Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: The Calm Before The Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Roslovic is really interesting. The fact they're likely shopping Mathieu Perreault as well makes me wonder if there's a bigger deal that could be had there.

He may have requested a trade at one point but the Jets aren’t going to trade him right now. They need inexpensive talent.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I'd hate trading Jones but with our organizational strength at LHD I think I would do it.
I think at this point pending we are planning on keeping Nurse, Klef, Larsson, and Sekera (Holland mentioned him as a good mentor for the young guys) it is getting to the point where we will need to move 1-2 of Jones, Bear, and Lagesson. They lose waivers exemption at the end of this year and pending we can agree that Bouchard will likely displace all of our other D prospects we really don't have much room to keep more than one from those three. Well that is unless we trade one of our current top D to open up a spot long term but that doesn't make much sense.

The Roslovic trade makes a ton of sense.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
JP and 8th overall for Minnesota s 12 and Spurgeon.
I think you may be able to land Spurgeon without throwing in the 1st.

Russell + Bear + 2nd

May need another decent prospect in there i.e Yamo or Puljujarvi but I think that would be a good starting place seeing as Fenton seems all over the map on player values.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I can’t remember who said it but it was fairly recent - didn’t Benning and his staff seriously discuss an Eriksson/Lucic swap a little while ago?

I think there’s smoke there.
Gregor and Bob McKenzie both brought up there were internal meetings within Vancouver management about it in April to early May which was before I believe Eriksson made comments about Green which threw more gas on the fire.

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
Jones is a tough player to move IMO. He is a young cheap dman thats NHL ready....I wouldnt be so quick to move a player like that especially for an unproven forward.
Moving Jones would be a bad idea going forward imo. You trade your most NHL ready young D for what? An unproven Roslovic? There sure are better options somewhere else to explore.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Moving Jones would be a bad idea going forward imo. You trade your most NHL ready young D for what? An unproven Roslovic? There sure are better options somewhere else to explore.
Roslovic imo is a better player than Jones is at the moment. I'd argue Lagesson is more NHL ready than Jones too. Wouldn't want to move Jones but Roslovic was putting up good numbers while playing 4th line minutes

Reactions: M Ace

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

I agree.
I am actually quite high on Jones. I think he has a legit chance to be a top 4 dman....more importantly he is a player that was developed internally. He has a lot of value to the Oilers.
Thats the way to successfully navigate the Cap era IMO. Develop your own young players and utilize their cheap entry level deals (and even bridge deals) for as long as possible.
So if the Oilers do deal him then the return had better be much more than an unproven player like Roslovic.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Roslovic imo is a better player than Jones is at the moment. I'd argue Lagesson is more NHL ready than Jones too. Wouldn't want to move Jones but Roslovic was putting up good numbers while playing 4th line minutes

Jone will get you a hell of a lot better forward then Roslovic. If he’s being traded then a proven winger is coming back from a cash strapped team like Toronto. Most likely a guy like Kapanen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad