Runblad, Cumiskey or pickem(IceHog)?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
It will be Rundblad because he has played that exact role with Keith of course. And him being the right hand shot on that side will be more at ease. I don't think Cumiskey has much recent experience playing on the Right Side.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
It will be Rundblad because he has played that exact role with Keith of course. And him being the right hand shot on that side will be more at ease. I don't think Cumiskey has much recent experience playing on the Right Side.

I agree with this. Probably going to end up seeing a lot of Hammer/Oduya against the Getzlaf line.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
gimme rundblad...will give up more chances defensivley but will get more offensivley then rozy. hope it evens out and we can afford to play him around 15 min

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I would be a little surprised if it wasn't Cumiskey. He played very similar minutes to Rozsival, whereas Rundblad more closely resembled Timonen.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
It has to be

Rundblad 1st choice
Cumiskey 2nd choice
Ice Hog 3rd Choice

Keith, Seabrook, Hamsandwich, and Little Dab O Do Ya will have nothing in the tank for the next round if those top choices and Timonen dont pan out

Thats an extremely thin 3rd pairing going against a BIG Duck team

Nothingman*

I would be a little surprised if it wasn't Cumiskey. He played very similar minutes to Rozsival, whereas Rundblad more closely resembled Timonen.

That is what I am thinking.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I think Q favors Cumiskey but he may be concerned about his size. I wonder if Stan has any influence here? I imagine he would be in Bladder's corner. One thing certain, the ops will be keying physically on either. Both are suspect in the trenches.

In the back of my mind, I kinda hope Johns is being considered.... though he likely isn't ready, his physicality in limited minutes could prove to be an asset.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I think Q favors Cumiskey but he may be concerned about his size. I wonder if Stan has any influence here? I imagine he would be in Bladder's corner. One thing certain, the ops will be keying physically on either. Both are suspect in the trenches.

I cannot imagine either being deployed in adverse situations. Hopefully they don't get caught in any.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Cuminsky doesn't play on the right side, if I recall. So I don't see how it would be him. I think Runblad gets 1st crack. I don't watch any of the ice hogs so I don't know who it would be after those 2.

mikee*

Cumiskey, assuming he is comfortable at all on the right side, would be my first choice.

Johns would be my second choice. Rundblad third.

Paliotta a distant 4th. I might try Pokka before him.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Cumiskey, assuming he is comfortable at all on the right side, would be my first choice.

Johns would be my second choice. Rundblad third.

Paliotta a distant 4th. I might try Pokka before him.

Agree with this. Cumiskey, Johns then Runblad, in that order. The Hawks need to try to avoid using Rundblad at all costs.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I'm going to echo those who are saying Rundblad. Not that I'm happy with it, but he's the only RD who has any note worthy nhl experience.

Still, I wouldn't be surprised if Q played around with Cumisky as a RD through some practices. See if he can adapt to that position.

We also have Paliotta, but he lacks any sort of experience. He'd need to show a hell of a lot in practice to garner a chance.

Johns is also a possibility (he's been playing phenomenal in Rockford), but it's asking a lot to have the guy play his first NHL game in the WCF.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I could see Runbad getting a chance, being terrible, and then Q putting in Cumiskey the next game. I hope he doesn't though.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Here's how I work this. Play Rundblad. Put Rundblad on PP1, Put Timonen on PP2. Sharp and Richards are the other D on each PP. That buys the top 4, 4-8 mins of rest per game.

Then you steal 2 offensive shifts per period for Rundblad and Timonen with Keith or Seabrook. That should get them each to about 8 minutes. That means there are 104 minutes distributed between the top 4.

Keith 29
Seabrook 24
Oduya 24
Hammer 26.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
I think Timonen can eat up some more minutes. Give Rundbland a shot and if he does badly give Cumiskey a shot. Might need to bring up someone from the Hogs if they both fail, but I don't know how management wants to interfere with how the Hogs are doing in their first playoff run.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I think Timonen can eat up some more minutes. Give Rundbland a shot and if he does badly give Cumiskey a shot. Might need to bring up someone from the Hogs if they both fail, but I don't know how management wants to interfere with how the Hogs are doing in their first playoff run.

If they need to bring up someone from Rockford they won't think twice about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad