Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: The Calm Before The Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

If true, this might be the best thing for him. Give him some playing time and some confidence.

The fact that he needs waivers and he hasnt shown the ability to play in the NHL makes this probably the best thing for him.

Still kind of a sad story though.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Did anything more ever come out about Karlssons and Hoffmans wife? The way its kind of died makes me wonder if Hoffman and his wife/gf were more innocent than media claimed.
when the evidence was presented it wasnt nearly enough. in fact there was counter evidence that Karlssons were not innocent themselves and it was swept under the media rug by the nhlpa

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Puljujarvi is still under contract until July 1 just like any other player in the NHL.

He can't sign with any team on earth that isn't the Oilers until that date because of the transfer agreements.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
They can't technically sign a contract, but they can agree to terms.

Jokerit could announce that which is basically the same thing.

Is there precedent for something like this?

I imagine you're right though. Even if it's a faux pas what are the Oilers gonna do? Sue the KHL?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Honestly the more I think Puljujarvi spending a year "growth" back home might be perfect for both the organization and the player.
That like...9/10 does nothing for the player and org. If he is going to go back home, you trade him and wish him the best.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Honestly the more I think Puljujarvi spending a year "growth" back home might be perfect for both the organization and the player.

I agree, when I read that I thought a year back there would do good, if he lights it up that only helps his value which is pretty low right now.

If they do try to move him you either package him with a pick, or get a similarity struggling player

A player I would target is Robby Fabri in St Louis. Has hardly player this playoffs or in the season as much more then depth. Had a major injury and didn’t have much training time last offseason. Isn’t far off being a legit player in the NHL, still relatively young.

I think if he gets a full offseason to train this year and come in healthy for the first time in a couple years he goes back to a 40-50 point player

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

When has that ever panned out for a struggling player? Radulov was not the exception, as he was an impactful player and left for entirely different reasons

JP bolting over seas would be a death sentence on his NHL career and a major blow to the already little value he has for the Oil

Reactions: booyakasha

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
When has that ever panned out for a struggling player? Radulov was not the exception, as he was an impactful player and left for entirely different reasons

JP bolting over seas would be a death sentence on his NHL career and a major blow to the already little value he has for the Oil
Dadonov?

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
That like...9/10 does nothing for the player and org. If he is going to go back home, you trade him and wish him the best.
Yeah that's about how I see it as well, or the about the latter part of your statement.

You seem to have some issues with the KHL, so it's going to be one of those things I take with a grain of salt with you.

Like Raab and his "thoughts" on Nurse.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
The KHL is nothing like the NHL. The pace is significantly slower. I'm not sure what benefit would be here other than Puljujarvi gaining some confidence if he can be a productive player. Don't see him being able to develop things like reading the play any better in the KHL.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad