Rundblad

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Rundblad has had his orientation.
If Oduya is traded, he is likely going to get enough ice time to see his worth. I reckon his future with Hawks will be determined well before Christmas, one way or the other. He certainly has an uphill battle ahead of him.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I have no idea what Rundblad is doing in this roster. He has potential but at this point I'd say he's one of Stan's only blunders in the last 2-3 years.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I have no idea what Rundblad is doing in this roster. He has potential but at this point I'd say he's one of Stan's only blunders in the last 2-3 years.

Really? Over one of his 15 2nd round picks? It was worth a shot to say the least. I like the trade even if he bombs.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Really? Over one of his 15 2nd round picks? It was worth a shot to say the least. I like the trade even if he bombs.

I don't like this trade either. The Runblad trade reminded me of the Gaines Adams trade tbh. Stupid from the get-go. And no, I'm not talking about him passing away. It was a wasted trade before that happened.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
I don't like this trade either. The Runblad trade reminded me of the Gaines Adams trade tbh. Stupid from the get-go. And no, I'm not talking about him passing away. It was a wasted trade before that happened.

New England used that pick on gronkowski, fwiw

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
He's on the team... Otherwise they lose him on waivers as he's in the same spot as Ryan Stanton was.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
This is the type of guy that can make a lot of people look stupid. I wouldn't write him off at all. It's a question of drive with him, but the situation is perfect here. I like his chances a lot.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
I think he has a better chance of working out here than anywhere else.

But that doesn't mean it's a great chance.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I still don't see a problem with the trade. I consider the Hawks blueline to be among the best in the league as a group but they are generally below average in terms of shooting in my opinion. It's a real weak area. He has a large frame, decent reach, a very good right handed shot and addresses some of the needs for overall depth at the blueline.

I wish I knew if he'll put it together, but I'm not going to worry about trading a pick outside of the top 50 about it. He'll be nice a cheap for a while too, and I would rather see him play in the postseason than a rookie as it stands right now.

If he busts, it will go down as a waste and a loss for Bowman, but I don't think too much should be made of losing a late 2nd over it.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
If they end up trading Leddy or Oduya, I'd like to see what Rundblad can do with someone like Dahlbeck, and just use Rozsival as the 7 unless Rundblad blows. But I think he'll look better this season.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'd imagine him getting a training camp with the Hawks and learning from Keith, Seabrook, and Hjalmarsson will be really helpful as well

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Depends on the answer to the Rosival question:

If Rosie is traded, waived, or buried, Runblad will be slotted #6.

If Rosie is retained, Runblad will be slotted #7.

Runblad at this point can't be waived and his salary won't make much of a dent in the preseason cap overage.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
He's going to get Qed. Didn't play well and Q tends to hang on to first impressions on youngsters.

Hawknut 1

Jul 26, 2014
Trying to figure out what trade was worse. (2) second round picks for Oduya or a 2nd round pick for Rundblad. The Rundblad trade is just another example of a G.M ripping off Bowman.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Trying to figure out what trade was worse. (2) second round picks for Oduya or a 2nd round pick for Rundblad. The Rundblad trade is just another example of a G.M ripping off Bowman.

The Oduya trade directly lead us to win a Stanley Cup. GREAT TRADE. You don't know what you're talking about. I'd challenge you to say ONE positive thing you think Stan has done, just one.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Oduya trade was 2nd & 3rd
Oduya helped us win a Cup. Much more than that 2nd & 3rd has ever done for us

Easy decision to say that trade was good for us.

Jury is still out for Rundblad. Try again.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Trying to figure out what trade was worse. (2) second round picks for Oduya or a 2nd round pick for Rundblad.

OMG you are a nut.

Oduya and Jammer were Chicago's #1 shut down pairing.

Yet you don't see any value in that?

Oduya could be moved today for more than Bowman gave up to obtain him, considering the cheap contract he's signed to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad