Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Trade Deadline Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Meh. Hard to feel much of anything. Getting rid of a contract would have been nice. Getting a late round pick would have felt at least okay, visually speaking, but not amounted to all that much. Brown would have been kinda nifty, but it's good they didn't over-pay for him. Glad they didn't sell off Pulju for nothing.
It's kind of heartening that Keith seems to know roughly what he's doing, at least.

It's a trap man. The OBC and their media puppets are pushing the OMG CHIA WENT ROGUE and EXTERNAL HIRES LIKE TAMBO, EAKINS, AND CHIA HAVE BEEN FAR WORSE THAN US narrative.

Don't fall for it.

Keith's drafting track record in Arizona and Boston speaks for itself. Terrible.

Reactions: Hemsky is a gangsta

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Like someone else pointed out, I wonder what we would have gotten for Caggiula had we waited until the deadline to sell him.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
A few nights ago I had a strange dream we traded our first for Greg Pateryn, so, really, I feel kinda relieved to be totally honest.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
the good part about today is that it must force NIcholso to realize just how badly this team has been run that we can't even get 3rd round picks for our extras. The cupboard is that empty

today was a condemnation of the entire organization. CHia assisant GM Gretzky, pro and amatuer scouts

this stink is on everyone

Reactions: Dan403

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Lebrun tweeting out Zucker to Calgary was a done deal but fell apart. One Flames fan "heard" it was for Frolik + (main board), Frolik ****blocked it with his NTC :laugh:. Hilarious if true.
I wonder if Fenton is dump enough to let us dump Lucic on him...

Puljujarvi + Bear + 2nd + Lucic for Zucker

Tell him that Zucker is a cap dump as well lol

Reactions: McFuhryous

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I wonder if the plan is to sign Petrovic and deal Benning?
Hope not.

KG told Chiasson's agent they will evaluate Chiasson's future after the season. The new GM should be hired by then. Perhaps the organization is doing the right thing and this regime is done making any further transactions.

Last edited:

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Hope not.

KG told Chiasson's agent they will evaluated Chiasson's future after the season. The new GM should be hired by then. Perhaps the organization is doing the right thing and this regime is done making any further transactions.
Hope so.

However, more likely is that Gretzky, MacT, and Howson will continue to be the "braintrust" of the organization.

copperandblue897

Nov 29, 2008
Edmonton
I’ve been thinking of this Ottawa situation and only like 44 million for next year. They need cap money and after July 1 when looch has his signing bonus paid. Would a deal around

Zach Smith 2 x $3.2M for Looch 4 x $6M plus a pick work??

Then Ottawa gets a Melnyk special pay less real money to player vs cap. Also they could flip Looch to another team at half retained. You’d think someone would take Looch at $3M no?

What would the pick need to be for them to do it. And is Zach Smith an acceptable 3rd line center for two years?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I’ve been thinking of this Ottawa situation and only like 44 million for next year. They need cap money and after July 1 when looch has his signing bonus paid. Would a deal around

Zach Smith 2 x $3.2M for Looch 4 x $6M plus a pick work??

Then Ottawa gets a Melnyk special pay less real money to player vs cap. Also they could flip Looch to another team at half retained. You’d think someone would take Looch at $3M no?

What would the pick need to be for them to do it. And is Zach Smith an acceptable 3rd line center for two years?
Lucic + Pulju + 2nd for Pageau + Boedker (50%)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
At this point in McDavids career, the Oilers *should* have been going all in for Stone/Duchene/Hagelin/Simmonds etc in order to solidify their contender status and secure the cup

Instead we waited to see if we could offload one of the many bad contracts. Whilst not being able to trade for anything because we have no depth and few quality trade chips

One a side note, the TDL is the best time to exploit market inefficiencies. GMs still for some reason think that there is a big drop off between a 2nd round and 5th round pick. If I was a GM I would be dealing most of my 2nd round and 3rd round picks for the forseeable future and either trade them for established players at the TDL, or trade down at the draft to grab multiple 4th/5th round picks. Id grab as many lottery tickets as possible, hope some turn into hyped up prospects and deal them in 3 years at the TDL. Rinse, repeat

Id also do what WPG did and deal my depth player on a PDO bender for a clear top 6er (Lemiuex+ pick for Hayes). Its too bad Chiasson crashed down to earth so far ahead of the TDL, would have been a perfect sell high candidate even if his return was only a 2nd round pick

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
The biggest positive of this TDL was the complete lack of rumors around trading our really good players. Hopefully the new GM chooses not to ship out someone like RNH just to make a splash.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Lebrun tweeting out Zucker to Calgary was a done deal but fell apart. One Flames fan "heard" it was for Frolik + (main board), Frolik ****blocked it with his NTC :laugh:. Hilarious if true.

Scary that Calgary almost won another trade by a fair amount, and the only thing that stopped them was a player. Calgary is good at finding these solid players that other GMs are eager to get rid of

Reactions: McFuhryous

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
I don't suppose anyone knows a site or conveniently has a list of prospects that become UFA or re-enter the draft if not signed before a certain date (June 1st?)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I don't suppose anyone knows a site or conveniently has a list of prospects that become UFA or re-enter the draft if not signed before a certain date (June 1st?)

I dont know of any site, capfriendly maybe, but Cory Pronman using puts on a list around May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad