Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: This is the Sound of Silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Where are you fitting all those big salaries in? And who’s moving out to obtain them? “Dumping” Looch and Russell? Not sure what that means or how you plan on doing it. This isn’t one of your computer games.

As for dumping Kassian, why would you want to do that?

11 going out? I guess.

I think the point is more that its a bubble team for a year or two.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
We’ll need to reload in steps.

With the D coming up through the system, and Bouchard in a top 4 role in another year, defense can be tabled.

We need 2-3 NHL wingers to give Connor, Leon and Nuge some help. It’s the surest path to the postseason. Gagner, Khaira and Cave are three good options for the bottom six.

Need to cut cap to get it done. Trading Lucic would be best, but a buyout may be needed, dump Kassian and see if we can get back anything of value for Sekera or Russell when their NMCs downgrade but both may be movable for assets next deadline and are needed to hold the fort until the kids are ready.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
Well take this with a grain of salt. Lucic gone and Hall back lmao.

a73033f1-a078-4dde-b77d-e81b9e5e77ea.png

Last edited:

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Well take this with a grain of salt. Lucic gone and Hall back lmao.

a73033f1-a078-4dde-b77d-e81b9e5e77ea.png

Man I hope this has a thread of truth

What's weird is about a month back some skippy I was talking to about hockey, claimed to have a source/friend in NJ. He literally said Hall is gonna be traded and they aren't happy with his attitude. Take that for what it's worth

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Imagine if Hall and Eberle came back at a discount to win. Holy carp would we score!
McDavid
Draisaitl
Hall
Nuge
Eberle
Gagner

Toss in cheap Maroon and Chaisson.
Hendrix for water boy (this seems to be a real need)
Just need Yak back to be their whipping boy:)

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Imagine if Hall and Eberle came back at a discount to win. Holy carp would we score!
McDavid
Draisaitl
Hall
Nuge
Eberle
Gagner

Toss in cheap Maroon and Chaisson.
Hendrix for water boy (this seems to be a real need)
Just need Yak back to be their whipping boy:)

We've already got Reider though? lol

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Man I hope this has a thread of truth

What's weird is about a month back some skippy I was talking to about hockey, claimed to have a source/friend in NJ. He literally said Hall is gonna be traded and they aren't happy with his attitude. Take that for what it's worth

So let's say that we bring him back and he is a head case. Who keeps him in check? Connor? Nurse? Drai?

His on ice contributions would be huge when he's healthy, there's no denying that.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Here is where this insider crap is bull shit because this would be tampering and a massive massive kick to the Oilers head. Loss of a first round draft pick and a 7 figure fine just for starters.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Here is where this insider crap is bull **** because this would be tampering and a massive massive kick to the Oilers head. Loss of a first round draft pick and a 7 figure fine just for starters.

Players talk amongst each other. If Panarin and Bob sign in Fla is it because they tampered or because they talked to other players and told them of their interest.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Players talk amongst each other. If Panarin and Bob sign in Fla is it because they tampered or because they talked to other players and told them of their interest.

True but this info is not written as heard from a player but from management. It is strictly verboten for anyone in a rival organization to discuss another teams players future plans. It is a bridge none will cross especially to a wanna be insider twitter blogger. The penalties are so punitive as to prevent even the slightest discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad