Rumours & Trade & Free Agent Discussion 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yep, if anyone has a right to be upset about their usage it's Roslo. He has played like he fits in very nicely with top 6 guys yet up till now he has had to play with scrubs.
If you are a winger on the Jets usage has to be earned, its not like there are many vacancies in the top 6. And now with opportunity Rosie is proving he deserves to move up the lineup. He is far more consistent game to game than he ever has been in the past, good on him.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He's getting prime usage this year. Pretty much ideal, all things considered. He's also risen to the role with consistent effort and smart play.

It'll be interesting to see what happens when/if Little returns. We have a couple of other F's out right now but I don't think their return will affect Rosie.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Nope. If he is injured he can go on LTIR. LTIR cap hit can be recovered, but only after you hit the cap with everyone else. See TML on CF. There are problems with that though. For one, you can't use it to cover any bonus payments you may have. For another, if you are at the cap already and have injuries, you better have enough LTIR space to cover the cost of replacements. It can be juggled, but you've got to be careful.

If Byfuglien files official retirement papers with NHL his cap hit does disappear. Unlike a guy like Marleau he is not on a 35+ multi year deal. So retiring does eliminate his cap hit.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Wonder if the Jets have interest in Josh Anderson and do the Blue Jackets even have interest in moving him. I’d give up a pick (not a 1st) and prospect (someone like Stanley).

I see Roslovic is getting some love on these boards lately in a top 6 role, but the Jets could use some size and toughness in their top 6, imo.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Wheeler-Anderson
Copp-Lowry-Roslovic
Perreault-Little-Bourque

That could be a solid 4-line forward group for a playoff push.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Wonder if the Jets have interest in Josh Anderson and do the Blue Jackets even have interest in moving him. I’d give up a pick (not a 1st) and prospect (someone like Stanley).

I see Roslovic is getting some love on these boards lately in a top 6 role, but the Jets could use some size and toughness in their top 6, imo.

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Wheeler-Anderson
Copp-Lowry-Roslovic
Perreault-Little-Bourque

If he could be had for a non 1st and prospect (that we can lose) I would likely be interested. I think even with his struggles this year that he might command more though, and in that event I would be out. If the Jets are adding at the TD, I hope they are looking for more depth deals. Something like the Marcus Johansson deal last year for a 2nd and 4th.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Wheeler-Anderson
Copp-Lowry-Roslovic
Perreault-Little-Bourque

Isn’t Laine and Wheeler give them some size. Both over 6’. Also Laine has delivered some pretty big body checks.

Reactions: Bob E

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If Byfuglien files official retirement papers with NHL his cap hit does disappear. Unlike a guy like Marleau he is not on a 35+ multi year deal. So retiring does eliminate his cap hit.

Yup. But if he is injured, why would he retire? The post I replied to mentioned retirement and I should have included that in my reply. But we were discussing him being injured.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Yup. But if he is injured, why would he retire? The post I replied to mentioned retirement and I should have included that in my reply. But we were discussing him being injured.
Doesn’t his injury have to be at work to continue getting paid? Why would the Jets pay if he injuries himself fishing?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Doesn’t his injury have to be at work to continue getting paid? Why would the Jets pay if he injuries himself fishing?

I'm assuming a hockey injury.

But that may be the whole debate right now. He passed his exit medical so there is a question about the source of the injury. Just my guess but I expect it will be judged to be a hockey injury.

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
“Rumour” blog #6 has Jets connected to Gostisbehere. Any idea what it would take to trade for him? Is he too much of an defensive liability to consider?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
“Rumour” blog #6 has Jets connected to Gostisbehere. Any idea what it would take to trade for him? Is he too much of an defensive liability to consider?

I hope it happens just to see how badly his name will be misspelled here. :laugh:

Reactions: SM

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
He's certainly having a rough season. Buy low!

This year:

upload_2019-11-27_11-12-59.png

Here's 2016-2019:

upload_2019-11-27_11-12-26.png

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

With the D we have it's tough to turn your nose up, but personally he's not the "type" of D man we need IMO. Good puck mover and good on the PP, but is a disaster in his own zone. Ideally I'd rather get a D that is still good at moving the puck, but much more responsible and strong defensively. Beggars can't be choosers obviously.

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Isn't ghost a leftie? Can he play the right side?

If we can get him for a song, I'm in.

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
He was a guy I liked as part of a potential Trouba return in the summer haha.

I think he would be good here but probably more on the 2nd pair with Pionk, top priority should be someone more effective to play with Morrissey and I dunno if Ghost is that guy.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I have no issue with Ghost but i am not sure he ia the type of dmen that our coach will trust.

Also if we are looking for offense and puck moving then why not give our own Niku an extended try prior to spending assets on a similiar player type.
Great point.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Isn't ghost a leftie? Can he play the right side?

If we can get him for a song, I'm in.

He's a LHS but Philly played him a lot on the right side because they didn't have any RHS Dmen. I think he did well there, both offensively and defensively. Seems to be something wrong with him this year though.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Isn’t Laine and Wheeler give them some size. Both over 6’. Also Laine has delivered some pretty big body checks.
They offer size, yes, but Anderson offers grit and toughness that may be missing for a playoff run.

You need to get to the net in playoffs, even get a little bloody maybe, and score some greasy goals.

Our guys compete, so it’s not that, it’s getting into a net front screen position, or scrum for a loose puck and being a handful to manage. Think Buff in 2010 playoffs.

We have that in spades with Lowry and Copp, on a very effective 3rd line, but miss it in the top 6.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
They offer size, yes, but Anderson offers grit and toughness that may be missing for a playoff run.

You need to get to the net in playoffs, even get a little bloody maybe, and score some greasy goals.

Our guys compete, so it’s not that, it’s getting into a net front screen position, or scrum for a loose puck and being a handful to manage. Think Buff in 2010 playoffs.

We have that in spades with Lowry and Copp, on a very effective 3rd line, but miss it in the top 6.
Isn’t Ves supposed to offer that?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
He's a LHS but Philly played him a lot on the right side because they didn't have any RHS Dmen. I think he did well there, both offensively and defensively. Seems to be something wrong with him this year though.
After watching pionk defy what the nyr fans had to say about him, I'm starting to believe there's more to players performance than their actual tools/toolboxes. Different system, different personel around them, etc may have more to do with it than we think.

I'd take a flyer on the guy (pun intended) if the price was right. Hell, I'd do the same with risto but I realize I'm in the minority there

Reactions: Fire Chevy

Fire Chevy

Dec 8, 2017
Winnipeg
Ghost I don’t think would cost a lot considering he’s being healthy scratched but Morrissey needs some help Hammonic could be an option could come cheap 2

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
After watching pionk defy what the nyr fans had to say about him, I'm starting to believe there's more to players performance than their actual tools/toolboxes. Different system, different personel around them, etc may have more to do with it than we think.

I'd take a flyer on the guy (pun intended) if the price was right. Hell, I'd do the same with risto but I realize I'm in the minority there

I'd definitely do it if the price was right. I doubt it would be. I would not give up a 2nd + Stanley. More like a 3rd + Nogier, or Suess.

I'd go for Risto, for the right price, if it wasn't for his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad