Runblad, Cumiskey or pickem(IceHog)?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don't like Paliotta leaving at all. There's something to that.

Is there something to it or are they letting him get prepared for next year? I think you are making something out of nothing. Is he better training and skating working out everyday or is he better waiting around in Chicago? I would argue that they gave him a list of things to work on this summer and told him to be prepared for next year. Why have a kid wait in Chicago spend cash on housing when you know he is not going to play? He now knows what the Hawks are about and what the playoffs are like.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Is there something to it or are they letting him get prepared for next year? I think you are making something out of nothing. Is he better training and skating working out everyday or is he better waiting around in Chicago? I would argue that they gave him a list of things to work on this summer and told him to be prepared for next year. Why have a kid wait in Chicago spend cash on housing when you know he is not going to play? He now knows what the Hawks are about and what the playoffs are like.

I don't think there's anything to it at all.

Kid probably wouldn't have even played this year at all if his contract didn't include at least one game in the NHL to burn off a year of his ELC.

A kid that had not shot of playing was allowed to go home and get a head start on the next season. If anything, I see that drive as a positive.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Why do you figure?

I've never heard of anyone doing that before. He could have worked with the Hawks S&C and practiced with some of the best coaches in individualized workouts while watching and being part of a team 2 rounds away from a Stanley Cup... and he leaves? That's weird.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
I've never heard of anyone doing that before. He could have worked with the Hawks S&C and practiced with some of the best coaches in individualized workouts while watching and being part of a team 2 rounds away from a Stanley Cup... and he leaves? That's weird.

Hard to read into anything. Looks like the Vermont's graduation is this weekend though. Think it's just as likely they let him know he wasn't in the plans this year and to celebrate graduating from college with his family and friends this week.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Hard to read into anything. Looks like the Vermont's graduation is this weekend though. Think it's just as likely they let him know he wasn't in the plans this year and to celebrate graduating from college with his family and friends this week.

That's fair. I've just never heard of anyone going home when the squad is on a cup run.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Swedish chef is going to cook up some series losing turnovers.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
He was no worse than Rozsival during the season, he'll be no worse now.

We only need 13 minutes a night from him and 10 minutes a night from Timmo. The top 4 can handle the rest.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Hope he replaces Timonen minutes and not Roszivals. Have zero confidence in Runbad, and he will be worse than Rozy, just a question of how much worse.

Ilrider

Mar 27, 2012
Chicago Burbs
He was no worse than Rozsival during the season, he'll be no worse now.

We only need 13 minutes a night from him and 10 minutes a night from Timmo. The top 4 can handle the rest.

The first statement is debatable. At least Roszival had a true veteran presence and some grit Runblad lacks. Not saying Roszival was much better, but he was playing well in the playoffs, and Runblad has not played in awhile. There is a good reason Runblad has played 0 minutes in these playoffs to this point.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
The first statement is debatable. At least Roszival had a true veteran presence and some grit Runblad lacks. Not saying Roszival was much better, but he was playing well in the playoffs, and Runblad has not played in awhile. There is a good reason Runblad has played 0 minutes in these playoffs to this point.

Judging by the numbers from this season it is very likely that Rundblad will be similar to Rosi. He will make some plays that we will be impressed with then he will make some dumbass play that we will be pissed about. Rundbland will be fine and we will be fine. I think Rundblad will be able to make the first pass and that will be crucial against the Ducks.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
I don't think Q needed to see any more of the kid in practice or otherwise this season. He's not ready and wasn't going to play again this season. I doubt there's more to it than that.

They have Black Aces all the time when Rockford isn't in the POs that have no chance of playing either. It's probably school related or something but it is a little odd that they would send him home to work out rather than work out with the team.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
maybe we should let them Play before saying he'll suck? He's not going to be a defensiv wizard... but already calling for series losing turnovers?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Johns not getting any games with Hawks was mistake this year

He very well could have been this teams Kravchuk. A rookie who stepped up into big stage and played strong in cup run 1992

Kravchuk was a little older but he had no experience in NA when he came over and stepped into Hawks lineup during 92. That little bit of experience turned out to be of major importance as Igor impressed in playoffs

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I don't really like Rundblad as a player, but I really don't think playing him will be a huge problem. He'll be playing with Keith, and seeing sheltered minutes like always.

It would have been nice to see Johns at some point this season. Not that big of a deal though.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Rundblads head is right. It's the question if his Body and mind can be on the same page. He won't be nervous

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Please Rundblad prove to us that you deserve to be on this team bro. Imo, as long as he does the small things and plays safe he will be fine. Our four big boys will carry the rest of the load.

I wish TVR was available. :cry:

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Who cares? I really dont, this team has way too many D prospects that are almost ready and there just isnt space for them. Johns, TVR, Gustaffson, Pokka, Svedberg. he was just sent home because the truth of the matter is there is Runblad and Cumminsky ahead of him and I think Johns would be ahead of him right now if not Pokka as well. What is the point of keeping rookies around that have no chance of playing? The team is in playoff mode, there should be no extra weight around unless that extra weight has a chance of playing. Worst case scenario he is not really going home but the Hawks dont want him no more, again I am not gonna lose any sleep over it.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I love that there is a good amount of crying before we even played one second. He'll Play 5-10 minutes a game. Hopefully he'll get to Play them while being on the cycle and he helps us with offense.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I thought it was odd about PAlliotta as well. One thing to remember is with playing ANA they are going to be traveling a ton. The coaches are not going to have time to work with him. Also probably behind on Graduation as well and wanted to get that done so he can focus on training this summer. Also the icehog guys are not here, who is he training with? The Staff is focused on the playoffs not getting him ready for next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad