Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Having McDavid & McDonagh would have been too confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I can't imagine they'd want to swap JP for Patrick.

I wounder what it would take added to JP to get Coots. I wouldn't hesitate to include him in that kind of deal.
I see no real reason for us to go after Patrick unless the cost is a prospect.

For Couts I'm sure Nuge, JP and maybe more is the cost.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
You're likely going to need more than a 2nd round pick to move him at this time. You're going to need to accept the fact that we are in a deep, deep hole with him, and we have little choice. No team in their right mind is going to take on that contract for a 2nd rounder at this point.

I was talking specifically about moving him at the expansion draft to Seattle. If we look at moving him before (which we should) it'll probably take something more significant as a sweetener or we'd need to take a bad deal back in return. Regardless, "riding it out" is simply not an option.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
If I was GM, Id really take a look at acquiring Laine. He isn't playing well rn, and the Jets are in a tough spot with the cap, and deciding what kind of contract he'd deserve. He'd be lethal on the PP, and I think he'd mesh well with Draisaitl on the 2nd line.

They need a strong young 2C, LHD, and picks/prospects. Would they accept RNH + Russell + 2019 1st + another piece

Our top 6 long term would look like:

XXX-McDavid-Yamamoto
Puljujarvi-Draisaitl-Laine

lol why would the Jets move him? He's their franchise player. There's a half dozen others they'd punt before Laine.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I was talking specifically about moving him at the expansion draft to Seattle. If we look at moving him before (which we should) it'll probably take something more significant as a sweetener or we'd need to take a bad deal back in return. Regardless, "riding it out" is simply not an option.
If he can make it through one more season, the real dollars become a bit easier to deal with for an acquiring team.

The other thing that some texter(RCN) suggested is retaining on him, trade him with a sweetner to ARI. From there ARI retains and then flips him to PHI.

I mean maybe the teams are out to lunch, but it's something to look at

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
If I was GM, Id really take a look at acquiring Laine. He isn't playing well rn, and the Jets are in a tough spot with the cap, and deciding what kind of contract he'd deserve. He'd be lethal on the PP, and I think he'd mesh well with Draisaitl on the 2nd line.

They need a strong young 2C, LHD, and picks/prospects. Would they accept RNH + Russell + 2019 1st + another piece

XXX-McDavid-Yamamoto

6'5", right shot
36 G in 73 GP rookie
44 G in 82 GP sophomore
25 G so far in 49 GP this season...

I know I am stating the obvious above but sometimes it needs to be laid out. He can struggle how much he wants to (still on pace for 40+ goals this season...) but there is no way WPG is trading him unless for a king's ransom, and that is not it...

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Again, this misses the whole point of the argument. He's a career 9 - 10% shooter. Consistently has put up 10-15 goals.

Are you implying that he will be a 0% shooter the rest of his career? He will never score a goal again?
It has everything to do with it. We shouldn't be paying a guy for what he did with another team. Again, if he wants to sign near the minimum, I'm willing to possibly take a chance because he's a vet and I think he may score a goal again someday. Anything more, let someone else pay him. We have enough cap issues and underperforming players than to start that merrygoround again.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

XXX-McDavid-Yamamoto

Pretty sure that if Winnipeg has cap issues, that Laine would be one of their very last options to trade.:laugh:

And you have 2 guys pencilled into our long term lineup that we have no idea as to whether they will turn out or be busts.

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
Hey, if we're going for Laine (last page) why not also try to pry out Pettersson from Vancouver.

Add Seth Jones from a day ago and we're all set :thumbu:

(to be clear, I am being a ****, too many unrealistic proposals lately...)

Too many people playing NHL 19 on very easy and too many people trying to make Chia look smart. Hilarious how some people talk smack and then look a fool.

Reactions: Cypress

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
If he can make it through one more season, the real dollars become a bit easier to deal with for an acquiring team.

The other thing that some texter(RCN) suggested is retaining on him, trade him with a sweetner to ARI. From there ARI retains and then flips him to PHI.

I mean maybe the teams are out to lunch, but it's something to look at

If has another year like the last year and a half, I don't know if anyone takes him at league minimum. What a g-d disaster of a contract.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Hypothetically,

Hire McCrimmon as the next GM

Edit: Trade for McDonagh from Tampa (Thanks for Correction 78Oil)and try to get LW Cody McLeod from Rangers

Try to get Ryan McLeod's older brother Michael McLeod from New Jersey

Trade for Boston's Dman, McAvoy

Call up Carolina and Trade for goaltender McElhinney, and forwards McGinn and McKegg

Trade one of our up and coming D for Detroit's Jared McIsaac

And try to get Jared McCann from Florida

McCrimmon's Roster

RNH - McDavid - Draisaitl

C. McLeod - M.McLeod - Puljujarvi

McCann - R.McLeod - Yamamoto

Khaira - McGinn - McKegg

Lucic

Klefbom - Larsson

McDonagh - McAvoy

Jones - McIssac

Nurse

Koskinen
McElhinney

Holly crap .I am going Mccrazy . I used a mechanic not long ago and his name is Mcnutt which I assume most other GM call Chia

:sarcasm:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I'll throw these out there

I saw a Flyers fan before say Patrick plus for Nuge. Patrick plus what for Nuge? What would it take for you to be interested, seems like it could be a good trade for the long run and creates some short term cap space.

Alternatively what do you think it would take to get Coots?

Obviously they'd have to take Manning or Spooner to make the cap work.

Real good contract for 3 years after this one and would give you some flexibility to stack the top two lines or if you can improve the wings have options for 3 good lines.

Yeah absolutely not. RNH is Patricks far off ceiling. Itd be lucky for Patrick to ever be close to RNH. RNH isnt elite but hes a good top line player or 2c. Patrick is looking like a future depth player

I could do JP for Patrick though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad