Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Seriously Chia. We need wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
continue

Rieder is an RFA after this season I believe? We can keep him if we want to.

He hasn't accrued the required age or NHL seasons to not be. He was only a UFA in the first place because the LA Kings didn't extend him a qualifying offer. It's an unusual highly specific situation.

His QO is 15% higher than his current cap hit and he's been a guy who's had dollar signs in his eyes since he turned pro. He also has a prick of an agent. Odds are he's gone next season.

I acknowledge all of these things.

I have time for the player but I'm not married to him. If he wants much more than his QO(he might) then I would have no problem with the Oilers moving on.

I’ll be shocked if he actually hits 50 points too. His PPG keeps dropping after the hot start.

His PPG entering this year was 15 points over 82 games

His last 11 games, he’s on a 29 point pace.

And look at the year

10 games - 74 point pace
20 games - 57
30 games - 57
40 games - 51

That’s a player trending down to his norm after a hot start, no matter how you look at it. Especially considering who he’s playing with. He’s their Maroon.

You can’t pay for Kapanen expecting a 50+ point guy. ~35? Sure. That’s still a piece we need. But not for Pulju and what I’m assuming will be a first or 2nd. I’d rather just give up a 2nd or 3rd for Brown who’s a similar caliber player, and has a 20 goal season under his belt

Is Chia the doctor as well as the GM ? We never get good new on the injury front or the trade front

He'll reach it by next season when we're ready to push to the playoffs again, and then he'll break something else

@McCupofOil this and my earlier post about Kapanen answers you. He had an early hot streak and hasn't proven anything so far. Plus he doesn't have any of the skills we really need in our wingers if we're paying a premium: excellent board work, great one shot scoring, or ability to carry a scoring line. Of these he's MAYBE able to carry a lesser line but I don't like his odds of doing that here. I'd rather pay that kind of price for a Hyman like player (Leafs aren't letting him go) or a Connor Brown as TheNuge says here. Don't overpay for an unproven guy.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Rieder's salery is 2 mil, so his QO just needs to match that (Same as Strome this past offseason).

I'd bring him back. He's a solid PK,'er and he keeps Drai happy, I'm okay with that. Plus I like him and Brodziak as a go-to defensive combo. I think Nuge's bounce back is somewhat due to those two being able to eat defensive starts.

The last thing I want is to go back to the days of relying on Letestu's and Caggiula's to be go-to defensive players.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Bob asking Freidman about Muzzin, Toffoli and Ceci,

I'm really scared now.

Toffoli would be a good add. Not sure what Muzzin has been like this year on the train wreck of a team the Kings have been this year. Ceci? Why do we keep circling back to this player?

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

Chia likes Ceci apparently.

I'm really scared now.

I think Bob's just filling time. Freidman speculating that Muzzin would cost more than a 1st and a prospect, because he's been great this year.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Toffoli would be a good add. Not sure what Muzzin has been like this year on the train wreck of a team the Kings have been this year. Ceci? Why do we keep circling back to this player?

Friedman said later in the interview and i put it in my ninja edit that our GM really likes Ceci so that must be why his name keeps getting tied to the Oilers.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Friedman said later in the interview and i put it in my ninja edit that our GM really likes Ceci so that must be why his name keeps getting tied to the Oilers.

5 goals and 10 points with no pp points but a terrible +/- playing 22 minutes a night.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB

I'd love Toffoli if we could offload Lucic in the deal. If not, then there's no interest.

Lucic + Pulju + 2nd/3rd

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
For those mentioning Kapanen, no way that we'd get him for Talbot and a 2nd.

Which is why I don't see Toronto trading him this year if they do. For them it makes sense to keep him since the offers will be for a 35 point guy or so. He needs to play out the year as a 50pt guy at least before they can expect to get offers worthy of that kind of player IMO.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Apparently Ceci was one of our targets when we were looking to trade Hall, maybe it'll be Draisaitl for Ceci this time. :help::help::help:

Drai right now is more valuable than Hall was when he was dealt IMO. Chia should in no way, shape or form be allowed to even discuss moving Drai or Nuge.

Chia is erect.

We could use a 2nd pairing rhd that can play on the PP while Bouchard breaks in on the 3rd pairing. That said, what's the cost?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
We could use a 2nd pairing rhd that can play on the PP while Bouchard breaks in on the 3rd pairing. That said, what's the cost?
Just because Ceci plays the minutes doesn’t mean he’s actually suited to the role.

We’ve got to stop picking up bad players and thinking they’ll be good here.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Just because Ceci plays the minutes doesn’t mean he’s actually suited to the role.

This. These kinds of moves work somewhat if you have a strong team and org and can help rebuild a player's game after pulling them out of a bad situation. We ARE the bad situation. We need to stop imagining guys will magically rebuild their game here, lol.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I don't watch enough of him to know one way or another. I seem to recall him having a big point shot. I agree that the minutes on a bad team could be deceiving, that's why we have to trust in our pro scouting staff....:(:help:

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Ceci is the perfect Chiarelli target. Terrible advanced stats and a -19 so far this year. I'll say he trades Nuge for him and uses it as an excuse to make up some cap space.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Chia has wanted Ceci since the Hall trade, that name popping up doesn't surprise me.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Edit: Chia likes Ceci apparently.

I'm really scared now.

Melnyk turned down Hall for Ceci so it’s a pretty easy name to throw out there for speculation. I sure hope we haven’t circled back to him... he’d be like our #5 (6 if Sekera can somehow bounce back), and not address any needs, while likely making our biggest weakness (forwards) worse. Enough with the minor upgrades/lateral moves on defense

For those mentioning Kapanen, no way that we'd get him for Talbot and a 2nd.

Ya. We won’t get him for that, and there’s no way we should offer more than that. After this year, when he finishes with like 40 points, then throw the 2nd round pick+ offer out there if they can’t make the cap work.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So who was dumber? Chia for wanting to trade Hall for Ceci or Ottawa's gm for not pulling the trigger?

I suspect Ottawa was never given that chance, NJ said yes first and Larsson was probably a bit higher up on Chia's "magic list".

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
If it's buy low, I wouldn't mind Ceci. But think something like Spooner+Benning going the other way.

He can eat some minutes, and does have some offensive upside (with talents that fit a niche here).

Plus the fact he's a 1 year deal means there's no long term cap issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad