Rundblad

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Drafted 17th on 2009 by St Louis, then traded to ottowa who took Taresnenko with the pick, then ottowa traded him to Coyotes for Kyle Turris and then Arizona Traded him For the pick that turned out to be Christian Dvorak who in his 1st season in 41 Goals and 68 AS in 66 games for London knights in OHL and this year has 19 points in 11 Games.

has any bust player brought back a bigger return then runblad? I will say the buck stops in Chicago.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Drafted 17th on 2009 by St Louis, then traded to ottowa who took Taresnenko with the pick, then ottowa traded him to Coyotes for Kyle Turris and then Arizona Traded him For the pick that turned out to be Christian Dvorak who in his 1st season in 41 Goals and 68 AS in 66 games for London knights in OHL and this year has 19 points in 11 Games.

has any bust player brought back a bigger return then runblad? I will say the buck stops in Chicago.

WOW. No kidding.

Maybe that's why Stan keeps hanging on: "He simply must be better than he has shown!" No Stan, he isn't.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Other GM's were smart enough not to play him. Stan forced him on the ice and now we go from giving up a 2nd to hoping he gets claimed and we save the $100K for having him in Rockford. Made no sense if he could not get off the bench for a bad AZ team why do you give up a 2nd at the trade deadline for a prospect.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW

Karpotsev and Matt Ellison come to mind.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Other GM's were smart enough not to play him. Stan forced him on the ice and now we go from giving up a 2nd to hoping he gets claimed and we save the $100K for having him in Rockford. Made no sense if he could not get off the bench for a bad AZ team why do you give up a 2nd at the trade deadline for a prospect.

Does Q seem like the type that would bow to GM pressure to play somebody?

Come on.

I agree that Stan has placed greater value on Rundblad than he deserves. I also think that Q, for his part, has put players ahead of Rundblad that he probably shouldn't have, and that didn't help his comfort with the system or his teammates. He got no time during the 2nd half of last year's regular season, then was dropped into the playoffs in place of an immobile Rozsival he should have been playing ahead of anyway.

He's still a better depth option than Hejda or Wiz, that's for sure.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
So basically Stan should trade Rundblad for a pick, because that pick will turn out great. Science.

I doubt there is a team out there who will give up a pick for Runlbad and his 2 year contract. I think he should be waived, maybe someone will take him then.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Does Q seem like the type that would bow to GM pressure to play somebody?

Come on.

I agree that Stan has placed greater value on Rundblad than he deserves. I also think that Q, for his part, has put players ahead of Rundblad that he probably shouldn't have, and that didn't help his comfort with the system or his teammates. He got no time during the 2nd half of last year's regular season, then was dropped into the playoffs in place of an immobile Rozsival he should have been playing ahead of anyway.

He's still a better depth option than Hejda or Wiz, that's for sure.

Once TVR got hurt who was he going to play? Roz needs off days sometimes. litterally there were days when they only had 6 D men that could play. That is why Stan had to play him.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Once TVR got hurt who was he going to play? Roz needs off days sometimes. litterally there were days when they only had 6 D men that could play. That is why Stan had to play him.

It's like people forget Erixon was traded for Morin... but all that did was force the hand of Rundblad, who was better than Erixon, to play and not let them test the waters with the AHLers.

ModryJazyk

Go Hawks !
Feb 22, 2010
Bratislava

1.Keith*
2.Hammer
3.Daley
4.Svedberg

1.Seabrook
2.-4.TVR, Gustafsson, Rozsival*
5.Runblad

With Rozsi back soon, Hawks would have scratch two of three TVR, Gustafsson, Rozsival to free up a lineup spot for Runblad.

Last edited:

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
he's not worse than Svedberg and Gustafsson.

I'd like Pokka getting a look or Cumiskey being in the NHL.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014

I call Baloney Sausage ... I'd take both those kids over Runbad ... in fact so does Q because they are playing while runbad is glued to the press box

Even a 1 legged Rozy will jump over Runbad in the depth charts when he is ready

Runbad to rockford

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

I'd like Pokka getting a look or Cumiskey being in the NHL.

Gustaffson's been pretty decent since getting called up. He definitely doesn't deserve to be lumped in with Rundblad and Svedberg.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Gustaffson's been pretty decent since getting called up. He definitely doesn't deserve to be lumped in with Rundblad and Svedberg.

I also like what I see in Gustafson, his instincts and willingness to carry the biscuit being the most impressive attributes.

He pinches a bit too much but I like the instinct of pressing forward as opposed to Sved.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I also like what I see in Gustafson, his instincts and willingness to carry the biscuit being the most impressive attributes.

He pinches a bit too much but I like the instinct of pressing forward as opposed to Sved.

He's a confident player, and that's what stands out for me. Gus just needs to pick his spots to pinch a little better.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Keith
Seabrook
Hjalmarsson
TVR
Daley
Gustafsson
Svedberg
Rundblad

That's how I rank them right now. Have to wait to see Roszival before slotting him ahead of Rundblad, and possibly Svedberg as well.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Keith
Seabrook
Hjalmarsson
TVR
Daley
Gustafsson
Svedberg
Rundblad

That's how I rank them right now. Have to wait to see Roszival before slotting him ahead of Rundblad, and possibly Svedberg as well.

Looks about right. Seabs has been a force offensively since Keith went down, so gets the nod over Hammer. Q needs to keep Seabs on the #1 PP unit. If Rozy is able to come back at 100 percent, I'd slot him between TVR and Daley, but he shouldn't be playing much more than 15 minutes a game. I'll be also keeping an eye on Gus to see if his stock rises. I expect it to. Daley's a difficult case - hopefully he also will get better as he gets more comfortable here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad