Speculation: Rumour, Trade and Free Agent Speculation, 2019-20 - Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Without a deal in place a 1 year rental isn't worth much more than a TD rental. IMO there is a good chance that is the bases of a deal, but you might have a few more pieces to extract a little more value. I'm still calling Trouba and Roslovic for #11, Frost and P. Myers. IMO that is pretty close to a equal balance.

I would love that deal.......a lot.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
For some reason i'm thinking Trouba gets traded at the draft , all the GM's in one place so Chevy can make all the teams that want Trouba out bid one another . :nod:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
For some reason i'm thinking Trouba gets traded at the draft , all the GM's in one place so Chevy can make all the teams that want Trouba out bid one another . :nod:
If a 1st round pick is involved, it might also depend on who is or isn't available at a particular pick. So it might even be a draft floor trade.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Trying to understand why Philly would trade RD for RD, get older, increase their cap hit by $3-4m, for one more year of control????

And what does this mean for Trouba?

(besides possibly being open season on fleecing Philly)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Without a deal in place a 1 year rental isn't worth much more than a TD rental. IMO there is a good chance that is the bases of a deal, but you might have a few more pieces to extract a little more value. I'm still calling Trouba and Roslovic for #11, Frost and P. Myers. IMO that is pretty close to a equal balance.

With or without a deal in place, I'd be happy with that.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Big Show Drinking game:

Each time Toth mispronounces a name

Each time Westwood says profound

Each time Westwood takes 2 minutes to ask a ridiculously straightforward question

You'll be bombed by 7:15
Here’s my Chevy Press Conference drinking game...

Y’know = 1 shot
Again = 1 shot
Certainly = 1 shot
Process = 1 shot
(Mentions salary cap not set yet) = 1 shot
Due diligences = 1 shot
Lot of moving parts = 1 shot

You’ll be blotto in the first 30 seconds.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Makes no sense for Philly. Gudas is currently better. Maybe Niskanen rebounds at 32 :eek:.

Gudas is better, younger, cheaper - and Philly retained 30%. :huh::huh::huh::huh:
Niskanen is under contract for 1 additional year but what good is that if the player is not good? Expensive too at 5.75.

I don't know what to make of this.

Reactions: MardyBum

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Gudas is better, younger, cheaper - and Philly retained 30%. :huh::huh::huh::huh:
Niskanen is under contract for 1 additional year but what good is that if the player is not good? Expensive too at 5.75.

To me, I think it means they're moving off of Trouba.

In the worst possible way.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Could be. Or not. They traded their only RHD for another RHD. Older, slower, costs more. ???

Edit: They acquired Niskanen to include in the Trouba trade? :eek: :help:

Reactions: boydkc

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016

Kinda makes me wonder if the Caps are taking a run at Trouba.... We all know Chevy deals with teams randomly and is fairly unpredictable.. Not sure why Philly would assist but maybe a team like Washington is lurking in the weeds...

Whileee

May 29, 2010

In essence, they are paying Niskanen over $6.5M this season. Bonkers.

upload_2019-6-14_9-11-32.png

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kinda makes me wonder if the Caps are taking a run at Trouba.... We all know Chevy deals with teams randomly and is fairly unpredictable.. Not sure why Philly would assist but maybe a team like Washington is lurking in the weeds...
Doubt that the Caps can afford Trouba, and it doesn't make that much sense to trade Niskanen for an RHD if you are trying to make cap space for an RHD.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Does this mean Philly is out on Trouba?
depends on how Fletch views their RD after Niskanen. I think they only had 2 RD's on the roster coming into this off-season with Gudas and Myers. Sanheim and Gost are both Lefties that have played the right side a lot though. Myers is young and un-proven so perhaps they want Trouba-Niskanen-Myers as their RD depth.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Doubt that the Caps can afford Trouba, and it doesn't make that much sense to trade Niskanen for an RHD if you are trying to make cap space for an RHD.

That's what I was thinking...but this flipping Niskanen to us idea has me worried. That said, Niskanen's defCF numbers are just what the doctor ordered in this town.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Can't see that when they have Carlson at 8 mil for 7 more seasons.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Could be. Or not. They traded their only RHD for another RHD. Older, slower, costs more. ???

Edit: They acquired Niskanen to include in the Trouba trade? :eek: :help:

Sounds exactly like what Chevy is looking for. Maurice has probably told him, go out and get me some veterans that won't whine about their ice time. Getting tired of these damn kids. Get off my ice! :laugh:

Oh man, so looking forward to the next few weeks. I have a feeling this board could implode. :popcorn:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sounds exactly like what Chevy is looking for. Maurice has probably told him, go out and get me some veterans that won't whine about their ice time. Getting tired of these damn kids. Get off my ice! :laugh:

Oh man, so looking forward to the next few weeks. I have a feeling this board could implode. :popcorn:

If it is something to make this board implode, I'm not looking forward to it. I know what you are expecting and I don't see it as something to look forward to. Will be exciting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad