Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: 1st Rounder in Play? Ruh Roh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Not one for one, but their GM and owner want toughness, and Lucic has that more than anyone else in the league. Plus, they can afford the extra cap space. If there’s a team we should be trying to move Looch to, it’s Carolina

That desire of toughness doesn't seem to be enough of a reason for them to want to re-sign Ferland. A player who at this point is not only better, but more effectively "tough" than Lucic has been the past 2 seasons.

You can forget moving Lucic. It's not going to happen. Not unless we're paying a ridiculous amount to do it.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
That desire of toughness doesn't seem to be enough of a reason for them to want to re-sign Ferland. A player who at this point is not only better, but more effectively "tough" than Lucic has been the past 2 seasons.

You can forget moving Lucic. It's not going to happen. Not unless we're paying a ridiculous amount to do it.

The difference is signing Ferland just means spending more money. The potential Rask/Lucic swap is 4 million in, 4 million out.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Not one for one, but their GM and owner want toughness, and Lucic has that more than anyone else in the league. Plus, they can afford the extra cap space. If there’s a team we should be trying to move Looch to, it’s Carolina

Then why not just re-sign Ferland? He's tough and scores more than Lucic.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
The difference is signing Ferland just means spending more money. The potential Rask/Lucic swap is 4 million in, 4 million out.

It's not money in money out for the Canes. They add an extra year at the end and a subsequent extra $4M in real dollars. For a player who is older and worse. And costs much more to buyout.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Then why not just re-sign Ferland? He's tough and scores more than Lucic.
Well, the idea is Rask for Lucic, so there's essentially money out, money in with Lucic. Signing Ferland is just money in. With Lucic, Ferland is also flipped for additional assets.

That being said, I'm still not positive Carolina would see value in Lucic at the moment.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
It's not money in money out for the Canes. They add an extra year at the end and a subsequent extra $4M in real dollars. For a player who is older and worse. And costs much more to buyout.

He’s got nearly double the points of Rask, while doing a LOT more away from the puck, so I’m not sure it’s fair to call him worse. You’re also not getting Ferland signed for that extra year’s salary, so it’s kind of moot. And there’s no way they buy out Rask with their budget, so who cares about buyout costs?

Well, the idea is Rask for Lucic, so there's essentially money out, money in with Lucic. Signing Ferland is just money in. With Lucic, Ferland is also flipped for additional assets.

That being said, I'm still not positive Carolina would see value in Lucic at the moment.

Ya I’m sure we’d have to sweeten the pot. But it beats dealing him to a contender where the caphit is what matters, and we’d have to retain salary.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He’s got nearly double the points of Rask, while doing a LOT more away from the puck, so I’m not sure it’s fair to call him worse. You’re also not getting Ferland signed for that extra year’s salary, so it’s kind of moot. And there’s no way they buy out Rask with their budget, so who cares about buyout costs?

Ya I’m sure we’d have to sweeten the pot. But it beats dealing him to a contender where the caphit is what matters, and we’d have to retain salary.

lol Lucic is one of the worst forwards in the league away from the puck.

So no way they buy out Rask with their budget, but they'd be willing to pay Lucic $8M more than it would cost to buy Rask out?

You're dreaming in technicolour.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
lol Lucic is one of the worst forwards in the league away from the puck.

So no way they buy out Rask with their budget, but they'd be willing to pay Lucic $8M more than it would cost to buy Rask out?

You're dreaming in technicolour.

You can’t seem to get past your Lucic hatred. It’s like the Clarkson/Horton trade. Budget teams would rather have a player to show for their money as opposed to paying a player not to play

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Lucic @750k retained + Larsson + Puljujarvi

for

Hamilton + Rask + Ferland

Start flushing out Chia's garbage.

Larsson and to a lesser degree Puljujarvi are not garbage. Neither is Looch if he can keep his recent level of play up (big if I know).

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Larsson and to a lesser degree Puljujarvi are not garbage. Neither is Looch if he can keep his recent level of play up (big if I know).

Larsson is criminally underrated. I wouldn't trade him for anything less then a Pietrangelo level dman, and even then I would want to trade someone else.

Reactions: LaGu

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Lucic+Talbot for Schneider? Does that work if we accept the trade since Schneider is on the IR.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
If we can take advantage of a favourable section of the schedule we're in and be in a playoff spot at the All-Star break, I certainly hope we get aggressive (just not with Chia at the helm). Klefbom should be back by then as well.

I'd push for these deals....

To EDM: Stone, Nilsson

To OTT: Talbot, Spooner, Benning, Yamamoto, 2019 1st, Cond 2020 2nd (Stone extends)

I'd try and sign Stone to 7 year 56 million extension (8 per)

Then...

To EDM: Ferland

To CAR: 2019 2nd, Safin

Ferland-McDavid-Stone
Rieder-Draisaitl-Chiasson
Khaira-Nuge-Puljujarvi
Looch-Brodz-Kass

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Jones-Petrovic

Koskinen
Nilsson

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
If we can take advantage of a favourable section of the schedule we're in and be in a playoff spot at the All-Star break, I certainly hope we get aggressive (just not with Chia at the helm). Klefbom should be back by then as well.

I'd push for these deals....

To EDM: Stone, Nilsson

To OTT: Talbot, Spooner, Benning, Yamamoto, 2019 1st, Cond 2020 2nd (Stone extends)

I'd try and sign Stone to 7 year 56 million extension (8 per)

Then...

To EDM: Ferland

To CAR: 2019 2nd, Safin

Ferland-McDavid-Stone
Rieder-Draisaitl-Chiasson
Khaira-Nuge-Puljujarvi
Looch-Brodz-Kass

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Russell
Jones-Petrovic

Koskinen
Nilsson

I might just wait for the offseason to sign Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad