When Keith and Rozy are both back, I hope to see something like:

Keith Seabrook
Hammer TVR
Daley Gustafsson
Rozy/Svedberg

Rundblad can go to Rockford

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
We don't have the cap space to carry 8 D men FYI. I assume they keep Roz on IR till he is really ready and it would not be a bad idea to have him do a 14 day conditioning rehab in Rockford.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I don't think that is correct. We had $750K carried over from last year which you subtract from 71.4 our cap hit is 70.65.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
In terms of any of our young rookies like Svedberg, TVR, and gustaffson: if any of them are considered an "odd-man-out", I would think they should go to Rockford for playing time.

If the 'hawks are going to run 8 D, IMHO the 7 and 8 should be Runblad and Rosival. If one of Rosie or Runblad is going to be playing in the lineup, send the rookie down.

IMHO both Rosie and Runblad won't be playing in the lineup. There are too many above Runblad on the depth chart and likely Rosie as well.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
In terms of any of our young rookies like Svedberg, TVR, and gustaffson: if any of them are considered an "odd-man-out", I would think they should go to Rockford for playing time.

If the 'hawks are going to run 8 D, IMHO the 7 and 8 should be Runblad and Rosival. If one of Rosie or Runblad is going to be playing in the lineup, send the rookie down.

IMHO both Rosie and Runblad won't be playing in the lineup. There are too many above Runblad on the depth chart and likely Rosie as well.

I'm fine with this.

Gus has looked good in the offensive zone, not so much in the Dzone.

Svedberg has looked bad almost everywhere.

Either one of them could benefit at least somewhat from some big minutes in Rockford.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
that ranking isn't bad but also isn't hard to do.

Gustafsson should be #7D with Svedberg and Rundblad not on the roster... in an ideal world.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Gus has played 5 games of NHL north American hockey and has 2 assists an is a +4. I think he looks like he belongs.

Kruger and Des are no points and -7 in 15 games. That is brutal. Hammer 2 assists and -6 in 15 games. Those are some of the guys that have underachieved.

One of the best pure D men in hockey and the best 4th line in hockey. That is where you should be concerned with play not Sved, Garbutt or Gus.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs

+1

Gus has played 5 games of NHL north American hockey and has 2 assists an is a +4. I think he looks like he belongs.

Kruger and Des are no points and -7 in 15 games. That is brutal. Hammer 2 assists and -6 in 15 games. Those are some of the guys that have underachieved.

One of the best pure D men in hockey and the best 4th line in hockey. That is where you should be concerned with play not Sved, Garbutt or Gus.

+infinity

Gus looks better than Svedberg (with an admittedly very small sample size). Svedberg back to Rockford, where he can play big minutes. Of course, all this is subject to change

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
+1

+infinity

Gus looks better than Svedberg (with an admittedly very small sample size). Svedberg back to Rockford, where he can play big minutes. Of course, all this is subject to change

IMHO the D should stay as-is until Keith comes back. Svedberg might be in a lull but he hasn't been as bad defensively over as many games as Daley or Runblad as-yet (Hjammer's bad game seems more like an outlier) Once Rosie comes back, the 'hawks need to evaluate Rosie--after all Rosie was Andrei Zyuzin-level worthless for all of 2014 and all but the Minny series of 2015 (and that was because Keith was carrying his carcass). If Rosie looks better than any of the rookies than yes, send the odd-man out down for playing time.

Once Keith comes back again, reevaluate who the odd-man out is and if it's a rookie, send them down for playing time. If it's Rosie it's not necessary.

Still, as the rookies go I think TVR and Gustaffson have looked better than Svedberg, and all three have looked better than Runblad.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
IMHO the D should stay as-is until Keith comes back. Svedberg might be in a lull but he hasn't been as bad defensively over as many games as Daley or Runblad as-yet (Hjammer's bad game seems more like an outlier) Once Rosie comes back, the 'hawks need to evaluate Rosie--after all Rosie was Andrei Zyuzin-level worthless for all of 2014 and all but the Minny series of 2015 (and that was because Keith was carrying his carcass). If Rosie looks better than any of the rookies than yes, send the odd-man out down for playing time.

Once Keith comes back again, reevaluate who the odd-man out is and if it's a rookie, send them down for playing time. If it's Rosie it's not necessary.

Still, as the rookies go I think TVR and Gustaffson have looked better than Svedberg, and all three have looked better than Runblad.

I think Rosie will be back first so I'd rather give him a role with his 1st time on the ice to see what he'll do then instead of waiting until you have the 9 Dmen on the roster logjam with him and Keith back.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I think Rosie will be back first so I'd rather give him a role with his 1st time on the ice to see what he'll do then instead of waiting until you have the 9 Dmen on the roster logjam with him and Keith back.
That's basically what I meant. When Rosie comes back see if he's viable as something or if he's still Jassen Cullimore-worthless.

All I meant was as soon as Rosie comes back don't send youth down immediately because Rosie might still suck. Until Rosie proves viable without Keith carrying his corpse Svedberg might still be the best option in terms of rookies iced now.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Looking forward to the inevitable Keith-Roszival first pairing

cry-crying-crying-gif-crying-gif-tumblr-crying+gif-TVD-the-vampire-diaries-damon-elena-delena-elena-gilbert-damon-salvatore-Dex.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad