Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Y’all got any more of that Cracknell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
D men take longer to reach their prime, but age better than forwards. A deal ending in the mid 30s is totally fine for a D. He'll be very much in his prime during this deal.

True some D men take longer to peak, but at the same time there are so many with big contracts that fall off the cliff in their 30s (Subban, Seabrook, Sekera).

I'm okay if it's short term or at cheaper price but 7 years at $8.25 ????

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Ovechkin is UFA after next season.
He is 178 goals behind Gretzky for #1.

3yr deal with guaranteed PP and McWing time can possibly lure him here for cheap if Caps as a team starts to decline.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
True some D men take longer to peak, but at the same time there are so many with big contracts that fall off the cliff in their 30s (Subban, Seabrook, Sekera).

I'm okay if it's short term or at cheaper price but 7 years at $8.25 ????
that is a fair worry, I admit. It's actually a bit worse than that even. Arguably, Weber, Karlsson, Letang, Spurgeon. It also seems common to happen after they get paid. Now of course, many of these guys are still very great players

Reactions: Magnum23

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
How about

Athansiou
Puljujarvi
Russell

for

Dylan Strome
De Haan

If the Blackhawks are one of the teams that want to shed salary, Russell in for De Haan saves them 3 million in actual dollars which is a significant savings.

Strome McDavid Kassian
RNH Draisaitl Yamamoto

Probably makes McDavid happy and you can lock in Strome on a multi-year deal now.
I'm not sure D. Strome is ready for that role, he's only really excelled in the Sam Gagner soft minutes role.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
LAK signed Sean Walker for 2.65 x 4 yesterday. I'd say if we are looking at a bridge for Bear we are looking at 2.65 at MINIMUM now

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Can someone summarize what the actual rumor is about OEL and the Oilers? Has Stauffer given any of his cryptic hints, or has he just talked about him a couple times on OilersNow? Where is all this talk coming from?

All of his talk on Oilers Now has been about OEL... and he's dropped so many cryptic hints.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Nothing. Teams are losing $. They have internal caps. Arz is rumored to be in dire straits financially even more so than before.

OEL is no more of a reality right now than Seabrook being an Oiler a few years back when he was the hot topic

Listen to Stauffers show. He has talked about OEL pretty much for the last 4 shows. He's talked to so many reporters about him...

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
LAK signed Sean Walker for 2.65 x 4 yesterday. I'd say if we are looking at a bridge for Bear we are looking at 2.65 at MINIMUM now

We were always looking at that.

There is no way a guy like Bear didn't get atleast 2.5 based on playing 20 minutes a night with tough competition and succeeding. Paying him less than that was always a pipe dream.

Reactions: KYams17

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
Can someone summarize what the actual rumor is about OEL and the Oilers? Has Stauffer given any of his cryptic hints, or has he just talked about him a couple times on OilersNow? Where is all this talk coming from?

Stauffers been hinting at next years 1st, prospect (i'm thinking Samarukov) and some cap going the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad