the third row. I went to watch Pavel Shen who some scouts say another coming of Malkin?

Russia looked slow and disinterested and was clearly outskated by the Swedes. The third period was all Sweden. The start of the game shots were 11-0 Sweden as they totally skated circles around the Russians.

There were a few bright spots for the Russians as Morozov was their best skater.

Shen did not play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad