Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: This is the Sound of Silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Just waiting for potential NCAA, CHL, CIS or Euro UFA signings.

Justin Brazeau just potted his OHL-leading 60th on the season wearing the old Centennials' silks.

Reactions: 780il and Soli

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Just waiting for potential NCAA, CHL, CIS or Euro UFA signings.

Justin Brazeau just potted his OHL-leading 60th on the season wearing the old Centennials' silks.

I have no idea on how to judge overagers - does this make him a decent overager draft candidate? Looks like he's undrafted.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Hey gang. Jerk coming in peace, working on a trade value project. How would you all rank the Oilers players by trade value (the top 7-10 or so)? Think of it this way, pick two guys and say "if I could only have one of these two guys, who would I take?" Start at the bottom and go up the list like that.

Age, contract and performance all count. No-movement clauses, value to the franchise and "untouchability" don't.

I'd probably rank your guys like this, but please let me know where I'm wrong and who I forgot. I'm trying to keep this to NHL players, so avoid guys with fewer than 40 games in the league. Thanks!

Connor McDavid, 21, $12.5m, 2026
Leon Draisaitl, 23, $8.5m, 2025

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, 25, $6m, 2021

Oscar Klefbom, 25, $4.167m, 2023
Adam Larsson, 26, $4.167m, 2021
Jesse Puljujarvi, 20, $925k, 2019
Mikko Koskinen, 30, $4.5m, 2022

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Nurse has more value than Larsson right now.
So lets get even worse defensively by trading a player you and the vast majority of "Oiler fans" hate even though he's had a great year offensively, plays a ton for the team because our defence is brutal, and is only 24 years old

Solid plan

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
So lets get even worse defensively by trading a player you and the vast majority of "Oiler fans" hate even though he's had a great year offensively, plays a ton for the team because our defence is brutal, and is only 24 years old

Solid plan

I don't know who p***** in your cereal this morning but you need to go back and look at context. I was replying simply to the value ranking of our players. Larsson was on the list. Nurse wasn't. I was simply stating that if we made a trade today, Nurse would have more value than Larsson.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I don't know who p***** in your cereal this morning but you need to go back and look at context. I was replying simply to the value ranking of our players. Larsson was on the list. Nurse wasn't. I was simply stating that if we made a trade today, Nurse would have more value than Larsson.

Don't really eat cereal :thumbu: I understand I got the context of what you said wrong. But what really grinds my gears is how Oiler "fans" want so many of our only decent players traded (Petry, etc) and then after they whine and complain about what the GM has done when its actually what they wanted before. That's how I took what you said before

Reactions: Aerrol

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
Don't really eat cereal :thumbu: I understand I got the context of what you said wrong. But what really grinds my gears is how Oiler "fans" want so many of our only decent players traded (Petry, etc) and then after they whine and complain about what the GM has done when its actually what they wanted before. That's how I took what you said before

I kind of agree with you, I would like to see these players away from someone like Hitch before I make a hasty trade.

Reactions: KYams17

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Hey gang. Jerk coming in peace, working on a trade value project. How would you all rank the Oilers players by trade value (the top 7-10 or so)? Think of it this way, pick two guys and say "if I could only have one of these two guys, who would I take?" Start at the bottom and go up the list like that.

Age, contract and performance all count. No-movement clauses, value to the franchise and "untouchability" don't.

I'd probably rank your guys like this, but please let me know where I'm wrong and who I forgot. I'm trying to keep this to NHL players, so avoid guys with fewer than 40 games in the league. Thanks!

Connor McDavid, 21, $12.5m, 2026
Leon Draisaitl, 23, $8.5m, 2025

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, 25, $6m, 2021

Oscar Klefbom, 25, $4.167m, 2023
Adam Larsson, 26, $4.167m, 2021
Jesse Puljujarvi, 20, $925k, 2019
Mikko Koskinen, 30, $4.5m, 2022
Just in terms of trade value:
McDavid
-
Drai
-
-
Klefbom
-
Nuge
Nurse
Larsson
-
-
Puljujarvi
Russell
Koskinen
-
Kassian

While you might think Drai would be closer to McDavid given the salary difference relative to the points difference, just the cache of being the best player in the NHL, gives him that insane valuation especially to teams who have trouble getting people into the arena. Drai might get nicked a bit for playing so much with McDavid and not spending as much time at C, but his point totals, youth, big frame, and contract should give him tremendous value.

Klef is probably the best value contract on the Oilers, best/most impactful d=man on the team, his analytics have traditionally been good so I'm sure teams analytics departments would chime in to go for him.

The Nuge, Nurse, Larsson cluster fit the trade valuation of a 1st round pick, a good, but not great prospect, and a semi-useful warm body thrown in. Roughly the same valuation of the Mike Comrie trade, Dustin Penner trade, or a pending UFA Ryan Smyth.

The Pulju, Russell, Koskinen bracket are in the general ball park of 2nd round pick territory.

Kassian is in 3rd/4th round pick territory valuation and seems to be the most coveted of our mixture of bottom 6 grinders.

------------------------------------------------------
That's just my opinion on how the league values our guys, I personally value Sekera over a number of those guys, but has probably been injured for too long to redeem his prior value, and Khaira I'm guessing has some latent potential to break out into a Zack Smith/ Justin Abdelkader kind of level when he's a bit older (hopefully extending his peak longer than those two).

Reactions: My Special Purpose

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Nurse has more value than Larsson right now.

Has had for two seasons and counting.

Larsson is currently one of the worst D we have in the lineup.

Taylor Hall must be laughing his ass off at how bad this fool he was traded for is playing. Lets just say Hall knows completely that not only did he think that trade was bogus horseshit but that everybody does. After the sting he's probably glad to be gone from here.

Reactions: MikeYEG

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
We gave up a better dman in Petry for peanuts while trading away a franchise forward for Larsson. You can't make this **** up!
They realized the value of Petry and tried to retain him, but MacT screwed it up and peeved him off. The Oilers didn't want to overpay so he left.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Adam Larsson has like close to zero value.

Contractually it would be hard to even move this contract right now if we wanted to. Player that has been horrible now for two seasons, is -20, and if he was moping anymore his chin would be hitting the ice. Does this guy now hate hockey or something?

I know it was going to be difficult for this nothing to even attempt to fill Taylor Halls boots but its why any credible org DOES NOT make a move so absolutely stupid.

lmao that Hitchcock threw shade yesterday saying that Absolutely Sekera and Benning were the best D pair we have now and that its a huge problem and one the team is looking at.

Meanwhile, in their own fat heads Larsson and Klefbom figure they are allstars. Kind of tired of the attitude of both of them. They both score like 3-5 goals a year and act like Ovechkin anytime they do. Really thinking these guys are just lazy fatcats at this point.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Has had for two seasons and counting.

Larsson is currently one of the worst D we have in the lineup.

Taylor Hall must be laughing his ass off at how bad this fool he was traded for is playing. Lets just say Hall knows completely that not only did he think that trade was bogus horse**** but that everybody does. After the sting he's probably glad to be gone from here.

laughing his a** off in his old familiar IR bin.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I have no idea on how to judge overagers - does this make him a decent overager draft candidate? Looks like he's undrafted.
He's a UFA. They're tough to gauge because at 21 they should be dominating their competition. This guy is just doing it better than anyone else in the league. He runs the entire offense for the Battalion.

It's difficult to see how that skill translates in pro hockey, but the kid has some impressive tools. It just depends on how much he can improve his skating over the next two seasons. As you saw there, it isn't pretty.

Reactions: Aerrol

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Contractuall it would be hard to even move this contract right now if we wanted to. Player that has been horrible now for two seasons, is -20, and if he was moping anymore his chin would be hitting the ice. Does this guy now hate hockey or something?

I know it was going to be difficult for this nothing to even attempt to fill Taylor Halls boots but its why any credible org DOES NOT make a move so absolutely stupid.

lmao that Hitchcock threw shade yesterday saying that Absolutely Sekera and Benning were the best D pair we have now and that its a huge problem and one the team is looking at.

Meanwhile, in their own fat heads Larsson and Klefbom figure they are allstars. Kind of tired of the attitude of both of them. They both score like 3-5 goals a year and act like Ovechkin anytime they do. Really thinking these guys are just lazy fatcats at this point.
Bolded is one of the dumbest things you have ever posted.

Oct 15, 2017
Joe will
Been assistant gm of sharks for years and has been Born an bred in western conference in management for 20+ years. Is he a candidate???

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Solid plan
Lol :laugh:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Solid plan
Not only that, once he’s traded hfoil will complain about him being traded!

Reactions: KYams17

WIOiler

Apr 19, 2017
I've been watching a lot of the Coyotes lately. Does anyone think there's a chance to trade for Kuemper once Raanta is healthy? I love the way this guy fights.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Nurse has the most value of any of our D.

Klfebom is the most over rated player on the Oilers. We have to upgrade him this year for a true 1st pairing RH D. Would love to trade Klefbom for Buff.

Nurse Buff
Sekera Larsson
Russel Bouchard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad