Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: This is the Sound of Silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
  • Speaking of Chiarelli, The Athletic’s Jeremy Rutherford reports that the former GM has been seen in the Blues’ management booth alongside St. Louis general manager Doug Armstrong. While there is no word on whether Armstrong is considering bringing Chiarelli aboard or what role he might have in St. Louis, Rutherford points out that Armstrong has a history of hiring former GMs, including Bob Gainey and Dave Tippett.
Be afraid Blues fans.....be very afraid....

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
  • Speaking of Chiarelli, The Athletic’s Jeremy Rutherford reports that the former GM has been seen in the Blues’ management booth alongside St. Louis general manager Doug Armstrong. While there is no word on whether Armstrong is considering bringing Chiarelli aboard or what role he might have in St. Louis, Rutherford points out that Armstrong has a history of hiring former GMs, including Bob Gainey and Dave Tippett.
Be afraid Blues fans.....be very afraid....
Tarasenko for Lucic. One for one.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Here's a crazy proposal:

Trade our 1st + Yamo for Subban + Sissons

Then, flip Subban for Ekblad + (or some other good young dman signed with term)

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Here's a crazy proposal:

Trade our 1st + Yamo for Subban + Sissons

Then, flip Subban for Ekblad + (or some other good young dman signed with term)

Explain that trade from Nashville's perspective

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
From main board....

Milan Lucic is one of the most fetishized players in the history of the game. If the Oilers take money back via contract or retention and are prepared to lose on assets, they will always find a taker. Reminder that last summer when the Oilers were shopping, we had heard they were looking for a hockey trade.

THAT'S what will never happen RE: Lucic: getting worthwhile assets in return.

Ryan Strome would be 6th in scoring on our team now. Sorry have I *****ed about this trade too much. Well **** you Chia.

Yeah, can't be arsed about this frankly. Strome sucked and continues to suck with borderline 3line numbers in top-6 minutes

His 30 points and dead shifts are not missed just because the Oilers have even less effective players than that.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I hope we go after Ben Lovejoy; RHD and plays a ton on the Stars PK(#5 PK). Give him a 3yr/3.5m per year

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
After watching the Ottawa game yesterday and reading what their owner had to say I think RNH would be a perfect fit for them. Young enough mature enough and decent cost. Young players need a vet that is good (opposite of what Oilers have had) and Ottawa is going to have WAY too many young guys.

I want 2 medium wingers one being Tkachuk. Or Tkachuk and a 3rd line centre. Maybe a larger deal.

Trade our 1st round pick, Lucic, possibly Nurse (must be a good return) for needs somewhere. Puljujärvi should stay unless he ends up paired with an old teammate (Aho etc.) so we can get better value. Larsson is a maybe depending what his issue is (we may not be privy to truth).

I don't think Benning is a problem (had to throw that in) .

Last edited:
Reactions: McLovin

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
After watching the Ottawa game yesterday and reading what their owner had to say I think RNH would be a perfect fit for them. Young enough mature enough and decent cost. Young players need a vet that is good (opposite of what Oilers have had)

I want 2 medium wingers one being Tkachuk. Or Tkachuk and a 3rd line centre. Maybe a larger deal.

Trade out 1st round pick, Lucic, possibly Nurse (must be a good return) for needs somewhere. Puljujärvi should stay unless he ends up paired with an old teammate (Aho etc.) so we can get better value. Larsson is a maybe depening what his issue is (we may not be privy to truth)

I love RNH, but there is no way Ottawa is trading Tkachuk, and there is no way RNH is worth Tkachuk +.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
After watching the Ottawa game yesterday and reading what their owner had to say I think RNH would be a perfect fit for them. Young enough mature enough and decent cost. Young players need a vet that is good (opposite of what Oilers have had)

Trade our 1st round pick, Lucic, possibly Nurse (must be a good return) for needs somewhere. Puljujärvi should stay unless he ends up paired with an old teammate (Aho etc.) so we can get better value. Larsson is a maybe depening what his issue is (we may not be privy to truth).

I don't think Benning is a problem (had to throw that in) .

I doubt they'd trade Tkachuk for RNH. They might offer something like Batherson + White/Tierney.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Speaking of which, Tierney is a guy I might go after. 40 points last year, on pace for 50 this year. A low end 2c. I also like White, who is an RFA this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad