Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: The Calm Before The Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The KHL is nothing like the NHL. The pace is significantly slower. I'm not sure what benefit would be here other than Puljujarvi gaining some confidence if he can be a productive player. Don't see him being able to develop things like reading the play any better in the KHL.
This is kinda huge though. Especially coming off surgery. The guy should be in the AHL developing as it is, but can't be. Him playing in a lessor league getting confidence back and back to 100% isn't a bad thing IMO.

I don't know how accurate that is. I remember hearing similar things, but it was kinda denied at the time. I don't know that the actual package was ever really confirmed.

Reactions: RebuildTheRebuild

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Chia is dumb. Does not surprise me if this was being discussed.
If it was that bad for us, why did Boston not do it? Krug has questions marks on his overall game and is a UFA next year.

The true deals rarely seem to ever come out. There was a nice article years ago where Burke opened up about the Pronger and Smyth trade, but that was really the first time I ever saw anyone credible give a journal to what was going on behind the scenes.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
Well, remember that he did trade Hall for Larsson straight up, so I wouldn't put this past him.

Reactions: frag2

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
If it was that bad for us, why did Boston not do it? Krug has questions marks on his overall game and is a UFA next year.

The true deals rarely seem to ever come out. There was a nice article years ago where Burke opened up about the Pronger and Smyth trade, but that was really the first time I ever saw anyone credible give a journal to what was going on behind the scenes.

Deal was nixed by ownership and BN.

See also: Texts to the owner complaining about the GM.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
There was a ton of smoke about Boston and Edmonton last year, and I remember these rumors. What's always hard to parse is how much of this is just 2 teams discussing possibilities, rather than a hard deal that was 10 minutes from going through.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Yeah. I'm going to question the sources in there.

Chia was dumb, but he wasn't borderline brain dead.

The writer clarified in a tweet that there was something else coming back from Boston, but it couldn't have been much.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
No, refresh my memory.
maxresdefault.jpg

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Yeah. I'm going to question the sources in there.

Chia was dumb, but he wasn't borderline brain dead.
Not that brain dead? There is a whole lot of evidence to the contrary and I wouldn’t doubt this ragged arse disgusting deal wasnt almost consummated.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
That article forgot to mention the part where Debrusk was part of the trade return.

Where was that cited? There were rumours of a trade involving Debrusk and Krug in December last year, but that was for RNH.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Where was that cited?
Common sense.

I remember the rumours being 'cited' by Jimmy Murphy regarding this trade. The 10th was never a part of it. This is nothing more than an unsubstantiated clickbait article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad