Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Lucic + Jones + 1st for Tank??

Maybe Bouchard instead of Jones??

It’d probably take more than that. As good as Jones has been, he probably just gets rid of Lucic.

Can we please get a real pp Dman that can move the puck first? This team has been lacking that forever. I know we need wingers bad but let’s try and build from the D out first for once....

Hard pass for me. A “real pp dman” is a lot smaller upgrade than a top 6 winger

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
It's hilarious that people can simultaneously see the type of players Chiarelli has historically moved 1st rounders for and think that he's going to swing a deal for an elite 1st liner like Tarasenko or Stone signed to an extension.

I'm really curious where Stauffer thinks the money to add a legit top 6 forward with term is going to come from considering we're already over the cap and using LTIR money to ice a full roster.

Reactions: Aerrol and Yeah15

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
The ‘19 first, Yama and Manning for Tank and Gunnarson? Toss in a fella like Starrett perhaps?

Gun will be a rental, but an obvious upgrade on Manning, and if they can re-up him for a year, he could be the solid veteran rock on the bottom pairing with Booch.

herestohoping

Nov 14, 2009
The ‘19 first, Yama and Manning for Tank and Gunnarson? Toss in a fella like Starrett perhaps?

Gun will be a rental, but an obvious upgrade on Manning, and if they can re-up him for a year, he could be the solid veteran rock on the bottom pairing with Booch.

Not enough salary moving out

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012

Sure but why would the Blues do that?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

The Oilers don't have the cap space to add Tarasenko, not for this season and not going forward. Not without somehow magically getting rid of a tonne of wasted cap.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Today we have national media members tweeting tha McDavid needs to get out of edmonton

Why are they saying that? Because no one “defended” him last game? First they bend over backward to justify Lindholm’s hit and then decide it’s something that he should have been defended for, which Gambardella did try to do until spot picker Getzlaf stepped in.

Edited to add...just saw it was in response to the lineup for tonight. He can f*** off.

Anyways, it’s actually Chia’s time to get out of Edmonton.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
The Oilers don't have the cap space to add Tarasenko, not for this season and not going forward. Not without somehow magically getting rid of a tonne of wasted cap.

We need to move out a ton of cap either way. May as well do it to bring in a guy who can score 40 goals

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
People have awfully high expectations for what we'd get back for our 1st, I don't think that fetches you a Tarasenko or a Stone and I certainly don't think other teams are as stupid as our GM and would be so willing to take on our cap-dumps without an even greater outpouring of assets that we really don't have to spare. When I hear talk of us shopping our 1st for offensive help up from the names that come to my mind are Gustav Nyquist and Brayden Schenn and I'd rather not go chasing after that level of help with such a flawed roster, we need to set the table for next year and start undoing the damage Chia has done to the roster instead of continuing down this path.

Reactions: Spawn

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Does anyone think we could swing Lucic for Victor Rask?

Their owner was on record during the summer about needing to greatly bolster team toughness. We would probably need to add a prospect and/or pick or something but he is a guy that maybe would be worth a shot and has a bad contract should he not return to form (which may be questionable as he nearly cut his fingers off or something) but we are going to be in that bad contract boat regardless and it would be 2 million in savings.

Rask

for

Lucic
Safin
NYI 3rd

Reactions: McWeber

Macblender

May 5, 2014
If the Winnipeg fans actually think Kyle Connor may be the cap casualty I have to say he would look unreal on Connors wing and I would definitely be willing to part with the 1st ++ pre draft.

Kyle Connor

for

2019 1st
Yammamoto
Bear

If not maybe look into Ehlers as he can fly and would be another great addition to the top line.

Would likely have to figure out a way to shed one of Lucic or Sekera for this to work.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Trade the 1st and some cap (Kassian, Manning) for Hamilton. I don’t care if hes a meanie or goes to museums. He’s a damn good player.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Fine.

But it doesn't just magically happen.

Absolutely. But you should be able to convince St Louis to take a less than great contract back as part of it because of how high Tank’s salary is. May as well kill 2 birds with 1 stone, and ditch say Spooner, while bringing in a much needed piece.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
No GM is going to give Chia a fair trade, and why would they? Chia has a history of pissing away assets. I can guarantee all other GMs are asking for Drai in any deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad