TSN: Rumours of Kadri and Gardiner as trade bait won't go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Kane infamously screamed at Towes on the ice for not passing him the puck, it happens far more often in hockey than to the casual observer, you should know this. You are involved in hockey. Kessel yelling at Dion was blown out of proportion. You can believe me or not, but a player that was in the room with Dion in Calgary, private msg me, Dion is a good team player, he is a leader but he is not a player that can lead by himself. He needs help here.

Kadri is not a good listener, or he listens and he doesn't apply it to the ice. He is stubborn. He is a talent, we know this because we both agreed he would be an upgrade to Grabovski for the 12-13 season. However, Ever since Cherry kissed him his play has been complacent. This is a contract year for him, perhaps this will spur him on.

Kessel yelling at Dion is not blown out of proportion at all...if anything it is being minimized. Lots of players argue.....we all know that....but Kessel telling Dion to shut the F up is much more significant it was not as a result of not passing etc if was a result of Dion trying to tell him what to do.....and where it happened as well. Aulie spoke to voices off the ice as issues.....Schenn and Dion were more than rumors as well. This year it has been reported that Clarkson and Dion had a huge blow up. Then add in the Versteeg trade after he made fun of Dion and all of this point to Dion not being liked at all......never mind that players in Calgary spoke about the issues and you want me to believe that Dion was thought of as a good leader in Calgary!

Kadri is very well liked by his team mates, at least the ones I know.....like I stated earlier Kadri was the one who gave Rielly advise when he arrived.....not Dion! You keep saying Kadri does not listen.....yet his coach never said he does not listen.....and just encase you do not realize this, players play on instincts and they are well engrained and very hard to change...being told what to do in situations and changing this takes time....Carlyle knows this.....will Kadri be traded soon, who knows, but if he does it should be because it upgrades the team and no other reason.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
It's so hilarious how some of you guys think you're a fly on the wall in the dressing room. As if you have ANY idea what happens in that locker room or between players and coaches/other players.

mikebel111*

Honestly, I think it is Bozak who does not listen. I mean all these years he was not very good, and now has a great year, I guess all these years he was not listening
You see how silly Kadri doesn't listen to coaches sound

RadekBong

Sep 27, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Kessel yelling at Dion is not blown out of proportion at all...if anything it is being minimized. Lots of players argue.....we all know that....but Kessel telling Dion to shut the F up is much more significant it was not as a result of not passing etc if was a result of Dion trying to tell him what to do.....and where it happened as well. Aulie spoke to voices off the ice as issues.....Schenn and Dion were more than rumors as well. This year it has been reported that Clarkson and Dion had a huge blow up. Then add in the Versteeg trade after he made fun of Dion and all of this point to Dion not being liked at all......never mind that players in Calgary spoke about the issues and you want me to believe that Dion was thought of as a good leader in Calgary!

Kadri is very well liked by his team mates, at least the ones I know.....like I stated earlier Kadri was the one who gave Rielly advise when he arrived.....not Dion! You keep saying Kadri does not listen.....yet his coach never said he does not listen.....and just encase you do not realize this, players play on instincts and they are well engrained and very hard to change...being told what to do in situations and changing this takes time....Carlyle knows this.....will Kadri be traded soon, who knows, but if he does it should be because it upgrades the team and no other reason.

The gif of Kessel yelling at Dion was a fake. Christ this fan base can be thick sometimes.

Gamble9

Apr 15, 2014
Bowmanville, Ontario
all the players that had issues with Dion were underperforming Maybe he was calling them out attempting to get them going light a fire no one knows but lets not act like Aulie Schen Clarkson and Versteeg were working out and Big mean Dion made them feel uncomfortable and their play dropped off they were playing like garbage Dion got into it with them they continued to do so and then where moved Clarkson the exception

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
It's so hilarious how some of you guys think you're a fly on the wall in the dressing room. As if you have ANY idea what happens in that locker room or between players and coaches/other players.

Don't need to be a fly on the wall to put one and one together. And Keenan confirmed Dion was trouble in Calgary. No problem for Keenan since he kind of like trouble makers. But I guess Sutter did mind. Mmmm I wonder what Sutter have been up to lately. And it been a while since I heard anything about Keenan.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=345780

And Warrener was interviewed about Dion and spilled the beans. Was a thread about on HF, have a read for your self. The link to the radio interview have since been broken but the summary and contend of what was said is there in the post.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=874977

And it is no surprise that Dion as the new captain does not even show up to one of two dinner parties held to honor the former captain. He just does not want to listen to any other players or get advice.
The lack of leadership within the team suits him perfectly. He does not want any older players around telling him what to do. He wants to be THE guy who change the music and have a bunch of weak minded guys around him that he can boss around and make fun of. He is simply a jerk, a very cocky jerk. But he is also a kiss ass towards management. He also always show up and train hard so they all love him and see that as leadership. I mean, I have seen some really big jerks being committed in the gym before but that does not mean I think they are good guys. "Oh look at Dion riding that bike, such a warrior." That he is a wimp out on the ice is a different matter because he is one of those guys who always manage to come up with an excuse. I at times wonder what his wife who seems like a nice person see in him but then I remember who she used to date before.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
It was cut that way to deceive people.

It was?

Seemed legit to me. Same people in the background behind Kessel. Does not have to mean it is from the same shift but well done if it is fake. He even managed to make the commentator sound match the clip. Good work. So a Boston fan did this because?

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Don't need to be a fly on the wall to put one and one together. And Keenan confirmed Dion was trouble in Calgary. No problem for Keenan since he kind of like trouble makers. But I guess Sutter did mind. Mmmm I wonder what Sutter have been up to lately. And it been a while since I heard anything about Keenan.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=345780

And Warrener was interviewed about Dion and spilled the beans. Was a thread about on HF, have a read for your self. The link to the radio interview have since been broken but the summary and contend of what was said is there in the post.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=874977

And it is no surprise that Dion as the new captain does not even show up to one of two dinner parties held to honor the former captain. He just does not want to listen to any other players or get advice.
The lack of leadership within the team suits him perfectly. He does not want any older players around telling him what to do. He wants to be THE guy who change the music and have a bunch of weak minded guys around him that he can boss around and make fun of. He is simply a jerk, a very cocky jerk. But he is also a kiss ass towards management. He also always show up and train hard so they all love him and see that as leadership. I mean, I have seen some really big jerks being committed in the gym before but that does not mean I think they are good guys. "Oh look at Dion riding that bike, such a warrior." That he is a wimp out on the ice is a different matter because he is one of those guys who always manage to come up with an excuse. I at times wonder what his wife who seems like a nice person see in him but then I remember who she used to date before.

When did I mention the Calgary Flames' dressing room? These are the Leafs boards, right?

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
This city is poisonous to play in because fans take a couple interviews and extrapolate them. The fact that Dion hasn't gone running and handles the mouth breathers in stride is a wonder in itself. Many MANY people (players are human beings) would get the heck out of dodge and I wouldn't blame them. Constant character assassination is tough to take.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
When do we question their character? How many former teammates has Dion thrown under a bus again?

Actually... how many former NHL employees have thrown anyone under the bus?

Are Dions teammates lying when they say he's a great captain?

You are not answering my question. Do you think they lied in their interviews about Dion creating trouble?

And follow up question, if he creates trouble in one locker room, is it possible he create trouble in another?
When Aulie gets traded after rumors that he and Dion did not get along. And then Schenn gets traded after rumors that he and Dion did not get along. You start to wonder what the problem with Dion is. And the rumors started before those guys was traded so it is not as if people claim they heard thing afterward. And you can add Versteeg to that group to.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
When do we question their character? How many former teammates has Dion thrown under a bus again?

Actually... how many former NHL employees have thrown anyone under the bus?

Are Dions teammates lying when they say he's a great captain?

I think you must find a quote for that one. I watched 24/7 and heard a lot of DRW players praising Z for being such a good leader. Did not hear anything about our boys saying Dion was one to.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You are not answering my question. Do you think they lied in their interviews about Dion creating trouble?

And follow up question, if he creates trouble in one locker room, is it possible he create trouble in another?
When Aulie gets traded after rumors that he and Dion did not get along. And then Schenn gets traded after rumors that he and Dion did not get along. You start to wonder what the problem with Dion is. And the rumors started before those guys was traded so it is not as if people claim they heard thing afterward. And you can add Versteeg to that group to.

What trouble did he create in Calgary? Sounds like Keenan loved him.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
This city is poisonous to play in because fans take a couple interviews and extrapolate them. The fact that Dion hasn't gone running and handles the mouth breathers in stride is a wonder in itself. Many MANY people (players are human beings) would get the heck out of dodge and I wouldn't blame them. Constant character assassination is tough to take.

Hasn't gone running? He have refused to speak to the media several times after being being a clown on the ice. He can just not stand up for him self and admit he made a mistake. The Dion way is calling in to a radio show a day or two later and explain that he was "to emotional".

Get rid of him. He is a cancer.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
What trouble did he create in Calgary? Sounds like Keenan loved him.

Who Keenan loves or dont love is not the question here. It is that Keenan confirmed that Dion Phaneuf did not get along with his teammates in Calgary and was traded by Sutter because of it.

And does a leopard change his spots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad