Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Free Agency Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
If we're going to be tanking maybe keep the big three together so they can inflate their point totals which will hopefully keep them content.

Rest of the roster can play trap.

20/21 we can add Hall and Lafreniere.

ctHyGQf.png

That is one big pile of shit.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I don’t disagree but McDavid also isn’t a quitter. If Holland 5 years from now still has a crap bottom 10 team then we’ll talk about him bailing. Until then it’s Chicken Little talk from over anxious posters across various social media sites.

No, I think it's like 2 years it what they actually have to build a playoff team, no fuss.

He's not gonna sit around and wait 5 years, he will have basically flushed a big chunk of his entire prime down the the toilet.

This franchise doesn't get to waste the prime of the best player since Lemieux arguably, that's not their "right" just because the dumb f***s here were lucky some lottery balls bounced their incompetent way.

No one is gonna paint McDavid as the "bad guy" in that scenario if he does want out.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Ah, the old "another team failed so why bother" excuse. Calgary has cycled up and down and trades draft picks no problem. Then they also trade the players they acquire with those picks if they need other assets. They seem to have a plan, which is to win now (and I hope they fail but they have a plan at least)

It's amazing that St. Louis can trade 3 scrubs and two picks for Ryan O'Reilly but we need all the things to align lol. Like I said before, Oilers fans are skittish about trades because of the last few years but a good GM can make trades if they want to.

That has been my mantra all along, if you haven't read that then you're missing the point. I am giving Holland to the start of the season to prove that he can improve this team somewhat. So far, he's done everything that past Oilers GMs would have done (buyout and signing 4th liners). His salary and his own statements about the window to improve the team has created expectations in my mind and that's not unreasonable (especially since he has full autonomy!)

Look how far the Flames got in the past 3 years of trading first round picks. Buffalo got suckered by St L but their “scrubs” were a better fit than anything we had at the time. And yes you need things to align. It takes willing teams and often willing players to make a deal happen.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
No, I think it's like 2 years it what they actually have to build a playoff team, no fuss.

He's not gonna sit around and wait 5 years, he will have basically flushed a big chunk of his entire prime down the the toilet.

This franchise doesn't get to waste the prime of the best player since Lemieux arguably, that's not their "right" just because the dumb ****s here were lucky some lottery balls bounced their incompetent way.

No one is gonna paint McDavid as the "bad guy" in that scenario if he does want out.

Yes 2 years is what Holland said so why are you running around like the sky is falling?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
You can't just hedge your argument on your idea of McDavid's loyalty. No one should be willing to stay in a house that's burning to the ground, and that's where McDavid is currently. I give him 2-3 years, and that's 2-3 years more than he should stick around this inflatable dumpster of a team.

The ship needs to be steered away from the rocks and it has to happen soon. Very soon.

2 years is what Holland said he needs.

“Compete for a playoff spot this year.”
“Perennial playoff team after that”

I don’t believe McDavid is going to cut and run if we show forward progress.

Reactions: Rufus Aslegard

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I think McDavid would rather see a plan to lead to sustained success than selling be farm for 1 year of playoffs.

was that from the inside information you gathered from McDavid with your time as a mascot ?

Im sure McDavid is ok to waste another few years of his prime away waiting for that pot of gold as he enters his 30's.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yes 2 years is what Holland said so why are you running around like the sky is falling?
So when does the process start? The draft is gone and so are the bulk of UFAs. Not even the most optimistic Oiler fan can possibly think this is a playoff team without significant improvement even in 2020/21.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
You want him to trade all our picks and turn it into a dynasty at the same time.

Congrats on showing you don’t know how drafting leads to sustained success.

Yes, even when they were winning Cups, Chicago kept building through the draft. For years, they’ve had more prospects than any other team.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

OK first of all we're 5 years in to the McDavid era and he's putting up 110 points and Draisaitl is putting up 50 goals + 100 points too and RNH is having a career year ... and they are STILL worse than the Vancouver Canucks who were freaking rebuilding last year, lol.

The sky isn't falling. That sky fell like 18 months ago there, buddy, lol.

This is the worst run organization in professional sports. Not just the NHL. Pro. Sports and if right now they are definitely on track to f*** this whole thing up entirely. Stop with the whole nonsense of playing Bob Stauffer and telling people they shouldn't feel pissed off about it.

Reactions: Jamin and McFlash97

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
2 years is what Holland said he needs.

“Compete for a playoff spot this year.”
“Perennial playoff team after that”

I don’t believe McDavid is going to cut and run if we show forward progress.

true , I agree, but what thus far this summer so far has you believing the coming year will be progress ?

Oilers are as it stands a worse team then they are last year. Mainly due to other teams improving much more thus far.

Reactions: EagerPug

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
This is the worst run organization in professional sports. Not just the NHL. Pro. Sports and if right now they are definitely on track to **** this whole thing up entirely. They definitely are.

The Knicks would probably have something to say about that.

Your point stands though.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The Knicks would probably have something to say about that.

Your point stands though.

No the Oilers are much worse than the Knicks. Show me where the Knicks have Kevin Durant or a prime 22-year-old LeBron James (the NBA equivalent to McDavid) on their roster and a 2nd very good player on top of that and they are finishing below the NBA equivalent of the Arizona Coyotes in the standings.

The Oilers are the worst team in all of professional sports. No one else has the best player in the league and not only can't make the playoffs but can't even surpass mediocre clubs like Arizona and Vancouver in the standings.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
true , I agree, but what thus far this summer so far has you believing the coming year will be progress ?

Oilers are as it stands a worse team then they are last year. Mainly due to other teams improving much more thus far.

Because we have no cap money and garbage no other team wants. I also personally watched what Tippett did with a far less talented team in Phoenix. And I believe Holland will address getting 1 scoring winger and a 3C before the summer is out.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
OK first of all we're 5 years in to the McDavid era and he's putting up 110 points and Draisaitl is putting up 50 goals + 100 points too and RNH is having a career year ... and they are STILL worse than the Vancouver Canucks who were freaking rebuilding last year, lol.

The sky isn't falling. That sky fell like 18 months ago there, buddy, lol.

This is the worst run organization in professional sports. Not just the NHL. Pro. Sports and if right now they are definitely on track to **** this whole thing up entirely. Stop with the whole nonsense of playing Bob Stauffer and telling people they shouldn't feel pissed off about it.

Don’t disagree. But we have a new sheriff in town and a new coach. Prospects are coming. And McDavid ain’t a sniveling whining quitter. I sincerely believe he wants to get this done here.

If you believe he has an expiry date good for you.

I believe he sees his contract out no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad