Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Y’all got any more of that Cracknell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Not sure if OEL is the answer, but boy it would be nice to have a D that can actually finish a play. OEL's goal-scoring has reduced the last few years, but he has shown he has the talent to finish plays with a couple 20+ goal seasons, in his years under Tippett.

No team worries about any of our D jumping into plays and finishing things off with skill. Our D do little more than make short passes to Drai or McDavid for their points.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Not sure if OEL is the answer, but boy it would be nice to have a D that can actually finish a play. OEL's goal-scoring has reduced the last few years, but he has shown he has the talent to finish plays with a couple 20+ goal seasons, in his years under Tippett.

No team worries about any of our D jumping into plays and finishing things off with skill. Our D do little more than make short passes to Drai or McDavid for their points.

evan-bouchard-2020-41.jpg

Let us pray.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Stauffers been hinting at next years 1st, prospect (i'm thinking Samarukov) and some cap going the other way.

Samorukov would be a tough one to swallow as he has offensive skill, is solid defensively and can hit like a truck. If we are paying up that much they had better be retaining some salary and taking some cap back. Kassian or Neal type of cap.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Kassian for Hornqvist at 4.8m. 1 for 1.

Pens shed salary and add a player more suitable to a bottom 6 role which is what they need. We ditch 1 year of term and get a guy that is a legit top 6 winger. Hornqvist would be a great fit on Mcdavids lw I think and the fans here would love his relentless play.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I’d do that deal in an instant. The cap going back would probably be Nurse though.

Nurse isn't even signed and guaranteed Klefbom will be traded for him. Holland calls Nurse part of the leadership group this year. Why would he throw him away like that? He's not Chiarelli

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I have no problem dealing Darnell Nurse because I think his upside is limited at his best, but it doesn't really matter. It's a pipe dream they ever move him. The only way he goes is if his contract demands become ridiculous by 2022 and Broberg can step in to replace him as a similar player.

Love him or hate him, Nurse is here to stay.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Why would we want to trade Kass? Do we have another player that brings what he does ? I mean an all-around package of speed and willing to drop the gloves to protect McDavid?

Reactions: Patch101

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I have no problem dealing Darnell Nurse because I think his upside is limited at his best, but it doesn't really matter. It's a pipe dream they ever move him. The only way he goes is if his contract demands become ridiculous by 2022 and Broberg can step in to replace him as a similar player.

The problem with Nurse is his 2 year extension take him right to UFA. Is he worth the 7 million+ that he'll get on the open market?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Nurse's upside is limited... If his upside is limited, then Klefboms is even worse

Reactions: Oilers90

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Nurse's upside is limited... If his upside is limited, then Klefboms is even worse

Both are what they are - neither are No.1 D.

Neither is OEL, though.

It's going to be hard in the West facing up Makar, Heiskanen, Hughes, Theodore, Josi when we don't have a 1D.

McDavid + Draisaitl at least can do a lot.

Reactions: KYams17

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Why would we want to trade Kass? Do we have another player that brings what he does ? I mean an all-around package of speed and willing to drop the gloves to protect McDavid?

Well considering he's brought nothing since he signed his extension I imagine they won't struggle too hard to replace him.

BigTime99

Mar 27, 2014
If it costs anything near Nurse, Samorukov and a 1st to get Ekman-Larsson, you block Arizona's number permanently, no matter who's running it that day.

I dont how nurse came up. I think russell was mentioned because of the low actual $$$ value. U could put russell in the deal or find another partner and maybe pick up some low round picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->