Rundblad

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
In Timmonen's defense - in his day, he was one of the most exciting defensive players to watch.

Like so many athletes, he hung around too long presenting a shadow of his former self.

I honestly don't blame him. It really isn't his fault. He's a 40 year old guy who hasn't played all year skating against guys almost 20 years younger than him.

I also don't blame Q. He didn't really have a choice after the Rosi and TVR (second) injuries.

Who gets the blame is Stan. He took a chance on a guy based on his reputation and history. He missed.

I could understand the trade and what he gave up if Timmonen had been playing all year and had been showing something. What's baffling is that the trade was made - for a 40 year old who looks out of shape - when said 40 year old hadn't played a minute of hockey all season.

Last edited:

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
I could understand the trade and what he gave up if Timmonen had been playing all year and had been showing something. What's baffling is that the trade was made - for a 40 year old who looks out of shape - when said 40 year old hadn't played a minute of hockey all season.

That's the part I don't understand. Sure looks like Hexy fleeced him there.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
At this point there is no defending him occupying a roster spot on Chicago Blackhawks

He is an absolute joke out on ice and its time for Stanley to admit he screwed up

Put him on waivers already

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
That's the part I don't understand. Sure looks like Hexy fleeced him there.

KT wasn't what Stan was hoping to acquire, but he still ended up as a contributor to our 3rd SC in 6 years.

At this point there is no defending him occupying a roster spot on Chicago Blackhawks

He is an absolute joke out on ice and its time for Stanley to admit he screwed up

Put him on waivers already

Hard to argue with you. How can Erik possibly be worse? - I reckon he gets the nod tonight.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Hope so, they just need Rundblad and Daley to not be a pair, whatever that takes. Daley can be a solid contributor to this team, as he was when paired with TVR.

I can't wait for Keith to come back.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
If Rundblad wants to play hockey he should come home. Just say f**k off to Q and the Blackhawks and return home instead of sitting in the stands every second game. Get a new beginning in his career.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
If Rundblad wants to play hockey he should come home. Just say f**k off to Q and the Blackhawks and return home instead of sitting in the stands every second game. Get a new beginning in his career.

He has no career

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
He has no career

He's making 7 figures a year for the next 2 years, and was making 6 figures a year for several years before that.

Odds are his career has been more lucrative to date than any of us. :laugh:

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
He's making 7 figures a year for the next 2 years, and was making 6 figures a year for several years before that.

Odds are his career has been more lucrative to date than any of us. :laugh:

Fair enough

He still sux

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Oh man if only Hawk fans were this lucky

Instead he will continue to steal $$$ from Rocky and waste a roster spot on Hawks

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago

The Hawks should have told him to **** off. How many damn beginnings/new teams does he need? All that talent but he can't do anything with it. His hockey sense is terrible.

Re-signing him was a mistake.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I agree. It should be a mutual decision for he and the Hawks for Rundblad to go back to his roots. He has demonstrated that he cannot elevate his game to the NHL level. That much is obvious.

jls24

Apr 30, 2013
I've been a Rundblad supporter and want to see him succeed, but there is something that struck me the other day and really bothers me about him. I don't know how a professional athlete can go through off season after off season and come into every new season no bigger, stronger, faster, ect. I would really have to question his dedication and desire to get better. He has a great skillset, just seems to lack fire to me personally.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I've been a Rundblad supporter and want to see him succeed, but there is something that struck me the other day and really bothers me about him. I don't know how a professional athlete can go through off season after off season and come into every new season no bigger, stronger, faster, ect. I would really have to question his dedication and desire to get better. He has a great skillset, just seems to lack fire to me personally.

What skillset does he have?

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008

What skillset does he have?

On the goal where he had an awful pinch, the one camera angle showing him on the backcheck was hilarious.

He has absolutely ZERO knee bend and then he shows his frustration on his sleeve. Runflat is a loser, hasn't been able to cut it anywhere despite his umpteen chances.

Let's just move on from this guy.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Stan's fascination with this guy has been a head-scratcher from the beginning. From giving up a 2nd, to resigning him for two more years, none of it makes sense.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Stan's fascination with this guy has been a head-scratcher from the beginning. From giving up a 2nd, to resigning him for two more years, none of it makes sense.

His fascination is the same that many other teams had. This guys was first round pick for a reason, he has talent. Lets not act like he was a UHL player who no one has heard of. He did not work out and develop so it is time to move on. His lack of development is on him and him alone.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
His fascination is the same that many other teams had. This guys was first round pick for a reason, he has talent. Lets not act like he was a UHL player who no one has heard of. He did not work out and develop so it is time to move on. His lack of development is on him and him alone.

The point is that the fascination should have worn off before he was a Hawk.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The point is that the fascination should have worn off before he was a Hawk.

We all know that does not happen. Pavel Brendl and Nikita Filatov are similar cases where the talent gets them repeated looks. There are a lot of players that are this way and get looks based on past ideas.

hawksrule

May 18, 2014
We all know that does not happen. Pavel Brendl and Nikita Filatov are similar cases where the talent gets them repeated looks. There are a lot of players that are this way and get looks based on past ideas.

You're comflating multiple issues. Giving him a look would have been fine if we had traded a 5th for him. He wasn't worth a 2nd at the time of the trade. And we had a good look before the nonsensical two year extension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad