Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Perry? Neal? Eriksson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Things have been real quiet on the Eberle front. I haven't seen anything about him for a good long while.

He could sign a short 1 or 2 year deal with Edmonton in the hope he breaks out again. 37 point season will make it real tough to sign a big deal for him. He could gamble and test free agency again in a year or two.

The Islanders pretty much are the only good bet to give him a decent long term contract at this time because they have the cap space. Idk, if they're prepared to do so though.

Ebz hitting 25-30 goals and 50-60 points is a reasonable target. I'm willing to take him back for a year or two. It really could help out both parties.

Reactions: bucks_oil

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Things have been real quiet on the Eberle front. I haven't seen anything about him for a good long while.

He could sign a short 1 or 2 year deal with Edmonton in the hope he breaks out again. 37 point season will make it real tough to sign a big deal for him. He could gamble and test free agency again in a year or two.

The Islanders pretty much are the only good bet to give him a decent long term contract at this time because they have the cap space. Idk, if they're prepared to do so though.

Ebz hitting 25-30 goals and 50-60 points is a reasonable target. I'm willing to take him back for a year or two. It really could help out both parties.
Skinner just got 72m. Eberle will get a huge offer from some team. 7m x 7y or something. Don't see him signing a short term deal.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Ducks fan coming in peace. Wondering if Edmonton is looking to trade Sekera to create cap space?

If so, would a trade for Perry with retention make sense from Edmonton's perspective?

Another possible trade: Perry (with some retention) and Larsson for Sekera and Puljujarvi? Larsson is a LHD first round pick who played quite a bit last year and seems ready to take a bigger role.

Reactions: M Ace

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Ducks fan coming in peace. Wondering if Edmonton is looking to trade Sekera to create cap space?

If so, would a trade for Perry with retention make sense from Edmonton's perspective?

Another possible trade: Perry (with some retention) and Larsson for Sekera and Puljujarvi? Larsson is a LHD first round pick who played quite a bit last year and seems ready to take a bigger role.
I doubt the Oilers are looking to move Sekera to create cap space. Holland likes him as a mentor for the young defensemen that may make the team. He actually looks pretty good after his injury. I also think that if they are moving Puljujarvi it will be to upgrade the forwards but not for someone like Perry ho is close t being done. They do not need a young LHD at all since they have too many already.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
I don't see any way Perry is an Oiler next year (but that I'd want him anyways, unless it's a straight swap for Lucic).

He won't waive his NMC to facilitate a trade, and why should he? If the Ducks buy him out, he'll get his buyout and be able to choose his next team.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
This is the most likely outcome IMO. I could see him signing for around 2M on a contender.

I have zero interest in Perry, he's declining rapidly. Everyone would hate him by game 20.

Agreed. Kinda like a Marchand type player with the weasel BS

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Canuck fans are unbearable. They think we need to add a first round pick to Lucic to get Eriksson.

Yeah, its funny. I'm not even sure I would do it straight across. I was totally for it a week ago, and thought we'd win the trade hands down, but then I looked into it more. Erickson is just as useless as Lucic, and doesn't bring any other aspects to his game. Erickson can PK decently well apparently, so I guess there is that. The other big reason was that we'd have to protect Lucic for the Seattle expansion draft, but others pointed out that Lucic would very likely waive for Seattle anyhow, which is a really good point.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Time to get creative.

Lucic with $2M retained for Perry with $3M retained.

Lucic:
Year+/- Cap HitReal Dollars+/- Real Dollars
19/20+1.625M7M+4M
20/21+1.625M6M+2M
21/22-4M2M-3M
22/23-4M2M-2M
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Perry:
Year+/- Cap HitReal Dollars+/- Real Dollars
19/20-1.625M4M-4M
20/21-1.625M5M-2M
21/22+4M3M+3M
22/23+4M2M+2M
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I kept confusing myself, so I made it into a table haha.

The Oilers take on an extra $1.625M cap hit for two seasons and pay an extra $6M in salary to lose Lucic and gain $4M of cap space in year 3 and 4.

The Ducks save $6M during Perry's contract and are left with Lucic at a cap hit of $4M and a total salary of $5M for year 3 and 4.

Boom.

Why would the Ducks trade for the worse player with 2 more years of term on his contract?

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario

IMO we keep Sekera. He's a great vet, reliable, and plays a steady game. I can't think of many guys who I would rather have younger D breaking in and playing with. He makes an ideal partner for either one of Jones or Bouchard on the last pairing. He still has the smarts to play top 4 if need be but Nurse and Klef are able to take those bigger minutes on the left side.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Oilers wouldnt be going after Perry if the idea is to create cap space.

It would just be Larsson(ANA) for Sekera.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

If we are trading Sekera to open up cap space, why would we trade him for Corey Perry? Even if the Ducks retain 50%, and they wouldn’t, it doesn’t gain us much cap space at all.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012

Id say no. Lucic for Perry would be ok. But Sekera is a good player and very likely will play up to his contract next year. Hes a good #3D. The retention would have to be high

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Id say no. Lucic for Perry would be ok. But Sekera is a good player and very likely will play up to his contract next year. Hes a good #3D. The retention would have to be high
Andrej Sekera is a good #3 in 2019? You know this how? He hasn’t played that role successfully in 2 years.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Andrej Sekera is a good #3 in 2019? You know this how? He hasn’t played that role successfully in 2 years.

Lmao

He suffered injuries the past 2 years. In his last full season he was an excellent #3. Even if he comes back and is slower due to past injuries, hes still a serviceable middle pairing D and great mentor for the young D. Even if hes just the buffer zone between the young D having to be partnered with Russell on the second pairing, hes well worth his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad