Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: This is the Sound of Silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Makes lots of sense that people want to add a young, top 4, 40 point, minute eating D-man...what doesn’t make sense is that people still want to trade Nurse....
I really don't get it. Nurse has some flaws, but the major flaw with Nurse is how much time he has been given. Guy has developed this year and there is no reason to think he couldn't get better. Seems like a guy you keep and try lower his minutes so he isn't trying to do too much.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I really don't get it. Nurse has some flaws, but the major flaw with Nurse is how much time he has been given. Guy has developed this year and there is no reason to think he couldn't get better. Seems like a guy you keep and try lower his minutes so he isn't trying to do too much.
He is already playing second pairing minutes. Unless your plan is to put him on the third pairing.

I don't like Nurse, the only way I move him is if we are upgrading his spot.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

So let's play him lower and easier minutes but pay him more $?

Nurse eating up a 6mil cap hit would be Chiarelli level stooopid

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
He is already playing second pairing minutes. Unless your plan is to put him on the third pairing.

I don't like Nurse, the only way I move him is if we are upgrading his spot.
He played first pairing minutes much of the year. He's at 24 minutes a night on the year, far too much for him

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
So let's play him lower and easier minutes but pay him more $?

Nurse eating up a 6mil cap hit would be Chiarelli level stooopid
He's making 3.2mil a year. Lets play him in the proper position and see if he can develop properly and be worth that 6mil.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Lucic @ 30% retained on July 1st + Oilers 1st 2020 (pick is protected, 1st is given if the Oilers make playoffs, otherwise it becomes a 2020 2nd round pick).

NMC is modified to include Seattle as one of the teams Lucic will accept a move to (current deal already has a modified NTC to allow for trades to select teams for 21-22 season).

Actual salary becomes

2.1 mill - year 1
2.8 mill - year 2
3.5 mill - year 3
2.8 mill - year 4

2.8 mill average actual salary.

Oilers gain 4.2 million in cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad