Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Trade Deadline Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Sooooo how are the Oilers going to add 3 top 6 forwards in the offseason along with another top 4 Dman? Any ideas people?

space321

May 11, 2011
HFOil circa 2014

"Wingers are the least valuable position, they are so easy to acquire"

Well thats partially true, its easy for other teams to acquire good wingers from us

"Hall didn't have as much value as we thought because he plays wing, Larsson plays RHD which is the most saught after position". HFOil circa 2015-2016.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I don't think it's that easy. Cold now or not, Chiasson still has 17 goals and is an important net front presence on the PP so they'd have to replace that production for cheap and Kassian is their best bottom 6er. On most teams, these guys would be expendable but not on the Oilers.
I'd rather go into next season with..
Khaira-???-Chiasson
???-Cave?-Kassian
than
Khaira-???-???
???-Cave-???

They can always revisit a Kassian trade in the offseason when he'll likely have more value.
Dump the dead weight like Reider, Brodziak, Manning and Petrovic, not useful players.
They are going to need to find a replacement for chiassons production regardless of if he’s back next year or not. He’s never going to produce like he did the first 1/2 of this season again.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I was halfway with you before - I thought the Duchene pick up made sense but they paid too much - but this is just a terrible analogy. It's not even close to what happened. A more accurate comparison would be:

We go on a deep run with Klefbom leading the way on the last year of his contract playing better than ever. Katz openly refuses to give Klefbom a raise, forcing a trade. We then trade Klefbom, Bouchard, first, second for one year of Doughty.

I don't agree with this tho. They got Duchene for almost 2 years. They got him as a clear upgrade to have a #1 C, which Turris is not.

Duchene admitted he could see signing there. That gave them 2 years to court him.

Like I said, the events that transpired after were unforseaable I'm sure, and played into him being shipped out.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't agree with this tho. They got Duchene for almost 2 years. They got him as a clear upgrade to have a #1 C, which Turris is not.

Duchene admitted he could see signing there. That gave them 2 years to court him.

Like I said, the events that transpired after were unforseaable I'm sure, and played into him being shipped out.
Every player says that. Rarely do you hear a guy saying "i'm playing my contract out and leaving"

Reactions: Aerrol and Dan403

space321

May 11, 2011
With the way Fenton has been cleaning house in MIN, what are the chances Boudreau becomes available in the summer? Apparently he wasn't even in the deadline war room. I think he would be a good coach for this team, should be a top candidate if he's available.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Just saw on Complete Hockey News on FB (they're reliable I find) that the Flames had a deal for Zucker that somehow fell through and the Flames are pissed.

If that's legit, haha.

Reactions: lakai17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad