TSN: Rumours of Kadri and Gardiner as trade bait won't go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Top 4 defender doesn't have to mean Gio or Phaneuf.

4th. overall and #3/#4 defender
versus
8th. overall and #2/#3 defender
?

Brodie and #4 > Gardiner and #8.

I think Florida means experienced.
They have a Gardiner in Kulikov.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Not to mention that a mobile defense is becoming more and more prevalent in today's game.

But as we all know Dinosaur-head Randy prefers his "gritty and physical" D-men instead :shakehead:shakehead

Who are the gritty physical D-men you're referring to that Randy is over using?

Durkin67

Who else has heard 8th OA, Kadri and Phaneuf to FLA for Jovo-cop and the first?

Thoughts? I dont love this.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Who else has heard 8th OA, Kadri and Phaneuf to FLA for Jovo-cop and the first?

Thoughts? I dont love this.

This is Berger hoping they do something ridiculous like this so he has something to ***** about for the next 10 years and feel relevant again, if he ever was.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What did Kyper said? He never said what you are insinuating that he said…

It was on SportsCentral.

Kypreos said that there is some friction between the Leafs and guys like Joffrey Lupul or Nazem Kadri, but not with Dion Phaneuf.

Here is the transcript.

He also said this about Phaneuf.

Nick Kypreos: ”There are teams desperate for guys like Phaneuf. He’s been taking an uncalled for beating by the fans in Toronto” … ”If you put Dion in the right circumstances and put him around the right guys I think he can thrive” … ”I think it’s going to take time to make a deal like this for Phaneuf.”

http://mynhltraderumors.com/2014/05...-maclean-on-the-maple-leafs-and-dion-phaneuf/

Eakins and Wilson comments about Naz are funny because neither are still part of the organization...funny how that worked out. While you brought it up did those two not think that Naz was a winger and played him as such and then Randy decided to play Naz in the middle and bang we have a legit offensive producing player.....it is funny how that works out. Carlyle's comments regarding Naz were never that he did not listen.....never, he said that he needs to learn what to do in situations.....he said the same things about Rielly. Carlyle has also praised Naz for taking his comments to him to heart and making changes.

I asked you what Vets should Gardiner and Kadri listen to? The Leafs are void of leaders who can assist young players.....guess who talked to Rielly about the Leafs and the media and how to handle it.....None other than Kadri.....just who is showing leadership on the Leafs?

Dion, as I said, a former player I exchange tweets with said Dion is a good leader, he is not the problem in the room. But he cannot do it himself. I recall Kadri has rubbed him the wrong way before when he first made the big team. Kadri is not one to listen. It's no secret he is still a work in progress, are you going to deny this? He's 3 years away from UFA status, that's a very short time for a young veteran.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Kyper didn't say the Leafs weren't happy with Kadri and Lupul.

He said the problems in the dressing room don't revolve around Phaneuf, but rather guys like Kadri and Lupul.

To be accurate, Kyper said there was some friction between the Leafs with Kadri or Lupul.

Now unless friction is a new complimentary word I am not aware of, this can be viewed as not being a good thing for either player I surmise.

Auston Matthews

Maple Leafs.
Dec 6, 2010
Mississauga
This is Berger hoping they do something ridiculous like this so he has something to ***** about for the next 10 years and feel relevant again, if he ever was.

Now that I think about it all we would be doing is replacing Kadri with their first overall pick, losing the 8th overall pick, and downgrading our defence, granted Phaneuf has been ass, he can't be worse than Jovanovski

Durkin67

Who else has heard this? Why people that listen to people that like to talk hockey but don't know much about hockey of course.

I saw the following in my facebook feed. I live in Africa 7 months a year and I dont listen regularly to local Toronto media. Im simply asking if these rumours are widespread, as the following suggests:

RUMOR: Toronto media is reporting that the #Leafs & #Panthers might have a blockbuster deal in place. According to reporters, Maple Leafs would trade Dion Phaneuf, Nazem Kadri and their first-round pick, eighth overall to Florida for veteran Ed Jovanovski and the No. 1 overall selection in the 2014 #NHLDraft.

mikebel111*

It was on SportsCentral.

Here is the transcript.

http://mynhltraderumors.com/2014/05...-maclean-on-the-maple-leafs-and-dion-phaneuf/

Eakins and Wilson comments about Naz are funny because neither are still part of the organization...funny how that worked out. While you brought it up did those two not think that Naz was a winger and played him as such and then Randy decided to play Naz in the middle and bang we have a legit offensive producing player.....it is funny how that works out. Carlyle's comments regarding Naz were never that he did not listen.....never, he said that he needs to learn what to do in situations.....he said the same things about Rielly. Carlyle has also praised Naz for taking his comments to him to heart and making changes.

Dion, as I said, a former player I exchange tweets with said Dion is a good leader, he is not the problem in the room. But he cannot do it himself. I recall Kadri has rubbed him the wrong way before when he first made the big team. Kadri is not one to listen. It's no secret he is still a work in progress, are you going to deny this? He's 3 years away from UFA status, that's a very short time for a young veteran.

I agree, Bozak wasn't listening all these years either until he had his great season this year

Bunch of garbage Kadri doesn't listen

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.
I saw the following in my facebook feed. I live in Africa 7 months a year and I dont listen regularly to local Toronto media. Im simply asking if these rumours are widespread, as the following suggests:

RUMOR: Toronto media is reporting that the #Leafs & #Panthers might have a blockbuster deal in place. According to reporters, Maple Leafs would trade Dion Phaneuf, Nazem Kadri and their first-round pick, eighth overall to Florida for veteran Ed Jovanovski and the No. 1 overall selection in the 2014 #NHLDraft.

Perhaps the best thing about living in Africa would be that you are far removed from the Toronto media. But hey, this deal is so decidedly bad for the Leafs that it could be true. If the Leafs are serious about McDavid, this should do the trick.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
It was on SportsCentral.

Here is the transcript.

I will only address the bold part.....that is pure BS.....and he is not thought of as a good leader....by players...I explained this all to you and it was clearly shown on TV with Kessel and him leaving the ice while a team mate was on the ice waiting for a stretcher.....Kadri not getting along with Dion is not a surprise.....it is a long list of players that do not!

A tweeter quote from a person who admits that he does not remember the quote....wow what proof!

Last edited:

Purity*

Jan 29, 2010
Who are the gritty physical D-men you're referring to that Randy is over using?

Weren't you around when Randy decided it was better to use Mike Kostka and Holzer instead of Gardiner and Liles? It was hilarious, because he was planning on having Gardiner scratched in the playoffs in favor of Mike Kostka before he got hurt, and guess who was our best palyer that series???

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I will only address the bold part.....that is pure BS.....and he is not thought of as a good leader....by players...I explained this all to you and it was clearly shown on TV with Kessel and him leaving the ice while a team mate was on the ice waiting for a stretcher.....Kadri not getting along with Dion is not a surprise.....it is a long list of players that do not!

A tweeter quote from a person who admits that he does not remember the quote....wow what proof!

Kane infamously screamed at Towes on the ice for not passing him the puck, it happens far more often in hockey than to the casual observer, you should know this. You are involved in hockey. Kessel yelling at Dion was blown out of proportion. You can believe me or not, but a player that was in the room with Dion in Calgary, private msg me, Dion is a good team player, he is a leader but he is not a player that can lead by himself. He needs help here.

Kadri is not a good listener, or he listens and he doesn't apply it to the ice. He is stubborn. He is a talent, we know this because we both agreed he would be an upgrade to Grabovski for the 12-13 season. However, Ever since Cherry kissed him his play has been complacent. This is a contract year for him, perhaps this will spur him on.

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
Kane infamously screamed at Towes on the ice for not passing him the puck, it happens far more often in hockey than to the casual observer, you should know this. You are involved in hockey. Kessel yelling at Dion was blown out of proportion. You can believe me or not, but a player that was in the room with Dion in Calgary, private msg me, Dion is a good team player, he is a leader but he is not a player that can lead by himself. He needs help here.

Kadri is not a good listener, or he listens and he doesn't apply it to the ice. He is stubborn. He is a talent, we know this because we both agreed he would be an upgrade to Grabovski for the 12-13 season. However, Ever since Cherry kissed him his play has been complacent. This is a contract year for him, perhaps this will spur him on.

Spur him on to have a good season then get a big pay day and revert back to what we have seen? I think Kadri could be a hell of a player but I have no problems moving him out for help either in a bigger package or straight swap of young players.

PS that trade is horrid. FLD gets the 8th ov, Kadri and Dion? jesus, Toronto can't afford to give up assets like this.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Weren't you around when Randy decided it was better to use Mike Kostka and Holzer instead of Gardiner and Liles? It was hilarious, because he was planning on having Gardiner scratched in the playoffs in favor of Mike Kostka before he got hurt, and guess who was our best palyer that series???

Yea I remember that. I just never thought of Kostka as gritty and physical. :laugh:

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
So in Calgary it was Regehr, Iginla and some of the other veterans who did not get along with Dion. Dion got traded.

In Toronto it was first Aulie then Schenn that did not get along with Dion and they got traded. And now it is Kadri and Lupul. Hmmm, yeah the problem can not be Dion, he needs to be protected and supported.

I am so sick and tired of that poor excuse of a leader. I dont know what it is but he seem to fool every one all the time. Perhaps he is a kiss ass toward management, always sining their tune? He never stands up for him self, never admit guilt to anything, always blaming others and hiding when the going gets tough. But still who ever is the GM or the coach treat him like a princess.

Ship him out!

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
So in Calgary it was Regehr, Iginla and some of the other veterans who did not get along with Dion. Dion got traded.

In Toronto it was first Aulie then Schenn that did not get along with Dion and they got traded. And now it is Kadri and Lupul. Hmmm, yeah the problem can not be Dion, he needs to be protected and supported.

I am so sick and tired of that poor excuse of a leader. I dont know what it is but he seem to fool every one all the time. Perhaps he is a kiss ass toward management, always sining their tune? He never stands up for him self, never admit guilt to anything, always blaming others and hiding when the going gets tough. But still who ever is the GM or the coach treat him like a princess.

Ship him out!

Maybe they are not even remotely close to being true?

It just feels so made up and exaggerated. Just because someone from the media mentions it in passing, it really doesn't make it true, especially when it's one guy out of a hundred media reporters and insiders.

But with that said, they are human beings. If you don't think there are disagreements in a group of 20 to 23 players in different age brackets, then you're obviously not aware of a working environment. I'm sure the Hawks and any other successful teams have a lot of disagreements but in the end, they are a team and usually work together to achieve a goal.

Phaneuf had most (if not all) of his teammates at his wedding last off-season, other then Grabovski because of his own wedding. If most guys go to your wedding, it's a pretty good sign that they are a lot closer then some think.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
What's more comical?

The irrational hate of Phanuef.

OR

The stuff that's made up about him to justify the irrational hate.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Kadri is not a good listener, or he listens and he doesn't apply it to the ice. He is stubborn.

Nothing to support such statements. No facts. Just pure stuff being thrown out. It's cute really.

You could say that about pretty much the whole team right now anyway. No one listened or applied it much on the ice. It's why we were the 8th worst team and the worst defensive team.

Last edited:

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
What's more comical?

The irrational hate of Phanuef.

OR

The stuff that's made up about him to justify the irrational hate.

Well, it's all pretty funny really. Phaneuf's not that bad a player AT ALL. He's very good, in fact.

But I think he and the team would benefit from him being moved to the 2nd pairing, and him playing less minutes.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Kyper didn't say the Leafs weren't happy with Kadri and Lupul.

He said the problems in the dressing room don't revolve around Phaneuf, but rather guys like Kadri and Lupul.

Well if those guys are problems in the dressing room do you really think the Leafs will be happy with them?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Nothing to support it such statements. No facts. Just pure stuff being thrown out. It's cute really.

You could say that about pretty much the whole team right now anyway. No one listened or applied it much on the ice. It's why we were the 8th worst team and the worst defensive team.

Yep.

It is kind of tough to pee on Kessel since he did his job, and Rielly was a rookie, and Bernier had health issues, but everyone else is suspect and should be topic of discussion.

So rumours of players being trade bait should be expected.

8th. worst isn't something anyone should be proud of unless they truly are losers.

It isn't like they started a rebuild with kids 4 years ago!

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Maybe they are not even remotely close to being true?

It just feels so made up and exaggerated. Just because someone from the media mentions it in passing, it really doesn't make it true, especially when it's one guy out of a hundred media reporters and insiders.

But with that said, they are human beings. If you don't think there are disagreements in a group of 20 to 23 players in different age brackets, then you're obviously not aware of a working environment. I'm sure the Hawks and any other successful teams have a lot of disagreements but in the end, they are a team and usually work together to achieve a goal.

Phaneuf had most (if not all) of his teammates at his wedding last off-season, other then Grabovski because of his own wedding. If most guys go to your wedding, it's a pretty good sign that they are a lot closer then some think.

Anyone who lives/lived in Calgary knows there were issues here, however there are likely situations/issues in most rooms.

People might be ignorant of some stuff but when players admit on the radio there were issues, and at least one player who is now in management of the team in question states it, what fans want to believe is irrelevant.

There were rumours of a divide with the Tucker/Corson/Green clique years ago in Toronto. It was a good team, but maybe the divide hindered their play, and maybe it didn't.

However, to get back on topic, Kadri and/or Gardiner are support players not stars, they alone won't make the team a winner nor alone will they bring in a top 3 forward or 1st. pairing (young) defender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad