• The Blueline

• Third Line Center

• McWinger

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

space321

May 11, 2011
Its kind of funny how almost everyone who plays with McDavid is an anchor. McDavid is a generational player but he needs to learn how to click with some guys that arent being paid to be superstars.

If Holland isnt able to bring someone in due to cap restraints I anchor McDavid with JP (a 4th overall talent) and an anchor in James Neal (who put up 40 goals).

That's just the sad truth, not funny at all. This team traded away Hall/Eberle, let Maroon walk, Lucic dropped off a cliff, and didn't bother replacing them with even halfway capable players. So what do you expect? It's just anchors, always has been. That's why the #1 priority is to find a non-anchor for him next year.

Reactions: Anarchism

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
We really need a 3C who can win a face-off, especially if we're running (as I assume we will) Khaira/Haas as our 4C. Khaira isn't awful, Haas hasn't had many experiences, but losing face offs (and having an out of depth Riley Sheahan) murdered us in the playoffs. I would take a long look at Erik Haula at hopefully an affordable price point, or maybe a trade for Colton Sissons from Nashville.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Its kind of funny how almost everyone who plays with McDavid is an anchor. McDavid is a generational player but he needs to learn how to click with some guys that arent being paid to be superstars.

If Holland isnt able to bring someone in due to cap restraints I anchor McDavid with JP (a 4th overall talent) and an anchor in James Neal (who put up 40 goals).

Alex Chiasson? Patrick Maroon? Drake Caggiula? Ty Rattie? Even Nail Yakupov for a dozen or so games?

All of them were bottom-6 (or worse) players, whose games elevated when playing with McDavid. Blaming him for not being able to click with non-superstar players is completely unjustified.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
That's just the sad truth, not funny at all. This team traded away Hall/Eberle, let Maroon walk, Lucic dropped off a cliff, and didn't bother replacing them with even halfway capable players. So what do you expect? It's just anchors, always has been. That's why the #1 priority is to find a non-anchor for him next year.
You might be quite dissappointed. We have 3 high quality centres --one of which is playing wing....because we have no top 6 left wingers...
We do have the assets to acquire these wingers--but as we have seen so far Holland only has the ability to trade or buy former players or sign players on the cheap...
Two top 6 lw ers....Does Holland still have the stones to do that?

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
are people forgetting how useless Maroon was after his lucky-season high of 27 goals? he skates on concrete while everyone skates on ice and isn't much of an upgrade in our lineup

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
are people forgetting how useless Maroon was after his lucky-season high of 27 goals? he skates on concrete while everyone skates on ice and isn't much of an upgrade in our lineup
He was twice as productive as Kassian the following year scoring 14G 30pts before he was traded.

Reactions: KYams17

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I think you’re forgetting reality.
As an Oiler he was good until trade deadline.

space321

May 11, 2011
You might be quite dissappointed. We have 3 high quality centres --one of which is playing wing....because we have no top 6 left wingers...
We do have the assets to acquire these wingers--but as we have seen so far Holland only has the ability to trade or buy former players or sign players on the cheap...
Two top 6 lw ers....Does Holland still have the stones to do that?

What I say the team needs to do, and what I expect the team to do are very different. My expectations for Holland very low so I don't think I'll be disappointed lol.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Would you trade Russell for Rinne if for some reason that was an option?

Saves the Preds $1m in cap and $2.5M in real dollars.

Worth it to gamble on a soon-to-be 38 year old Rinne? $5M cap hit on an expiring deal.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Would you trade Russell for Rinne if for some reason that was an option?

Saves the Preds $1m in cap and $2.5M in real dollars.

Worth it to gamble on a soon-to-be 38 year old Rinne? $5M cap hit on an expiring deal.

Kinda defeats the purpose of getting rid of Russell, which is to use that cap to improve the roster.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I think he is a very realistic target but he won't be cheap. Would the 1st and JP get it done? That would give the Ducks three first rounders. They could perhaps flip the Oilers and Bruins 1st's into another top ten pick.
The reason we are in this position is because of all the draft picks we pissed away. Keep the 1st. Sign or trade JP.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Kinda defeats the purpose of getting rid of Russell, which is to use that cap to improve the roster.

He could bounce back and be a decent guy to split time with Koski.

Not sure there's too many better options that you wouldn't have to give up an asset for or create a bunch of cap space for.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
We really need a 3C who can win a face-off, especially if we're running (as I assume we will) Khaira/Haas as our 4C. Khaira isn't awful, Haas hasn't had many experiences, but losing face offs (and having an out of depth Riley Sheahan) murdered us in the playoffs. I would take a long look at Erik Haula at hopefully an affordable price point, or maybe a trade for Colton Sissons from Nashville.
Suggested Mike McLeod. He maybe useless in many aspects but he is a plus player on the dot with a right hand shot.
Cost to acquire shouldnt be too high.
Khaira straight up or a little plus.

Add Maroon + McLeod and I am happy with forward group.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Looking back at the 05-06 Oilers team, our current roster could use guys like Torres, Smyth and Stoll up front in the worst way. A fast/gritty winger that can score and play all over the lineup, a high end winger with good finishing touch at the net, and a right handed 3C would pretty much fill in the holes we have up front.

Reactions: Geardedandbearded
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad