Runblad, Cumiskey or pickem(IceHog)?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
With Rockford down 0-2 I am starting to think that if Rundblad struggles (I don't think he will) they will go right to Johns and skip Cuminsky. I think the reason they did not bring him up is that so he would continue to get playing time and not get rusty. Johns paired with Keith would be interesting.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, that's right too.... forgot about that.

Got a little excited there. :) I like the kid.

I liked his game as well. I think he will end up being a good 3rd/4th liner for us. He seemed to know his role on the team and didn't try to do to much.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Yeah, that's right too.... forgot about that.

Got a little excited there. :) I like the kid.

Yeah, that's why I asked if he got sent home (because he isn't eligible). It would be strange if they sent Paliotta home but not Baun, considering one can play and the other can't.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
Hard to read into anything. Looks like the Vermont's graduation is this weekend though. Think it's just as likely they let him know he wasn't in the plans this year and to celebrate graduating from college with his family and friends this week.

Looks like he went back for graduation.

H a w k s*

May 18, 2012
He was no worse than Rozsival during the season, he'll be no worse now.

We only need 13 minutes a night from him and 10 minutes a night from Timmo. The top 4 can handle the rest.

Disagree, rosival was maybe our best defensemen this year. Runblad was hot garbage. This is a fireable offense for bowman!

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Disagree, rosival was maybe our best defensemen this year. Runblad was hot garbage. This is a fireable offense for bowman!

Disagree all you want about Rundblad, the bolded is absolute nonsense though.

Rozsival was a toxic waste dump inferno this season. He was so bad, that ascending to mere mediocrity in the playoffs was hailed as a miracle.

EDIT:

Sorry, I just woke up. Totally missed the sarcasm. :laugh:

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I'd put Roszival out there with the broken ankle over Rundblad if his performance so far is any indication of what to expect the rest of this series.

Completely overmatched for this stage.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Hope for Johns to get the call.... throw him into the cold water and let him swim. See if he can do it. Rather him than Cumisky

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But didn't Johns get injured last night? Reportedly soft cast on his arm and unavailable to reporters after the game? If so....bummer...if he cannot be used now.

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
But didn't Johns get injured last night? Reportedly soft cast on his arm and unavailable to reporters after the game? If so....bummer...if he cannot be used now.

That is the word, and who do they have left who has played any significant number of games in Rockford ? Dahlbeck is with the yotes, so the next guy would be Svedberg ?

I mean Stanley didn't have the vision on this one, and it could be the Hawks undoing.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002

Fractured arm. 4-6 week recovery.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
I don't think any team has the depth to overcome multiple injuries at one position. Hawks are going to have to roll with a lesser option at D and hope for the best.

BobbleHeadNight*

I don't think any team has the depth to overcome multiple injuries at one position. Hawks are going to have to roll with a lesser option at D and hope for the best.

Yup. We caught the injury break against the B's and Preds, it's biting us now.

Kimmo simply has to play more minutes.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I'd put Roszival out there with the broken ankle over Rundblad if his performance so far is any indication of what to expect the rest of this series.

Completely overmatched for this stage.

Play Roszival for 12 games in 3 months, then 0 games for over a month and see how he would have done.

Rundblad isn't great, but he's fine if he's given the consistent minutes to find himself. When he doesn't get them he's not very good (like a lot of lower level players).

I'm in favor of not playing him (now) but he should have been playing over Roszival the entire season. There was literally no reason, at the time, to play Rosy over him. None. Zero. Zilch.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
What if they roll 7 defenseman, bench Desi. Give Timmo all the D starts and Rundy/Cummer all the O starts. Gotta be someway to get another 5-7 min of icetime from the collective group. They're deep enough at forward to roll 11. Vermy and TT alone could get up to the 16-18min of ice-time. TT especially deserves it.

Keith-Seabrook
Hammer-Oduya
Kimmo-Cumiskey/Rund

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Nah there's no point going with 11 forwards just to play Rundblad

It would be more practical to just give Kimmo 2-3 more minutes and give Cumiskey 10-12. Plus the top 4 can already handle the slight boost in ice time, especially Keith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad