TSN: Rumours of Kadri and Gardiner as trade bait won't go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForSpareParts*

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=451837

Best Quote:

"The players who start the 2014-'15 NHL season are likely to be much different from those who ended this disappointing regular season. Along with Kadri, defenceman Jake Gardiner has been the other big name mentioned in reports of whom the Leafs could trade this summer.

Gardiner is at the world championships playing for the United States, but Rielly said Saturday he hadn't talked to his Leafs roommate about the news. No doubt it'll be a major topic of conversation once they cross paths here."

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Wouldn't be surprised if we traded them for a broken down Ryan Kesler and he ends up playing 3 injury riddled years for us before retiring or some unluck accursed garbage. :laugh:

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Nonis won't be dumb enough to move our young players for vets. He stated this many times.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Nonis won't be dumb enough to move our young players for vets. He stated this many times.

ya till nonis gets told his sorry azz is on the line .......hopefully its up to shanny ,nonis sounded like he was almost crying in that conference call ......kinda like a chump

beer123

Nov 15, 2009
Kadri, Gardiner and this year's 8th could land a true young first line center if another team has an abundance of first line centers...

I, along with many, would love Ryan Johansen.

jughead42*

Our young players suck, so I have no issues whatsoever with trading them for a slightly older version that can actually play. I know all the HF crybabies will lose their minds over a "prospect" like (5th year pro) Nazem Kadri getting shipped out because he still has the potential to score 200 points in a season and end world poverty, but its for the best.

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
Kadri, Gardiner and this year's 8th could land a true young first line center if another team has an abundance of first line centers...

I, along with many, would love Ryan Johansen.

I don't think we'd see a deal like that.

IMO we'd be using Kadri and Gardiner to upgrade to a C who better suits the current state/style of the team, and a dman that can be paired with Phaneuf or better suit our desired style of play, whatever that may be.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Rumors won't go away?

The article just re-hashed a trade deadline rumor (of which there's always many).

Most of it is talking about the coaching.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Depending on the return of course, this would probably be a huge mistake. We aren't going to get the type of return that brings us out ahead without giving up picks to go with it.

mikebel111*

Our young players suck, so I have no issues whatsoever with trading them for a slightly older version that can actually play. I know all the HF crybabies will lose their minds over a "prospect" like (5th year pro) Nazem Kadri getting shipped out because he still has the potential to score 200 points in a season and end world poverty, but its for the best.

Nice way to fabricate things. No one has ever said that.
I guess you thought the elite player Frattin would score 50 goals.

member 147413

Don't trade Gards FFS, he's our best defenseman, Phanuef is ****ing trash, this is so ****ing stupid. **** YOU NONIS, **** YOU SHANNY AND **** YOU CARLYLE!

ForSpareParts*

trade kadri and gardiner for the number 1 pick and draft Bennett.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If Leafs can still sell to teams Kadri still has potential to perhaps be A Ribeiro type Center of some use, then they should. Leafs need better young players, and Gardiner and Kadri as multiple reports suggest are the most likely chips Nonis has to address this.

This should be Hardly news.

mikebel111*

This managment is pretty dumb IMO.
Unless the return is great, you dont trade these guys. Unless they love the Dave Bollands of the world
This isnt news anyways.
Move on

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
If Leafs can still sell to teams Kadri still has potential to perhaps be A Ribeiro type Center of some use, then they should. Leafs need better young players, and Gardiner and Kadri as multiple reports suggest are the most likely chips Nonis has to address this.

This should be Hardly news.

Trade Bozak first imo

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This managment is pretty dumb IMO.
Unless the return is great, you dont trade these guys. Unless they love the Dave Bollands of the world
This isnt news anyways.
Move on

So Management investigating possible player moves to improve the team is 'dumb'? Especially when you don't even know what the return is.

I would trade any player on this team if it improves the win/loss column. Are Leafs fans satisfied with a losing brand of hockey…

mikebel111*

So Management investigating possible player moves to improve the team is 'dumb'? Especially when you don't even know what the return is.

I would trade any player on this team if it improves the win/loss column. Are Leafs fans satisfied with a losing brand of hockey…
Yeah thats what I said :laugh:
Of course you look at the market and see what you can get back, its what a GM is supposed to do.
What I said was if the return isnt solid, you keep them. Its sad though some want to see them moved at all costs

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Lets not stop here, Phaneuf and Lupul need to go and bring in some leadership and players willing to back-check and block shots.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012

And as always in leafs nation the blame somehow lands on two of the youngest roster players? The rumors should be about moving Bozak, Franson and maybe even Dion. Either way, as they have proven to be in the past, the rumors are likley bull ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad