Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Perry? Neal? Eriksson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Lmao

He suffered injuries the past 2 years. In his last full season he was an excellent #3. Even if he comes back and is slower due to past injuries, hes still a serviceable middle pairing D and great mentor for the young D. Even if hes just the buffer zone between the young D having to be partnered with Russell on the second pairing, hes well worth his contract
In his last full season two years ago before multiple severe injuries he was an excellent #3 I agree.

That means absolutely nothing today. We know he can be a good bottom pair D that’s it. That’s all we should expect him to be.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Things have been real quiet on the Eberle front. I haven't seen anything about him for a good long while.

He could sign a short 1 or 2 year deal with Edmonton in the hope he breaks out again. 37 point season will make it real tough to sign a big deal for him. He could gamble and test free agency again in a year or two.

The Islanders pretty much are the only good bet to give him a decent long term contract at this time because they have the cap space. Idk, if they're prepared to do so though.

Ebz hitting 25-30 goals and 50-60 points is a reasonable target. I'm willing to take him back for a year or two. It really could help out both parties.

It’ll be interesting to see what kind of a contract Ebs lands.

On one hand, Perron signed for 4 mill x 4 years, coming off a strong season with Vegas but opted to go with security and get a NMC/NTC.

Neal on the other hand landed 5.75 mill x 5 years. Have read some speculation that Ebs’ wife wants to come back Canada so maybe he values a NTC/NMC more than getting paid?

I think Eberle falls somewhere in the middle, I think he lands a 4 year deal ranging from $4,750,000 - $5,250,000. If any team lands him for cheaper than that, they’ve got themselves a solid deal IMO.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It’ll be interesting to see what kind of a contract Ebs lands.

On one hand, Perron signed for 4 mill x 4 years, coming off a strong season with Vegas but opted to go with security and get a NMC/NTC.

Neal on the other hand landed 5.75 mill x 5 years. Have read some speculation that Ebs’ wife wants to come back Canada so maybe he values a NTC/NMC more than getting paid?

I think Eberle falls somewhere in the middle, I think he lands a 4 year deal ranging from $4,750,000 - $5,250,000. If any team lands him for cheaper than that, they’ve got themselves a solid deal IMO.
I know Eberle's agent is probably very thankful he had a solid playoff (atleast the first round) because that really saved him going into this UFA period imo.

Reactions: nabob

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Are the Oilers better off with Eriksson on the team and playing against Lucic six times a year?

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Perry would still have to waive to come here.. how likely is that to happen? He'd rather be bought out and have his choice of teams. Just a very unrealistic idea IMO.

There is a good chance he would waive for Edmonton. His mother in law is President of a college in Northern Alberta, so if his wife had input which we all know she would, being close to her mother would be a nice bonus.

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Ducks fan coming in peace. Wondering if Edmonton is looking to trade Sekera to create cap space?

If so, would a trade for Perry with retention make sense from Edmonton's perspective?

Another possible trade: Perry (with some retention) and Larsson for Sekera and Puljujarvi? Larsson is a LHD first round pick who played quite a bit last year and seems ready to take a bigger role.

I would hope not as trading Sekera leaves a massive void of puck moving defense.

If he gets hurt again it sucks but there are no internal candidates to replace him so it makes more sense to roll the dice on him.

Plus if he's healthy and returns to form he should be a positive asset at the deadline or next summer.

Crude

Rafters 94
Jul 15, 2007
Edmonton
Ahh famous last words.

I don't get this line of thinking. Lucic has no one to blame for this situation but himself. He was given ample opportunity next to 97 and 29 since his arrival. The game has passed him by.

Have you noticed how he plays against LA? He was there for one season. Why do people think that if we trade him, he will all of a sudden be out for blood?

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Yes.

I wish we could play against Lucic 82 times a year honestly.

People forget that Lucic is an anchor no matter what line he's on for the Oil. Like someone had posted before, would rather have him potentially F'ing us up 6 times max per year vs guaranteed F'ing us up 82 times.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I don't get this line of thinking. Lucic has no one to blame for this situation but himself. He was given ample opportunity next to 97 and 29 since his arrival. The game has passed him by.

Have you noticed how he plays against LA? He was there for one season. Why do people think that if we trade him, he will all of a sudden be out for blood?
Oilers. I wouldn’t be surprised if Tobias Rieder schools us next season also.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

Even if he was, how scary is a guy who can't skate?

Reactions: Crude

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Of the names rumoured there (and damn that's an ugly list), I'd personally lean towards Eriksson.

Of the 4 (including Lucic), he's the only one you could trust in a defensive role. Considering the Oil still have Khaira and Kassian for physicality, and will be losing Rieder, a half decent PK'er on the wing is the bigger need than a physical presence.

Plus considering they've got his old coach, I could see him fitting in easier.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Yeah but he might give McDavid a mean glare while Connor skates around him and scores a goal. :scared:

Gotta keep those things in mind.

But then later, he and Drai would share a chuckle with each other skating to their respective benches after Drai flattens Petterson along the boards.

Reactions: frag2

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
My hope for this offseason would be

Lucic, Safin and Isles 3rd round pick for Eriksson (Done after the finals are done)

Eriksson($1M retained) and Puljujarvi to Ottawa for Pageau and rights to Duclair (done after July 1)

Sign Perry 1yr $2.5M after he's bought out by Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad