Proposal: Rumours and Proposals Thread: 1st Rounder in Play? Ruh Roh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Yep, I hated that pick the moment they made it. Anyone would've been better than Strome. Really sad for that franchise. First they lose out on McDavid and Eichel in the lottery, and then they pick a complete dud in Strome. Yikes. Marner could have really breathed some life into that team and brought some excitement for fans.

14 points in 22 games... Yeah he sure is a complete dud. This dud actually could help our team in scoring right now. Please don't call other teams players duds when the majority of our roster is a complete dud

Reactions: joestevens29

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
League average SV% has been up around .912 over the last few seasons. The highest the Canes have managed since 2014 is .907. There's your trouble.
Just goaltending is the problem eh? If your consistently the Corsi champs you should score some goals no?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
He never fit, but at the same time he kinda sucked by the time we got rid of him.

Now would things have been different if RNH or Hall or whoever would've reached out and felt him more welcome and showed him the ropes?

I still think it was three-fold why he never succeeded at this level. Eakins partially ruined him. Another part that ruined Yakupov was Yakupov himself as he just couldn't grasp the NHL game. The last part, was he was another #1 pick that was rushed into the league. He should have been brought along a bit slower, given his 9 games and sent to junior then the AHL.

We'll never know if that would have made a difference and now he's in the K. Looking up his stats, 23 points in 31 games.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Meh, then prove to me how is NOT a legit top pair dman

Even Cgy's GM eluded that Hamilton was traded to help out their lockerroom.

Hamilton is a stud dman. Same as Subban, who inexplicably got traded for "no apparent reason" either
He’s never successfully anchored a good top pairing in his career. He played with chara in Boston then Gio in Calgary. He’s good offensively but he’s not good without the puck at all. Look at how Gio has taken off not having to cover for him.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
The last part, was he was another #1 pick that was rushed into the league. He should have been brought along a bit slower, given his 9 games and sent to junior then the AHL
He did play half his rookie season in the KHL.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Sure is lots of smoke around Jesse or our 1st being traded. Chiarelli must not be allowed to make any more sewer deals. Fire him today.

Coming from where exactly? All that I've heard about was the Stauffer tweet, is there more smoke than that coming from credible or semi-credible sources?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Coming from where exactly? All that I've heard about was the Stauffer tweet, is there more smoke than that coming from credible or semi-credible sources?
Friedman had it in his thoughts as well, which I suspect is probably from conversations he had with Stauffer

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
14 points in 22 games... Yeah he sure is a complete dud. This dud actually could help our team in scoring right now. Please don't call other teams players duds when the majority of our roster is a complete dud
Guy literally would be 5th in goals for us with those 7 goals in 22 games

Reactions: KYams17

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Just goaltending is the problem eh? If your consistently the Corsi champs you should score some goals no?

They're a middling offensive team that's getting destroyed by crap goaltending, I have no idea what's hard to grasp about that.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

He's a dud for a 3rd overall pick 4 years after being drafted.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I've that he would cause a stink and pout when his bro would get demoted, or if he was ever taken off Gio's side.
He also wasnt missed in Bos.

I still don't get why Calgary thought it was a good idea to bring his brother in.

Freddie is a nothing player and he was then too. They were just placating Dougie by doing it.

Reactions: booyakasha

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
He’s never successfully anchored a good top pairing in his career. He played with chara in Boston then Gio in Calgary. He’s good offensively but he’s not good without the puck at all. Look at how Gio has taken off not having to cover for him.

Well we have no D men who are good with the puck (and like two worth a damn without it) so I fail to see how that wouldn't be an improvement.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
He's a dud for a 3rd overall pick 4 years after being drafted.

I really didn't notice the Coyotes giving him a chance to play a whole lot. He played 21 games his first year, got 9 points with them after going a ppg in the AHL. Then he played 20 games and, yes only got 6 points. But it wasn't like he's finished or anything. The kid is 21 years old! Also, he never got a chance at top 2 line duty

Reactions: joestevens29

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
It’s wild that there are people who would turn their noses up on Hamilton. Proven 40-50 point right shot dman. We haven’t had a player with his offensive ability on the backend since visnovsky/souray.
It’s not about that it’s about. It’s about the cost possibly being not worth it for a guy who’s never successfully anchored a top pairing. Obviously we’d all love to have Dougie Hamilton on our team tomorrow but this isn’t a guy you mortgage the future for.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Well we have no D men who are good with the puck (and like two worth a damn without it) so I fail to see how that wouldn't be an improvement.

I may be sticking up for Hamilton as a player, but even I wouldn't trade for him. Something is clearly off behind the scenes, and the risk isn't worth it

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I agree. If he didn’t cost an arm and a leg I would love to have him. I wanted him bad in 2015 and was choked when Calgary got him. There isn’t a scenario where we get him without giving up Nuge and that’s not worth it to me.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Guy literally would be 5th in goals for us with those 7 goals in 22 games

That's an indictment of our team not a plus in his favour.

Just because his middling stats would put him high up on our team in points doesn't mean he's actually all that good.

Not sure how people can't see that.

North

Jun 25, 2009
It’s not about that it’s about. It’s about the cost possibly being not worth it for a guy who’s never successfully anchored a top pairing. Obviously we’d all love to have Dougie Hamilton on our team tomorrow but this isn’t a guy you mortgage the future for.

I think the fact that he's been moved so many times in such a short period would also start weighing on GMs and make them hesitant to part with significant assets.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It’s wild that there are people who would turn their noses up on Hamilton. Proven 40-50 point right shot dman. We haven’t had a player with his offensive ability on the backend since visnovsky/souray.
Two problems. Guy is on pace for 30 points this year and obviously has other issues not related to his on ice games.

I think you definitely have to look at him, but you can't pay full price for him.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I think the fact that he's been moved so many times in such a short period would also start weighing on GMs and make them hesitant to part with significant assets.

"This statement isn't sexy"
nchmKO8K_400x400.png

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Some B.S. about his personality and not being a good teammate because didn't want to go get wasted and chase skirts.

That's what I've read too. He'd rather hangout at a library or museum instead of getting shitfaced with his teammates apparently rubbed them the wrong way. Also with how they turfed his brother pissed him off.

It's funny if Hamilton is available and posters here dont want anything to do with him. We're so desperate for the offensive PMD that we'd pass off because of 'alleged' character issues. If salary in and salary out makes sense, it's a no brainer.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
I may be sticking up for Hamilton as a player, but even I wouldn't trade for him. Something is clearly off behind the scenes, and the risk isn't worth it

That's not how it's being framed by Fridge.

“They have four right-shot defencemen, they’ve been asked about Hamilton. If you’re willing to come back to them with a scorer I think that they would consider doing it.”

It's more about need IMO.

Reactions: ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
That's what I've read too. He'd rather hangout at a library or museum instead of getting ****faced with his teammates apparently rubbed them the wrong way. Also with how they turfed his brother pissed him off.

It's funny if Hamilton is available and posters here dont want anything to do with him. We're so desperate for the offensive PMD that we'd pass off because of 'alleged' character issues. If salary in and salary out makes sense, it's a no brainer.

"Hall partied too much, he had to go. Hamilton doesn't party enough, we don't want him."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad