Proposal: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Free Agency Fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Spawn...

You see nothing. You have no idea how the new players will play on new teams. For all you know teams you say improved may have signed the new lucic. It’s too easy to be negative and think every thing another team does is perfect.

Reactions: Seachd

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Sometimes I feel like the goal isn’t winning a Stanley cup.

It definitely isn't for a while. The goal is to by some miracle take any playoff seed for the next 2-3 years.

Chia flushed any Cup window with McDavid and Drai early in their careers down the toilet. Pittsburgh this ain't.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Most UFAs are old enough to have families. If they are signing in Edmonton for multiyear contracts they are moving here. Edmonton is bottom 5 in the league for geographic destinations. It's a MAJOR factor.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Spawn...

You see nothing. You have no idea how the new players will play on new teams. For all you know teams you say improved may have signed the new lucic. It’s too easy to be negative and think every thing another team does is perfect.
I haven't called any team perfect.

But I know this Oilers team. And I know that it's not good enough and that the addition of a bunch of replacement level plugs isn't enough to change the fact that this team is very much a bottom 10 roster in the league.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
It definitely isn't for a while. The goal is to by some miracle take any playoff seed for the next 2-3 years.

Chia flushed any Cup window with McDavid and Drai early in their careers down the toilet. Pittsburgh this ain't.

Should we start looking at trading McDavid and Drai? Because it seems like we are done as a team and getting worse by the day. They won't want to be around much longer. So is it better to trade them now before they demand out?

Reactions: Aerchon

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Most UFAs are old enough to have families. If they are signing in Edmonton for multiyear contracts they are moving here. Edmonton is bottom 5 in the league for geographic destinations. It's a MAJOR factor.
Than make a f***ing trade.

It's not rocket science. Teams all over the league manage to do it.

Reactions: Raoul Duke

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
@Spawn
I know that we have a plethora of promising young d prospects. I know that we had a full drafts worth of picks.

Any of those assets could have been used to improve the team. I see multiple teams solving their cap issues. I see multiple teams making smart trades for minimal costs.

I see people making excuses that divisional rivals don't make trades as reasons why the Oilers couldn't have acquired a player like Haula. Then I see the Leafs and Sens make a trade a handful of days later.

If Holland can't do it, it's not because it can't be done. It's because he's not good enough at his job.

First its interesting to me that just because Holland hasnt operated on your schedule you think thats a fail on his part. You fail to realize (or refuse to acknowledge) that there is still time to make a trade.
That pretty telling. :nod:

Next you create a false equivalency that if another team (with more favorable circumstances) can make a deal then Holland should be able to as well.

As if that wasnt enough next you insist that Holland should mortgage the future to try and save this season.

Clearly you havent thought any of this through.​

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010

Do you want 10 years of playoffs or one cup. I want a cup

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Should we start looking at trading McDavid and Drai? Because it seems like we are done as a team and getting worse by the day. They won't want to be around much longer. So is it better to trade them now before they demand out?

No you take your best shot and hope they don't get too pissed off.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Matthews-Kapanen
Kerfoot-Nylander-Mikheyev
Agostino-Spezza-Moore

Rielly-Ceci
Muzzin-Barrie
Dermott-Harpur
Gravel/Marincin

Andersen

or

Draisaitl-McDavid-Chiasson
Nygard-RNH-Gagner
Lucic-Granlund-Kassian
Khaira-Cave-Jurco

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Jones-Benning
Persson

Smith/Koskinen

Yeah Toronto looks a ton better than us right now. They still have problems but we have massive problems.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
RNH should be traded cause he sure as hell is leaving

Reactions: Aerchon

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Agostino-Spezza-Moore

Rielly-Ceci
Muzzin-Barrie
Dermott-Harpur
Gravel/Marincin

Andersen

or

Nygard-RNH-Gagner
Lucic-Granlund-Kassian
Khaira-Cave-Jurco

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Jones-Benning
Persson

Smith/Koskinen

Yeah Toronto looks a ton better than us right now. They still have problems but we have massive problems.
Only 3 AHL lines on the Oilers - at least its not 4.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Agostino-Spezza-Moore

Rielly-Ceci
Muzzin-Barrie
Dermott-Harpur
Gravel/Marincin

Andersen

or

Nygard-RNH-Gagner
Lucic-Granlund-Kassian
Khaira-Cave-Jurco

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Jones-Benning
Persson

Smith/Koskinen

Yeah Toronto looks a ton better than us right now.

That's not even a contest anymore. They're a 100 point team that pushed the Eastern champs to the brink.

We are gonna have problems being better than the Canucks.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I didn't think they were going to sign any big name FA's. I was hoping they were, but had no expectations it was going to happen.

Holland was handcuffed from the mess left behind from Chiaturd. He had a roster to fill out and now that's done he's got about 3mil to add to the roster in the form of a trade if it comes along. Next season he'll have a bit more room, but this season was always a wash.

Would have been nice to see a decent top 6 guy brought in, but any of those guys were way out of our price range.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I didn't think they were going to sign any big name FA's. I was hoping they were, but had no expectations it was going to happen.

Holland was handcuffed from the mess left behind from Chiaturd. He had a roster to fill out and now that's done he's got about 3mil to add to the roster in the form of a trade if it comes along. Next season he'll have a bit more room, but this season was always a wash.

Would have been nice to see a decent top 6 guy brought in, but any of those guys were way out of our price range.

There is still time for another move or 2.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad